Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What drives us to come here
Topic Started: Jan 9 2018, 10:16 PM (219 Views)
Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
It amazes me that we all come here looking for things and rarely post anything interesting (spiritually) ourselves.

I am thinking about what I find here and so here it is:

In the last 30 years I have been looking for the basis of REAL freedom for myself and I believe only a deep spiritual experience or a, hopefully, enlightenment experience brings that.

So having exchanged a few emails and had a couple of phone talks with an enlightened man in Sydney, I started to see them not as distant, obscure individuals but as real people living differently in a distorted world.

Posting on several Zen sites and some Buddhist sites led me to believe that there are few in the world who understand the great mystery. I ws posting away on a site where a couple of people understood but 95% had no idea about this mystery but would post the most amazing complex drivel imaginable and assumed they knew it intimately.

I realised that my needs were different to most there so I was getting frustrated with the level of thinking and the lack of understanding.

A couple of weeks after this, Crow showed up and all hell broke loose, it was like a fox looking into the chicken pen, the fear of what was in the vicinity was enough to bring out the big guns. I recognised him immediately and several attempts to point out to the others was met with great hostility. At that point, I completely understood what Crow stood for and jumped ship to here.

My desire is clear and strong but it ain't enough to get me over the line.

What is the desire that brings you here?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
Ardy
Jan 9 2018, 10:16 PM
My desire is clear and strong but it ain't enough to get me over the line.
You only need to do it, I think.

I come here out of a sense of responsibility. To contribute a little, if that could help someone, and to keep the forum from respiratory failure.

I originally came here to repent. I didn't want to be burdened by regrets. I wanted to make up for having acted poorly.

In between then and now I was looking for information to understand how I was supposed to advance to the soul-place. Now I understand that that was the wrong goal to have.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Great thread :)
Thanks, Ardy, Oscar. If it serves no other purpose, it means a lot to me to be able to read it.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
The forum is like a biblical text, same relationship as a Christian has to scripture.
Edited by crow, Jan 12 2018, 11:15 AM.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
Water
Jan 12 2018, 06:55 AM
The forum is like a biblical text, same relationship as a Christian has to scripture.
crow won't like that but I found it very funny. :D
Edited by crow, Jan 12 2018, 11:14 AM.

crow
Member Avatar
One
What's not to like? Seems a good metaphor.

Simpleton
No Avatar
Black
For what my two cents is worth, which probably isn't even two cents, I feel blessed to have discovered this forum. It is very much like a Bible to me.

crow
Member Avatar
One
I'd like to be able to say it is my Limousine that drives me to come here, but I unfortunately do not own one.
Instead I am stuck with a Volvo that is averse to snow, although not as averse as it was, now that I have new studded snow tires.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
Ok I get it, but it's not quite a bible. It isn't that biblical. That part made me laugh and then I imagined what Christians are like and so it didn't seem like a very flattering thing that we have the same relationship to SoL that they do to the bible.

Some of the best people that I've come across have been Christians, though.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Some of the biggest obvious hypocrites, too.
Very mysterious...

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
In my working life in the IT industry, twice I was ripped off by Christians and one of them walked around Canberra (Aust Capital) handing out 'come to Jesus' brochures on Saturdays.

I wrote a poem about some Christians who threatened to kill a playwright over a play he wrote.

I have met some outstanding Christians but not as many as I should have in a Christian society!

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
As Alan Watts puts it; "The reason why you want to be better is the reason why you aren't".

crow
Member Avatar
One
Thanks, Water. I listened to that half-awake, and found it quite amusing.
A fine example of what I call a 'mackerel'. Which is the confounding nature of taoism.
The answer, of course, is ludicrously simple, and being so, almost impossible to grasp.
Stop. Completely. Drop everything. Walk away. Vanish into nothing.
But who can do that?
:)

Telemachus
Member Avatar
Blue
Simplicity is what makes this place a treasure.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
WIthout this site there would be nowhere, I know of, on the internet to be able to talk to an enlightened man. The discussions are always on the ball but they do not get weighed down by people who think they know when they know NOTHING!

Believe me, I have searched the net for the last 15 years.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Not for nothing does Ardy bear the title 'Generous'. I gave him that title, because that is what he is.

I would like to clarify, though, that while it is both generous, and reasonably accurate, for him to refer to me as "an enlightened man", the truth is that nobody is 'enlightened', after the fact.

During the experience of enlightenment, I was enlightened, even though 'I' was not present.
Afterwards, I was - and remain - the result of that enlightenment.

The difference may be subtle, but there is a difference.

Thanks, Ardy :)
Edited by crow, Jan 16 2018, 03:52 PM.

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
Several times SorenL has mentioned the value of doing nothing.
The value of doing nothing with your mind.

And I only know of two people who can do that... *Laughs in Watts*

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Desire · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone