A-Coya - Valkyrie
Omega - Great Lord
Lastdesire - Assassin

Rule Set
Site Rules
Card Library
Ability Wave Library

Welcome!

Welcome to Star Force RP. Feel free to take a look around the forums, and introduce yourself in the cbox located at the bottom of the page, or create a topic in the Hello & Goodbye board. After looking through the rules and guides linked to the left and right of this message, you can post your profile for approval in our Approval Forum. Feel free to contact any of the active staff for assistance via PMs or the cbox if you need it.

Remember: RP is KEY!
Starter Links
Character Template
Weapons Guide
After Approval
Elemental Benefits

Stores
The Big Wave
Satella Armory
Back Alley
Ability Wave Shop
The Crimson Market

Advanced Topics
Panel Locations
Noise Forms
Indie Frags
Noise Frags

We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Do you think the custom gauge should be hidden?
Yes! Everyone Meta games with it too much! 0 (0%)
It sounds pretty interesting. I like what we have now, but this sounds like fun. 2 (50%)
I'm indifferent about the custom gauge. 1 (25%)
Hiding customs is not a good idea, but I would like to see something done differently with customs. 0 (0%)
Leave the customs open. Hiding them is a bad idea! 1 (25%)
Total Votes: 4
Hiding the Custom Gauge
Topic Started: Jul 27 2011, 01:42 PM (353 Views)
Omega
We've been discussing the possibility of hiding customs from everyone in a match. There are several different methods that we're looking at to figure out how to do this, but none of these are going to be worth following up if you guys don't want customs to be hidden from view. Everything that we've come up with is going to involve a little extra work from everyone, as well as staff, to make sure that hiding your cards isn't abused. We can figure out the details in making it fair, but we just need to know if anybody would be interested in this.
Member Avatar
There is ALWAYS a possibility

Posted Image

Rate my Moderation

Character Information
Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
Ryuu
Once more, indifference is what I've chosen. You/We have all done really well with the things that matter, and the Custom Gauge is one thing that sees little to no real issue in its current form.

Plenty of card-related issues were fixed up these past few weeks and months, and the Trap cards rule was more prevention than cure. Hiding all of the Customs would end up accumulating into a lot of work, and I don't think the staff or the rest of the forum need any more just yet.

If anything, I'd like to see the weapons guide out really soon, maybe the first week of next month. The characters we use are loads more important than the cards they use. Fixing and balancing them and how they are made should be put ahead of any major change to card rules.
Member Avatar
Yes, please!<3

/)(^3^)(\
Zenny: 31,131z|Noise Frags:0
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Advertisements
Your options
Characters and Items
A-Coya
Customs being hidden is how things SHOULD be...

But from my own experience, practices and nature, I prefer them not being hidden. I, personally, don't care if anyone sees my custom, but I LOVE the fact that I can see other people's customs.

I'd have to say I like the way things are now and would be upset if things were changed, but at the same time, I have to acknowledge that this is a great idea and is probably how things should be... I might not like (try hate) it, but I say hidden customs should be implemented...

Bleh...

Edit: I can't rightly pick an option in the poll since none of them fit my opinion (like the Aermican political system! HA HA! ...), so I will be abstaining from voting.
Edited by A-Coya, Jul 27 2011, 08:59 PM.
Member Avatar
Coffee keeps me sain, especiallly that 17th cup.

Cards
Spoiler: click to toggle

Ability Waves

Brother Info

Other

Profile Link and Others
Ryuu
Not to mention that there's always some flavor text that makes you wonder if that's really how you feel.

We should have a poll on polls.
Member Avatar
Yes, please!<3

/)(^3^)(\
Advertisements
Your options
Characters and Items
Good Ol' Random1
This wouldn't be placed at the top of the staff list, of course. The weapon guide is the most important matter at hand. This would probably happen some time after the weapon guide is released, should the member's like the idea.

I personally think it would add additional strategy/depth to battles. How much of a workload it would put on staff would depend how we go about it (if we do it). It would be a big change, though, so we can't do much unless everyone in general seems to like the idea.
Member Avatar
Undercover Cop & Shadowy Manipulator

Phil and Random
Vanessa and Kir-Nah
N00b and Dismembered- (<- Includes sig info)
Xio's LP: 200/330
Vanessa's Indie Slots: 4
N00b's LP: 100/100
Zenny: 6900z
Noise Frags: 0

Battle Cards

Wave Programs

Key Items

Brother Band Info

Transformations
Ryuu
I have nothing against it, then.
Member Avatar
Yes, please!<3

/)(^3^)(\
Advertisements
Your options
Characters and Items
Van of Team Dai-Gurren
I can't say I feel strongly one way or the other. On one side I do enjoy being able to see customs purely for the fun of it and to make battle posts and threads easier to to read through. But if hiding them will stop various problems, accusations and complaints however few they may be as far as meta gaming with customs then it's not a bad idea.

As far as implementing it that would seem rather simple. Just do the same thing with all cards that we do with traps now, label them as "???" in the post and PM them to a staff member. Once a card is activated it can be italicized/colored as usual and once it's used it can by stuck-through/color as usual.
Member Avatar
Doing the Impossible.

Because Spoiler-ception is the new Spoiler
Good Ol' Random1
As Omega said, different options are being considered, each with their own pros and cons.
Member Avatar
Undercover Cop & Shadowy Manipulator

Phil and Random
Vanessa and Kir-Nah
N00b and Dismembered- (<- Includes sig info)
Xio's LP: 200/330
Vanessa's Indie Slots: 4
N00b's LP: 100/100
Zenny: 6900z
Noise Frags: 0

Battle Cards

Wave Programs

Key Items

Brother Band Info

Transformations
Ryuu
What of Finalize? How would that work? A staff member does it for everyone else in a hidden thread and PMs the results?
Member Avatar
Yes, please!<3

/)(^3^)(\
Advertisements
Your options
Characters and Items
Omega
Stuff like Finalization would also be worked out once we decide if hiding customs is something that we should do or not. From the feedback, it looks like most of you guys would be on board for at least trying it, so we might give it a shot in the coming weeks.

Just to clarify, it might seem like these polls are random and that they're not things that we should be focusing on, but rest assured that these polls are only side projects to the bigger things we're trying to do. The Weapon Guide is still coming along (slowly), which we all know needs top priority. This stuff just takes time, because everyone on staff has a different opinion about every component for weapons, so we're doing a lot of discussion with little work to show for it. Weapons are complex, so we're trying to cover all of our bases while still making them fair and balanced. And please, don't forget that staff are members just like everyone else. We're not on a payroll to work here, its all volunteer work.
Edited by Omega, Jul 28 2011, 05:04 AM.
Member Avatar
There is ALWAYS a possibility

Posted Image

Rate my Moderation

Character Information
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Forum Polls · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Protodude's Rockman Corner Forte's Sprites 'n Comics Chrono X MegaMan Topsites :: Saintzero topsites ::