Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The lure of celebrity.
Topic Started: Dec 4 2017, 04:32 AM (44 Views)
Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
Celebrities are so enamored because they're perceived as being more than human. Something beyond the mundane.
Curiously this sort of thing could also describe the Master and the Spiritual.

Another inversion? The true path inverted and replaced with a kind of mawkish conceit.
Mutilating the Way and palliating the sting of its absence with plastic commodity.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crow
Member Avatar
One
I'm sure you know what you mean, but it's not remotely clear to me.
"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
I was watching concert footage of a band on youtube, realized my admiration for the musicians was borne of something misguided.

Saw smidgens of a documentary about Aboriginal history in Australia. There was footage of this deep cave in the outback, the walls were covered with hundreds upon hundreds of ochre hand prints. As part of their initiation rite, the youth would be taken into this cave, they would partake of a ceremony and emerge as men of the tribe. Spiritual and cultural were the same thing.

The west might have had something similar with Christianity at some point. But God is dead to them, and they have killed him.

A few years ago I went to a concert with my girlfriend, we saw a k-pop band called Big Bang. They played to a packed arena, there must have been thousands of us in audience. I didn't care for the music but there was something powerful about being there- so many people in paroxysms of near religious adoration. Being part of a crowd amplified the experience. The people all, were moved like leaves being carried downstream on a river.

But, the musicians are just people, they eat and void and have hangups and mundane problems.
They only appear to be beyond human. The river has been polluted.

Spirituality is a attempt to find something beyond human, beyond human ego. The Master is (//appears to be//) that thing, Reality made flesh. Clear waters y'know.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crow
Member Avatar
One
Thank you. That's far clearer now.
"Reality made flesh". One of the best descriptions ever :)

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Observations · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone