Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The civilizations of old.
Topic Started: Sep 20 2017, 11:18 AM (121 Views)
Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
Here is a lecture on ancient civilizations. Real nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VUmtCLePL8

It starts off with a discourse on the ice age and old maps. From there it moves on to Atlantis, Hy-Brasil to ancient Egypt. With other mentions. It keeps getting more interesting.

It focuses on spirituality, via lost history, and what this means for humans today. Good stuff :) .
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
The lecturer's name is Graham Hancock. He's got a lot of material on ancient civilizations and drugs used for spiritual purposes. Way ahead of most researchers.

If you're fortunate enough to live near a great site like Giza, go see it!

DMT
Member Avatar
Orange
I want to talk a bit more on this. I am a huge john Muir fan in that, my sense of "spiritual" is really the domain of shamans, artists, magicians, medicine men, medicine women, independent of religions found in religions, science, art, the humanities. I am big in art and nature.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Does it matter? Really?
The thing that jumped out at me, and terminated my will to continue with the video, was the Oh-So-Human sentiment that humans are under some obligation to save the Universe, or otherwise destroy it. That's mega-hubris. The human condition, you might say, and the barrier that stands between humans and the rest of Reality.

When (if) humans realize (discover) that nothing is implicitly about them, maybe then will the barrier cease to be one, and they can humbly go about their own business, as does every other existing entity.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

DMT
Member Avatar
Orange
crow
Oct 18 2017, 09:46 PM
Does it matter? Really?
The thing that jumped out at me, and terminated my will to continue with the video, was the Oh-So-Human sentiment that humans are under some obligation to save the Universe, or otherwise destroy it. That's mega-hubris. The human condition, you might say, and the barrier that stands between humans and the rest of Reality.

When (if) humans realize (discover) that nothing is implicitly about them, maybe then will the barrier cease to be one, and they can humbly go about their own business, as does every other existing entity.

Crow thank you, That narrative really really bothers me its actually profoundly arrogant to think mother nature needs saving when in reality she may be teaching. Sometimes it's only through the most painful moments that we grow. It's only in the most painful of moments that we grow beyond what thought was true into something that understands what IS true. Unfortunately we may be witnessing a kind of walk to the cross but this time we all get to do that together. And how I see the narrative playing out in story :

She was crucified as her son was crucified, for his crucifixion became a fantasy and its truth was lost in time. On the third on a mountain top stood pan, he began to play and sing, "she has risen, she has risen, she has risen" , to the last few, who were left. For her death was a great sorrow, a great pain shared by all, but from the Wells of death she rose up, for she is the eternal rose once again.

A little bad poetic narrative to the power beyond us all.. Nature is big we are very very little.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
He is a good researcher and I like the subject matter. It's always interesting to hear about the pyramids. I suppose that no one can truly know what happened 10 or 15 thousand years ago, but there is evidence that still stands and some of it js intact. I like to imagine how seven Enlightened beings traveled the earth in the wake of a flood catastrophe, ordered pyramids to be built and departed their knowledge in a timeless language. Like how all roads supposedly lead to Rome, I wonder if it is not that they lead to this origin.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Mystery · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone