Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Warren Report: The new TOCV Trainer is here! Take a click! And make sure you check our IRC!
Welcome to Tactics Ogre Forums. You must be a fan.

And hey, look at that. You're viewing our forum as a guest? What's that about, huh? Guests may be welcome, but members are so much more welcome. I'll tell you what, if you join our community, I promise that you will be able to access member-only sections. But wait, that's not all! That's right, if you join today, we'll let you use many member-only features such as having a fancy custom profile, sending messages to your Tactics Ogre crush, and-- get this-- voting in polls! That's right, you get the right to vote.

Registration is easy. And it's obviously free. When is the last time you had to pay to join an internet forum? JOIN. AND REMEMBER, HERE YOU SHOW LOVE AND DEDICATION TO THE OGRE.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I have contacted the creator of TOCV
Topic Started: Feb 6 2012, 12:37 PM (3,579 Views)
Clockworker
Member Avatar
Social Gomez Warrior

Me and "KT" have been exchanging emails since yesterday. Communication is a little bit difficult since he uses a translation tool, but so far we've been able to understand each other and cooperate.

First of all, I've praised his work with the hack in name of the members of TOF. And then I've raised a few questions about translation and modding:

Please note: Due to the language barrier it's possible that I've misunderstood a few things, so I'm not 100% on what I'm going to post.

1- Regarding the translation of TODC (the tool also known as TOCV_Tool):

He wasn't the one who created it so it's not possible for him to edit/translate it. We could only do that if we contacted the creator and already had the meaning for all features.

2- Regarding applying the translated .ips to TOCV and using the item/class names Humble Novice provided us with:

Some good news - apparently he took an interest when I sent him the .ips and the translations and said it was possible to translate TOCV manually with those. He will see how it goes in the following week and report back to me afterwards. He also asked if my PC could display/input double-byte characters (it can) then asked me to make corrections/testing/spellcheck to his work.

TL;DR we may be on to something translation-wise (H)
Edited by Clockworker, Feb 6 2012, 12:38 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dope
Member Avatar
Terror Knight
Great news. The creator of TO:KT writes in Chinese too right? Maybe I can help in understanding his text. But certainly not if it is in Japanese. I have a dictionary lol

Clockworker
Member Avatar
Social Gomez Warrior

I don't think so. That website you've gotten the TO_KT thing from is just like us - people who found out about it somehow. The TO_KT Expand hack is made by the same guy/group, and is japanese as well.

Unless whoever posted on that chinese website was "KT" himself.
Posted Image

Dope
Member Avatar
Terror Knight
Ah okay. Well at least you are communicating creator. Nice job Clockworker

Yide
Member Avatar
General of the Chariots and Cavalry
Sounds good, look forward to hearing some updates on this.
Zhang Fei (Yide)
張飛 (益德)

~In a challenge to Lü Bu, Zhang Fei said, “Stay, O twice bastard! I, Zhang Fei of Yan, await you!”

~While defending Liu Bei's retreat, Zhang Fei wards off Cao Cao's Force at Changban Bridge by shouting, "I am Zhang Fei of Yan! Have you a man who'll fight it out to the death?"

~Cao Cao, assessing Zhang Fei's challenge says this before pulling back his troops, "Once Lord Guan told me that Zhang Fei had taken the head of a chief general before the eyes of his own legions as easily as removing an object from a sack. Today we have crossed his path and must take care."

Traz
Soldier
Awesome, hope it works out. This could prove to be a very interesting year for (English) Tactics Ogre Hacks... Good luck and thanks for the effort.
"Everybody has to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."

Clockworker
Member Avatar
Social Gomez Warrior

Aww yiss, I was exchanging emails with him just as you posted in here. We have 98% of the items down, along with most of the spells/skills. 99.9% of the classes are done as well. He says he`ll be working on the warren report/help text and will send me results in a couple days!

EDIT: Btw, tell your friends about these hacks! Your family! Parrot! We can always use the activity!
Edited by Clockworker, Feb 10 2012, 01:01 AM.
Posted Image

Clockworker
Member Avatar
Social Gomez Warrior

There are skills in TOCV (similar to Fudo, Relic, etc) which are exclusive to the hack and KT has given me freedom to come up with names for them (bound by an either-character limitation) without paying heed to their japanese names.

This is what I came up with:

Paladin - Disgrace
Dragoon - Fury
Terror Knight - Decay
Black Knight - Cleave
Hell Knight - Corrupt
Cataphract - Charge
Sword Master - Rend
Samurai Master - Expunge
Solid Blade - Wrath
Shadow - Execute
Beast Master - Scourge
Canopus - Puncture
Mildain - Despair
Guildus - Distort
Holy Knight - Stasis
Freya - Ruin
Battle Queen - Oblivion
Angel Knight - Justice
Rune Knight - Disdain
Diana - Disable
Sniper - Mutilate
Dragon Master - Mangle
Enigma Hunter - Condemn
Lizard King - Plague
Demon - Malice
Denim - Mayhem
Vice - Chaos
Haborym - Torment
Lans - Contempt

I'm still waiting for his reply (which might take a few hours, it should be dawning there soon), let's see if he's ok with those (he's been accepting my suggestions so far and being generally amazing, the guy deserves a medal :-) )
Edited by Clockworker, Feb 10 2012, 03:05 PM.
Posted Image

A Novel Idea
Member Avatar
Don't think too hard, Denim. I will always be on your side.

Canopus - Puncture
Mildain - Despair
Guildus - Distort

ohhhhhh shiiiitttttt
Posted Image

Ricojeh
Member Avatar
Death Knight
This is a solid job Clockworker. Wonderful use of verbs!
[RPGData:205|1|30|30|5|5|11|10|Spear|Scale Mail|Dragoon|0|None|None|0|0|0|0|None|1|None|None|None|None|None|None|None|None|None|None]

Clockworker
Member Avatar
Social Gomez Warrior

Thanks dudes. heh yeah those skill names give the holy knights a slightly darker shade ;)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodIsNotNice

Nevermind. This is even better:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodIsNotSoft
Edited by Clockworker, Feb 10 2012, 03:19 PM.
Posted Image

Nagash
Member Avatar
Knight
Clock you are awesome! Cant wait to see it! Great names for the skills too btw. :)

Also, When the hack does come out we should make a sticky or downloadable readme file that tells whats new and or different in the game. Also possibly a walkthrough? i dunno just throwin some ideas out there.
Edited by Nagash, Feb 11 2012, 01:15 AM.

Clockworker
Member Avatar
Social Gomez Warrior

Yeah I plan to ask him to create a changelog for it. Maybe he already has one and I just don't understand enough japanese to even find the file.

In other news:

KT instructed me into getting BNE2 to work, so now I have a massive control over the contents of TOCV. Problem is, the thing is 99% japanese. I can pick out the class table and the item table, with some attributes I'm able to change. But that's like 5% of the available data.

However, if I wanted to, say, make terror knight L with warlock defense/growth or change the mini attack to 99, I could. :-D
Posted Image

A Novel Idea
Member Avatar
Don't think too hard, Denim. I will always be on your side.

one recommendation: someone should throw together pics and stuff when the translation's done and we'll all spam the patch (not the combination rom + patch, that's usually a moddable offense) on other forums. i call gamefaqs!
Posted Image

Clockworker
Member Avatar
Social Gomez Warrior

Of course. It will take a while to get it done however.
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · LUCT - Hacks · Next Topic »
Add Reply