Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Waiting out the tension.
Topic Started: Feb 1 2018, 02:39 AM (62 Views)
Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
This is about fear in particular, but in getting down to write about it it would seem to be about any tension.

When I become fearful about something that I imagine, like a future event, I'm inclined to try and break through to act. But in becoming preoccupied with breaking through I lose my spirit as I fail to do so. Which is why I've become better with waiting it out. The more that you think about it, the more problems you create for yourself.

There would seem to be periods in life. Sometimes everything is going easy, other times everything is a struggle. It isn't easy getting anything done when in 'low tide'.

But none of that will last, so that you can get back on track and do what you have to do - whatever that is.

Waiting it out. Is this a good way to deal with fear? Not if you have to face an attacking enemy, of course, but if you're up against imagined enemies.

I was wondering how you deal with fear and dark periods.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crow
Member Avatar
One
All periods are dark periods, punctuated by slightly less dark ones, when fear is retained.
The issue, then, is how to eliminate fear.
Unfortunately, the only way to do this, in my experience, is to scare yourself so badly, that you pass right through to the other side of it.
Like deep meditation: you may die from it, but is a detail like that going to stop you?

If it is: good.
If it isn't: good.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
All fear is a construct of the mind. Some are terrified by a harmless spider, others are not scared facing someone threatening them with a gun.

If the mind is in its place, then fear is in its place as are all things.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
I'm feeling better now. I got tired of being afraid. It's a good thing that you hit a point when you've had it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Member Ship · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone