Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A meditation trip.
Topic Started: Sep 12 2017, 12:54 PM (128 Views)
Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
I had three weeks to overcome the mind and drop into the 'hara'. That is Japanese for the 'death center'. And so I had envisioned a trip to a nearby island to meditate in nature. This is how it went.

Spoiler: click to toggle

-Once I experienced a state unlike anything that I have felt in years. I was walking and feeling like a superman because somehow I was aware of everything happening while being connected to an unknown power source probably my life source. I even broke out in a slight run, it was great.

-Fasting is probably beneficial in many ways beyond the most obvious practical ways - you don't need food, thus no or less water and so you won't need to relieve yourself either. But fasting is likely gonna get in your way unless you're already deep in meditation and conserving your energy - you'll just get hungry. I spent the last two weeks eating burgers and candy - I don't recommend it but it was convenient for me.

-I experienced a state of an empty head that I called being, although as you'll understand from reading the rest that was only half a state of 'being'...I tried relaxing much, finding balance, and got much better with sitting down to meditate than I have ever been before.

-I noticed things about attention. That giving attention to a specific something certainly involves the mind slightly and becomes a hindrance. Directing the arm is not much different from directing the head(thinking). This gave rise to a hilarious understanding of my own foolishness...

So the head can be empty, but certainly the head is part of the body and the body should be just as empty.

I somewhat oscillate between meditation and just relaxing to find balance. I never know where to go or what to do but going in whatever direction feels right seems to work pretty well.

There are many notes and I haven't gone through them to see if there is anything that could be of interest to you. I feel like I have mentioned the more important things relating to the trip and my personal progress.

I have regained things that were lost and put my progress into notes. I'm going back to work tomorrow but at the very least I'll struggle to maintain and reacquire this state as needed whenever I have free time. My last years has been spent mostly doing emergency meditation practices as to not go crazy. Many late night walks. But now I wish to push this if it's at all possible to do that while balancing work. I want to prioritize it in a way I haven't up til now.
Edited by Oscar, Sep 12 2017, 01:01 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Very interesting Oscar, isn't having an empty head a lovely thing? I have not been in that state for some years but I still remember it.

I suspect the best way to meditate whilst working is to 'just do it' at least once a day. life gets slowly easier. You did not mention any rise in intuition or insights into life which normally comes with these experiences.

A friend of mine went to live, as the only human, on an island 40 years ago. The boat was coming back to get him in 2 weeks and he just meditated, swam, fished and lived. He had a massive break through but does not seem to have gone through to full enlightenment.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
Ardy
Sep 12 2017, 04:04 PM
Very interesting Oscar, isn't having an empty head a lovely thing? I have not been in that state for some years but I still remember it.

I suspect the best way to meditate whilst working is to 'just do it' at least once a day. life gets slowly easier. You did not mention any rise in intuition or insights into life which normally comes with these experiences.

A friend of mine went to live, as the only human, on an island 40 years ago. The boat was coming back to get him in 2 weeks and he just meditated, swam, fished and lived. He had a massive break through but does not seem to have gone through to full enlightenment.
That's a good idea. I'm gonna try to keep up a daily practice, I'm going out soon.

I wasn't able to find a good place to meditate before and get into it. Since the ground is mostly damp and cold in this climate it makes sitting down to meditate difficult. I keep a sleeping mat and extra clothes in my car.

I met with many animals. Some of them include

-Nuthatch: reminded me of gerbils. Somehow ferocious. Walked up and down the pine trees like there was no gravity. I liked these birds a lot.
-Deer
-Snakes!
-Small fishes.
-Beetles: The common beetle, here, is a mystery. It falls on it's back on the trail and cannot get back up again. I flipped many beetles but it was a lost cause.
-Insects: Including a wasp-like insect that nested in single, burrowed holes in the ground. It caught flies as big as itself. Ants, butterflies, much more.
-Frogs, a lizard.
-Squirrels: one of them was very aggressive. A 'Chip' temperament.
-Swans
Many more.

Lots of different kinds of trees and plants. The mushrooms have arrived.

There's a great sand-ford between two islands. I got to bathe naked and dry up in the sun on the first trip!

crow
Member Avatar
One
Welcome back, Oscar. That was a very in-depth exploration, and generously reported.

The thing is: to shut down your own idea of time. To step outside of its (imaginary) influence.
In other words: to step into actual time, where everything is now.
Easier said than done, for sure :)

Stop the clock.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
I'm starting to get the hang of it now. Got in a few hours practicing today. It was difficult at first, the mind-in-the-head had returned and I found myself stuck in it's wanderings. Yet after some effort I got to a real good place. Nothing spectacular happened, but I was effortlessly remembering in that I was aware of what was going on and in that awareness I was also headless for a duration.

There are no good words to describe these things but I had a good day meditating after having dealt with other concerns. If you manage to push through meditation rewards you with special moments/durations.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
This may sound a little strange but one of the most apparent changes as you meditate is this: your eyes begin to glow. My eyes improved a lot during these weeks, and they still maintain some of that. Some days are better than others and those days your eyes really come to life. They speak of intelligence and life.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Not strange at all. An old saying: "The eyes are the window of the Soul", and this is so.
As Soul wakes up, it glows, and the eyes reveal this.
The more you observe others, the more you realize the sorry state of their unrealized souls. Their eyes look dead, crazed, or hunted.

Do you look better to yourself in the mirror?

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
Yes!

crow
Member Avatar
One
At 600 posts, there really should be some appreciable sign of progress :)

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
I can feel my good state slip away but it doesn't matter much - it is still quite near and I can turn things around and slip right back into it again.

In hindsight I'm very happy I made this trip. I feel fortunate. Why didn't I make it sooner? But there wasn't a very good time, before.

With it I'm set up to do it again, a little differently, next spring. I'm quitting my job to put all I can into it. Up until then I will make as much time as I can to be in nature.

One last observation is this: about the time when my meditation-trip was over something changed in me. I could see again, and hear again, in a way that I've not seen or heard in a long time. I was no longer meditating, at least not in any way that I recognized, but rather everything had become real and the mind fell silent much on it's own.

The real had gotten real. And so I loved the sights and the sounds again, the real, because what else could I do? With that, I feel like I hit the right balance, or angle or approach. Spirituality became alive and easy. It was there in every thing.

Before that I had tried to see how all the things were not real and that did not work very well! 'This' is where we are at, wherever that is, a thought or a sound - a something. It's quite real and yet we miss that(the realness) in them as these things fly by, in and out of our lives.

It's all about seeing the real, breathing it, surrounding yourself with it and have it fill you up. It's all around, within and without. But to get there you may have to meditate first.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
A lovely gift Oscar and something to be treasured. I have been there and as you say it can slip away again. Press on with meditation, don't do what I did.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
Ardy
Oct 26 2017, 04:26 PM
A lovely gift Oscar and something to be treasured. I have been there and as you say it can slip away again. Press on with meditation, don't do what I did.
You did good, Ardy. You can still meditate if you'd like to.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Member Ship · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone