Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
High IQ?
Topic Started: Mar 7 2018, 12:55 PM (120 Views)
Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
Is someone with a high IQ smarter than someone with a lower IQ?

For instance, is having a high IQ a requirement for spirituality and would a master have the highest IQ?

My experience tells me that having a high IQ means that you're far more likely to turn to spirituality and to go deep into it. I don't think that a master would necessarily outperform everyone else at an IQ test, though. The test is designed by humans, for humans, and doesn't quite measure intuition. You could say that a truly intuitive person would fall outside of the normal parameters, he or she wouldn't behave as the scientists would expect them to.

So it's quite a requirement, but there could be a few exceptions... It also happens that people with quite ordinary jobs, like how Jesus was supposedly a carpenter, go deep into it.

I know that a couple of you, at least, spent some time at a 'genius' forum. So what have you observed about the correlation between IQ and spirituality, and between IQ and how smart/intuitive someone is.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crow
Member Avatar
One
How could you know? You'd only know how you are, and how you are is the result of what you've got, or haven't got.
Interesting question, though.
I'd imagine IQ would be a plus, as long as it could be disciplined to shun abstraction in favor of direct perception.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
I bet that a scientist could benchmark a brain in various ways, just like Tomshardware.com test computer CPU's. Brain's perform differently at various tasks but the most important thing is that they function right. Becoming intuitive makes them function right.

One spiritual human could be a talented artist, the other not so much, but either could be intuitive. An Intel Pentium II-brain will always be too slow for certain tasks, though...

Anyways, I figured that we needed to address intelligence somehow. IQ has become a popular measurement on the web recently.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
There is a saying in Zen "You have to tell the average person the truth 100 times, the only exception is if they are very intelligent, then you have to tell them 1000 times"

I think that many enlightened beings appear very smart due to the access to knowledge/wisdom that comes from it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Questions and Answers · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone