Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Warren Report: The new TOCV Trainer is here! Take a click! And make sure you check our IRC!
Welcome to Tactics Ogre Forums. You must be a fan.

And hey, look at that. You're viewing our forum as a guest? What's that about, huh? Guests may be welcome, but members are so much more welcome. I'll tell you what, if you join our community, I promise that you will be able to access member-only sections. But wait, that's not all! That's right, if you join today, we'll let you use many member-only features such as having a fancy custom profile, sending messages to your Tactics Ogre crush, and-- get this-- voting in polls! That's right, you get the right to vote.

Registration is easy. And it's obviously free. When is the last time you had to pay to join an internet forum? JOIN. AND REMEMBER, HERE YOU SHOW LOVE AND DEDICATION TO THE OGRE.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
San Bronsa Ruins - THE GUIDE; A guide for the new dungeon in the remake.
Topic Started: Jul 1 2015, 03:55 PM (1,726 Views)
Zero Dozer
Member Avatar
The one with courage to face the Palace of the Dead.
Well, just as the PotD guide, I'll be making one for San Bronsa.

THE GUIDE TO THE RUINS OF SAN BRONSA

This is an entirely new place for the Tactics Ogre Remake. And I'll be showing you the place as I explore it myself.

Basic questions for anyone who wants to know about this place

So... What is this place?
San Bronsa was once an inland area on the north part of the main island of Valeria. During the war between Dorgalua and Rodrick, Rodrick started using the Apocrypha (Forbidden Power) to lay waste to his enemies. DID YOU EVER THINK THAT THE BRIGANIA PLAINS WAS THE ONLY PLACE HE DESTROYED?
With a combination of Aeroflux and Quake, Rodrick just LAID AN ENTIRE PORTION OF VALERIA UNDER THE SEA... Except for the city. Now, 50 years later, its ruins remain afloat in the magic effect's Mark Zero, containing lots of secrets for people to find.

When can I access this place?
You can only access San Bronsa if you've finished the game and completed CODA 1 (Iuria's quest). You can then read about the ruins of San Bronsa in Warren Report, which will make the place accessible from the Reisan Way.

Any recommendation on levels?
On the 30s at least, unless you are a maniac like me and have some maxed out character like my Denam. I'll sure be doing this guide with a team at its high 40s.

Okay. Explain again about the location system you use for every map.
It's the same cartesian system used by the people at GameFAQs. In any doubt, the point (0, 0) is the lower-most, left-most tile in the area (the corner most to the left in normal camera). There is no mistake. About the height, the game can tell you that, no?

Big tips:
> The place is separated in two tiers, Tower of Law Eternal and Floating Ruins, totalling 28 floors. I think I can list both of them in a single post.
> You wasted your time searching for all Wind God Weapons in PotD? What a shame. The last one, the Zephyrus Spear, is here.
> Also, FOUR of the Twelve Heavenly Generals are on the Floating Ruins. It's a bad thing; these four floors containing them also have rare drops, which will force you into come here again with NO Heaven Forks in order to obtain those.
> All of the Level IV Grimoires, as well as Level II Draconian magic, is here. YES, THE GOD DAMNED GRIMOIRE MIASME IS HERE AS WELL.
> You can steal Orichalcum from Ethereal Visions if you're sick of farming it at PotD B55/61.
> Know the terrain and send people for taking advantage of it. Not every place allows you to send ten armed guys to smash a 14-sized platoon. Be aware of it. Flyers and warpers will have greater advantage when dealing with the irregular terrain (as well as the pits, and believe me, you are not in an enclosed area).
> Memorize the hidden treasures by floor, not by map. These ruins, unlike PotD, have no repeated maps. Keep that in mind. Also, keeping a high-Luck character with Treasure Hunt I/II around will do you some good. As well as someone who can burn grass with Firestorm.
> Like PotD, I'll be listing the hidden treasures here, with the best ones in underline. San Bronsa uses the sets (25, 27, 29) for the normal ones and (26, 28, 30) for the best ones (meaning they're the last and best ones in treasure hunting). Information can be searched on my Treasure Hunting Guide. Even at its rough state, you can understand what I'm saying there.

Credits where credits are due:
Col_Mobius on GameFAQs, for his loot spreadsheet. Check it here.
Clockworker, for letting me do this guide.
Edited by Zero Dozer, Aug 7 2015, 11:35 PM.
A Balder sword: 1500 goth.
A Fire sword: 1950 goth and a Lv.15 Red Dragon at Coritani.
Whack god and the world with Dragon Magic: No price.

012rCard. Pays everything, from your army's arsenal to your enemies' burial.
-------------------------
Ramza: *Sits in his chair and looks to the side* WHAT THE FUCK?
Denam: Hi.
Ramza: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?
Denam: Same as you. *Points at Canopus leading the platoon*
Ramza: OH FUCK, MY ADVANTAGE IS GONE!
Denam: Don't worry. I still got to fight hard guys. It's just that they are not some titanic beast like your foes.
Ramza: T_T Square-Enix fucked me over...
Balthier: Hi guys. Are you throwing up a party here? *Gets on the scene with some barbecue*
Canopus: *Appears and leave Sisteena leading* Sure we are. *Brings on a barbecue kit* Have you eaten Cockatrice meat before?
*Denam gets up and goes to help Canopus and Balthier with their meat party, while Ramza cries out of disappointment with challenges imposed by Square-Enix*
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zero Dozer
Member Avatar
The one with courage to face the Palace of the Dead.
The Guide

"Tower of Law Eternal"

"Floating Ruins"

In progress
Edited by Zero Dozer, Aug 19 2015, 10:37 PM.
A Balder sword: 1500 goth.
A Fire sword: 1950 goth and a Lv.15 Red Dragon at Coritani.
Whack god and the world with Dragon Magic: No price.

012rCard. Pays everything, from your army's arsenal to your enemies' burial.
-------------------------
Ramza: *Sits in his chair and looks to the side* WHAT THE FUCK?
Denam: Hi.
Ramza: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?
Denam: Same as you. *Points at Canopus leading the platoon*
Ramza: OH FUCK, MY ADVANTAGE IS GONE!
Denam: Don't worry. I still got to fight hard guys. It's just that they are not some titanic beast like your foes.
Ramza: T_T Square-Enix fucked me over...
Balthier: Hi guys. Are you throwing up a party here? *Gets on the scene with some barbecue*
Canopus: *Appears and leave Sisteena leading* Sure we are. *Brings on a barbecue kit* Have you eaten Cockatrice meat before?
*Denam gets up and goes to help Canopus and Balthier with their meat party, while Ramza cries out of disappointment with challenges imposed by Square-Enix*
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · LUCT - FAQs and guides · Next Topic »
Add Reply