Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Do you think you are busy and stressed?; Dealing with life
Topic Started: Jul 19 2017, 04:50 PM (75 Views)
Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
I hear it just about every day, people are working hard and stressed. They are working long hours and family life is suffering. Millions are on some pharmaceutical drug to help them get through.
I worked in the IT industry marketing software to major companies. I have seen people have nervous breakdowns or just become sick due to stress and work.

I have a friend who works harder than anyone I have ever worked with and he has some skills he uses:

Deal with it immediately.
Delegate only if it's the person's job to deal with those issues.
If you say you will call back - just do it.
When working on several things start with the hardest.
Never leave things that needed to be done today - overnight.
Where ever possible, leave no jobs to be done at the end of the day.

Never let the ego loose with decision making. Make your decision and move on immediately, you will find you will be as right as if you are angsting over decisions for ages. He always steers clear of emotional issues until there is no other way and then he points out a rational path and they can take it or leave it.

The outcome of his way of working is that he is never stressed, he has plenty of time for others around him and people he works with become more efficient as he sets an example. He also keeps his excellent sense of humour as no stress sticks to him.

His view is that at least 50% of a working life is wasted thinking and talking about things rather than just doing them.

Edited by Ardy, Jul 19 2017, 04:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
It is time for exams in schools in Australia. The national news ran an article about the amount of stress the kids go through and how many are taking to medical and alternate methods to deal with it. They had a senior bloke from the education department saying 'We MUST find new ways that do not involve such stress'.

This, of course, denies the 100's of millions of kids who sat exams in the past and with the prospect of starvation or abject poverty hanging over them. What are the big bad things these kids are stressed about?

I think it is what was referred to in the 60's as the 'housewife syndrome' where there was so little risk in their lives that they took to drugs (mothers little helper?) and alcohol as an escape from 'stress'. Marianne Faithful's song 'Lucy Jordon' talks about this.
Edited by Ardy, Oct 11 2017, 01:17 PM.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Humans are hard-wired to be problem-solvers, but without enough natural problems to solve, they end up inventing their own unnatural ones, to which there are no solutions.

->Neuroses.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Very true crow and it is obvious that we were most probably the last generation of kids who had real freedom to roam and excitement in our play. All of which leads to dealing with issues of life.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
Most of the people that I work with are lazy. They prefer to chitchat with the first passerby while many things are yet to be done. They stand there, talking, while I hurry myself to make up for their inertia. I may experience something like stress while working, but it doesn't overwhelm me. I like to be done with tasks as quickly as possible.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Oscar: You will never be out of a job but watch out for managers who will use you.

There was a time when lazy workers were sacked and that kept the others on their toes now it is too hard to sack workers in Australia so we have lots of lazy workers here.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
It's the same over here!
Edited by Oscar, Oct 13 2017, 01:03 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Life Skills · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone