|1. You will remember always that this is a game.
If you are cranky, we love you, but please be cranky out of character, and do not transfer that crankiness to your character. We all get that way, but if you feel you will be posting in anger, or under the influence of any substance, please do not post. In short, do not vent on out of chracter issues in an in character setting.
2. Be respectful, courteous, and in defeat/victory be graceful.
No one likes a sore loser, and no one likes an arrogant winner. Practice common courtesy out of character, and talk respectfully even when you disagree with someone. You can disagree, by all means, but whatever the outcome please remember rule 1. Yelling gets nothing more than a whole bunch of people that have plugged their ears.
3. Be patient.
People have lives. Ok, so you may live in your grandmothers basement and have the ultimate PC known to man, but no one else does. You have a job! Great! So does everyone else, and sometimes they are not on your timezone or your schedule. People go on LOAs, people have accidents, people get sick, people wake up one day and would prefer to snorkel rather than post, that is their right and we will respect that no matter how silly we may 'think' their reason. Patience is a virtue.
4. You are not your character.
If someones character yells at your character, they did not yell at you. This is RP. Seriously. Grow up!
5. Likewise, if you feel like yelling at someone, do not do it through your character. This is Roleplay not Youplay. The character is a separate entity to you, different mind, different thought processes (hopefully). If you can't keep your OOC game rage or opinions out of the mouths or attitudes of your characters then don't post until you have got control of yourself.
6. Metaknowledge is a no no. This is a form of godmodding (see below). It is when your character knows things based on OOC information that you gathered, or thoughts etc within another characters post. Your character only knows what your character knows. A 'calculated guess' is not always a good plot idea to get your character into a more 'heroic moment'.
7. Absolutely no godmodding.
In whatever form it takes, gomodding sucks the fun out of Role Playing. When you post, allow room for the other character to react to what your character does. Do not write in so many actions that you have dictated how the other character has to react in order for the thread to make sense. We are role playing, not writing a novel. Always remember that your character is not the only one in the game, and it cannot do everything, all the time, and be the best.
8. This game has an R18 rating. That does not mean that this website accepts porn of any kind (written, images etc) but it does mean that there is freedom hear to write mature content. Playing here assumes you are mature enough to not go over board, and understand that life is not all sex and gore. We are character driven, not hormone driven.
9. This is a basic list of rules we have around here. If you don't like these then you will not like the ones I am going to ask you to look at now. Within the Forum, there is a Rules and Regulations category with a thread entitled 'Board Rules'. By registering you accept that you are going to be abiding by (and will be judged by) these rules. If you want to skip reading the rules to register, that is your choice, but you will still be judged by them and expected to abide by them. Your choice.