Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mistakes of the brain.
Topic Started: Jan 10 2018, 11:01 AM (16 Views)
Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
I make certain mistakes. Mistakes in my reasoning in particular. I miss certain things. I shall attempt to describe it below.

I find that I've gotten better and better with recognizing that I'm missing something over the years, and then after a duration I am usually able to solve the problem. It is just like another part of my brain fill in the answer that was incomplete before. It fills in what I couldn't solve with my reasoning alone. Maybe you've noticed the same thing?

One very important example of this is that I can be very critical. This can make me quite mean. But today it doesn't go as far, as often anymore, and whenever it happens I remain 'slyly aware' that I might have done something inappropriate. As the anger subsides another part of me realizes that even though I was right or mostly right, I was nevertheless wrong to act so aggressive. Maybe I realize that it didn't help, or that I have to let a few things slide for whatever reason. I likely feel uneasy to go with it. As a result I've mellowed quite a bit.

Another example is that despite having arrived at a perfectly logical answer to some question, I quickly begin to see that that answer is only half-right. It is missing something. And it is only after somehow letting myself arrive at a new answer that it becomes a complete answer.

There is a few other as well.

My brain, it would seem, has a preference. It thinks in particular ways. It has certain skills. But as I've aged I faster arrive to understand where I fall short as a result of my particular brain-wiring. Then I can compensate for it. Let in other parts of the brain to make me more all-round.

I don't know if you recognize anything like this within yourselves but to me it's a noteworthy observation.
Edited by Oscar, Jan 10 2018, 11:03 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Observations · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone