Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Trip report.
Topic Started: Dec 30 2017, 09:34 PM (63 Views)
Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
The following is a trip report recounting recreational dextromethorphan (DXM, active ingredient in some types of cough syrup) abuse.
It happened/was written about six years ago now.

I removed some of the swearing from when it was originally written and changed some of the names.

Posting it in minefield for obvious reasons. Mods feel free to delete as necessary.

To clarify some things:
Chasing spiritual insight with drugs is doomed to fail and might cause you health problems. Don't be stupid. If you want to take drugs, be honest about the reason why. If you're telling yourself it will fix or enable something in your character you are lying to yourself. Try breathing instead :-)

DXM's effects have discreet plateau's commensurate with dosage. It's not like alcohol where the effects are linear. You can read about it here if you're interested. NB SorenL has a music track called Plateau Sigma, make of that what you will.

I did not actually slap my housemate, I wrote that to be a funny joke.

Spoiler: click to toggle

I haven't touched DXM since then. Drugs and alcohol make you unbalanced, better to avoid them entirely. But if you are going to take drugs do your research and minimise the potential for harm. Wantonly chugging a bottle of cough syrup can cause lasting physical harm. Don't be a idjit.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crow
Member Avatar
One
Recently I discovered that marijuana had become legal where I live, while I wasn't looking, and a store had opened, to sell it and its associated gear. I decided to see what I'd been missing.
Having pondered, at some length, what happens to me when I consume it, and how it makes me feel, I arrive at this:
The muddy, unbalanced, incoherent illness that dope causes me, is what most folks look for, and pay money to obtain, because it is far superior to their 'normal' state.
I'd forgotten how generally good I feel, without drugs, and how positively awful other must people feel, without them.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
I saw and subsequently forgot a fantastic quote about pot by some historical figure. It went something along the lines of: "Cannabis gives one the means to have profound insight but robs the individual of the ability to do anything useful with it."

The last time I smoked pot I had a really good bowel movement the next morning. A parable?

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
People are hurrying to buy cannabis stocks now that the drug is getting legalized everywhere.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
"I'd forgotten how generally good I feel, without drugs, and how positively awful other must people feel, without them."

Not sure if I have mentioned this before if so apologies.

My younger brother took drugs for about 5 years. When he was about 18 he had a very bad trip on LSD which unhinged him a bit. He went off travelling around Europe and taking whatever drugs came his way (apart from LSD).

In the end he was hospitalised with schizophrenia, given electric shock treatment and became a zombie for about 6 months, after which he was let out. He had gained amazingly high blood pressure and loved the drugs prescribed to treat it. One afternoon he told me, quite offhandedly, that he was going to kill himself but I did not take him seriously.

He threw himself in front of a train on January 18th, 1971 aged 21. He was the smartest, most capable and caring between he and I and our 2 half brothers.

At that time he was just one of thousands of young (mostly men) dying from drug related issues.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Nobody can die before their time, even if they wanted to.
This statement, of course, appears to make no sense, nor will it, without the context that renders it clearly obvious.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
Ardy
Jan 6 2018, 02:20 PM
"I'd forgotten how generally good I feel, without drugs, and how positively awful other must people feel, without them."

Not sure if I have mentioned this before if so apologies.

My younger brother took drugs for about 5 years. When he was about 18 he had a very bad trip on LSD which unhinged him a bit. He went off travelling around Europe and taking whatever drugs came his way (apart from LSD).

In the end he was hospitalised with schizophrenia, given electric shock treatment and became a zombie for about 6 months, after which he was let out. He had gained amazingly high blood pressure and loved the drugs prescribed to treat it. One afternoon he told me, quite offhandedly, that he was going to kill himself but I did not take him seriously.

He threw himself in front of a train on January 18th, 1971 aged 21. He was the smartest, most capable and caring between he and I and our 2 half brothers.

At that time he was just one of thousands of young (mostly men) dying from drug related issues.
Thanks for confiding us with your brothers story.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
crow
Jan 6 2018, 05:56 PM
Nobody can die before their time, even if they wanted to.
This statement, of course, appears to make no sense, nor will it, without the context that renders it clearly obvious.

Sounds a lot like fatalism Crow. I am struggling to understand what you are saying. Assuming that you are not talking about the madness of fatalism?

I always say to fatalists:

"If you want to know what fate has in store for you, just get your car up to 100kph, close your eyes and let go of the steering wheel"

To which they mostly reply:

"Ah! but that's not fate, that is you doing it"

To which I reply:

"Where does fate end and your will begin?"

crow
Member Avatar
One
Observation and life experience. There is this thing we know as Karma that must run its course. It does.
I appear to have died several times, yet here I still am. Life ends when it ends, yet Soul aces Life.
Karma is the means to free Soul from material Life.
Soul is all that counts.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Minefield · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone