Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Warren Report: The new TOCV Trainer is here! Take a click! And make sure you check our IRC!
Welcome to Tactics Ogre Forums. You must be a fan.

And hey, look at that. You're viewing our forum as a guest? What's that about, huh? Guests may be welcome, but members are so much more welcome. I'll tell you what, if you join our community, I promise that you will be able to access member-only sections. But wait, that's not all! That's right, if you join today, we'll let you use many member-only features such as having a fancy custom profile, sending messages to your Tactics Ogre crush, and-- get this-- voting in polls! That's right, you get the right to vote.

Registration is easy. And it's obviously free. When is the last time you had to pay to join an internet forum? JOIN. AND REMEMBER, HERE YOU SHOW LOVE AND DEDICATION TO THE OGRE.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
So, luct.tacticsogre.com is down.
Topic Started: Jul 2 2017, 03:52 PM (178 Views)
Kazms
Soldier
Looks like the parent page shut down too...

Now how am I supposed to find all my hidden rings, damn it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Oengus_Dodd
Soldier
Does anyone know how to contact the owner? I know it's been 6 years since he updated, but I'd like to show appreciation for his site and also ask what's happening.

Kazms
Soldier
He's done more recent updates. His main post was from 2011, but he had updated different sections as recently as 2014, I believe.

I have attempted to contact him in the past, using the e-mail he provided, but I never got a response. Trying to find him on Facebook using the e-mail, as he had suggested, also proved fruitless.

I'm afraid that we're just out of our greatest source of information for the time being.

Oengus_Dodd
Soldier
hopefully, it's only temporary. That website was a godsend.

Tetra
Member Avatar
Knight
Both tacticsogre.com and luct.tacticsogre.com are back up!

I'm the owner of tacticsogre.com and Landon's brother. We created the website in 2001 and hosted Chris' LUCT site a few years later when he posted about losing his Princeton account hosting.

The outage was completely my fault and I apologize. GoDaddy called me and asked if I wanted to upgrade to a new Linux server since the one the website ran off was so old. I agreed but they said I had to transfer all the files over. I forgot that part and 2 weeks later, the old server was shutdown. I called GoGaddy customer support and they were able to revert back to the old server after ~72 hours.

I have no intention of ever shutting the website down. The series was my favorite from my childhood and even if I don't play the games anymore, I like hosting a shrine to two of them.

A Novel Idea
Member Avatar
Don't think too hard, Denim. I will always be on your side.

Hah, good to hear! I literally checked the site on a whim a few minutes ago after seeing it was down and saw your post on the forums. Thanks for fixing it!
Posted Image

Oengus_Dodd
Soldier
Very good! Thank you, and also bless you for all you've done for the series. these website's are wonderful

Kazms
Soldier
Agreed! The amount of work put into those sites is impressive to say the least. This game series deserves more love than it's gotten.

Thanks for your work, and getting everything up and running again!

« Previous Topic · LUCT - General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply