Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dreams.
Topic Started: Dec 5 2017, 01:38 PM (60 Views)
Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
Regularly meditating seems linked, in my experience, to having dreams and sleeping well.

Dreams can be a peek into ones internal workings, like a dipstick on a motor vehicle. Waking actions are reflected in dreams.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
Is there any significant difference between the dreams that you have while awake or while asleep? They might be a little bit different but I tend to think that sleeping dreams are similar to daydreams/longings. You indulge in projections of what you would like to happen.

I have no idea how meditation would have an effect upon it, unless it helps you to dream less and thus sleep the better.
Edited by Oscar, Dec 5 2017, 02:23 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
I would say there is a difference. Dreams tend to be about emotional state or subconscious stuff. Things that are happening in your life, your values or things that are important to you and your relationship to them. (Not always of course. Sometimes dreams are meaningless)

Daydreams seem more about desire or flights of fancy in my experience .

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
I believe, based on some research, that dreams are just your brain dumping the rubbish it picked up during the day and trying to make a story out of it all.

Made sense to me at the time.

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
The way that rubbish affects you shapes the dream. In my experience if I'm not doing things I know I ought to the negative feelings will manifest in dreams.

It's not like a cpu writing data to a hard drive; linear data, 1's and 0's. It's about the experiences you've had. The raw experience and how its affecting you without ego to buffer and compartmentalize it all into meaninglessness.

Possibly the dreaming state bears similarities to the automatic knowledge you've mentioned before (praniyana?).

DMT
Member Avatar
Orange
Dreams are fundemental in ancient history. They were considered the door.. We can name what that is, but naming it negates it. In ancient Greece we can see the clash of modernity and very ancient pre-literate aboriginalism between pythagoras and heraclitus. Today in modernity we might name it the unconscious in psychology terms, in antiquity it was called the logos. The hard split of the intellect into itself the Nous the mind on high is reflected in modern religion God. Pythagoras articulation is identical to modern religion in Christianity and science. It's articulated by Galileo perfectly. The aboriginalist heraclitus said "the logos is common, but everyone seems to have their own private understanding" that's anima mundi no conditions placed upon nature. Nothing has changed except the clothing in 2600 years.

The mind tries to move nature as nature is moving the mind. That's walking into insanity blind. Here is a symbiotic statement that I will make that is very accurate. "to understand God, you must understand nature, to understand nature, you must understand God. To split this is to negate this. To negate this is to not understand this".

Writing, mathematics this this fabric of these letters themselves is fueling that whole process of spliting nature, cosmos, God into conditional statements. In doing so the emotional or heart state is held prisoner to the intellect itself. The intellect is a stupid thumb nothing more self convinced its God. Sorry wrong answer.
Edited by DMT, Dec 7 2017, 07:19 AM.

crow
Member Avatar
One
"...fueling that whole process of splitting nature, cosmos, God into conditional statements..."

That's the bit that counts. Astonishing.
"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Observations · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone