Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Warren Report: The new TOCV Trainer is here! Take a click! And make sure you check our IRC!
Welcome to Tactics Ogre Forums. You must be a fan.

And hey, look at that. You're viewing our forum as a guest? What's that about, huh? Guests may be welcome, but members are so much more welcome. I'll tell you what, if you join our community, I promise that you will be able to access member-only sections. But wait, that's not all! That's right, if you join today, we'll let you use many member-only features such as having a fancy custom profile, sending messages to your Tactics Ogre crush, and-- get this-- voting in polls! That's right, you get the right to vote.

Registration is easy. And it's obviously free. When is the last time you had to pay to join an internet forum? JOIN. AND REMEMBER, HERE YOU SHOW LOVE AND DEDICATION TO THE OGRE.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Where's Ogre Battle: Legend of the Zenobia Prince thread?
Topic Started: Jan 21 2013, 10:23 PM (2,014 Views)
silentkiller

Edited by silentkiller, Feb 27 2013, 05:27 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dud Goose
Member Avatar

Recognized Member
That's a rather obscure platform for an even more obscure game. This is the first time it has been mentioned on this Ogre series fanboard, and I'm a longtime fan of the series, and I wasn't even aware of it. If there's no demand for discussion on it, I don't foresee that happening.

There is no file storage option on these boards. This is a free zetaboards forum with ads, not megaupload.

Quote:

4)Can I post multiple posts just like I did in gamehacking.org for codes/trainer/savegame editors?

What is this--the third, fourth time you've asked this question? Clockworker asked you to put all your non-Ogre trainers in a single thread for ease of access. My money is on him saying to put them a in single thread for ease of access. Now you're appealing for more advertising rights when we reached a consensus that the self-promotion was getting out of hand.

If you want to get props for hacking here, do it for the love and dedication to the Ogre, not the non-existent reputation you'll get for a random assortment of retro games that nobody will use. You will get more recognition for coming up with practical and interesting codes for Ogre games that people haven't found / theorized about yet. Honestly, in a sense you jumped in the pool after the party was over. With what we know in the respective codes sections, and with trainers posted for every game except LUCT psp, you can manipulate every relevant variable in the game, and a truckload of rather insigificant ones, in case you feel that azure necklace seriously warranted +13% ice resistance, and what were they thinking.

If you want a good challenge, I suggest this: find a way to hack a Tactics Ogre game in such a way that the player can change his faction (and thus color palette) for individual characters without a splash on enemy palettes. That would make a lot of people very happy.

Edited by Dud Goose, Jan 21 2013, 11:56 PM.
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

silentkiller

Edited by silentkiller, Feb 27 2013, 05:26 AM.

Temperance
Member Avatar
Steampunk Tinker Extraordinaire
silentkiller
Jan 21 2013, 10:23 PM
1)Where's Ogre Battle: Legend of the Zenobia Prince (Neo Geo Pocket) thread ?
I was aware of this game, but only because I love the lore of the Ogre Saga. It's like Dud Goose says though, no one either knows of this game, or chooses to discuss it. I'm fairly sure we've mentioned this game before though... a long time back. Maybe when I was helping Ghoulzy with his Tactics Ogre story continuation thread that took place in Zenobia. Then again, it might have been mentioned through other non-thread means.

I am kind of interested in the direction of your questions though. Why do you ask?
Reputation's on the rise, everyone's feeling fine!

Clockworker
Member Avatar
Social Gomez Warrior

Temperance
Feb 6 2013, 10:14 PM
silentkiller
Jan 21 2013, 10:23 PM
1)Where's Ogre Battle: Legend of the Zenobia Prince (Neo Geo Pocket) thread ?
I was aware of this game, but only because I love the lore of the Ogre Saga. It's like Dud Goose says though, no one either knows of this game, or chooses to discuss it. I'm fairly sure we've mentioned this game before though... a long time back. Maybe when I was helping Ghoulzy with his Tactics Ogre story continuation thread that took place in Zenobia. Then again, it might have been mentioned through other non-thread means.

I am kind of interested in the direction of your questions though. Why do you ask?
He's gone.

Temperance
Member Avatar
Steampunk Tinker Extraordinaire
Clockworker
Feb 7 2013, 09:03 AM
He's gone.
Ah, you know me. I don't frequent the hacking threads, but I just now saw his "goodbye thread". I can't disagree with what Dud Goose said. I hope he goes back to gamehaking. He sure loved to talk about it.
Reputation's on the rise, everyone's feeling fine!

Rossendale
Member Avatar
Han Shot First!
Temperance
Feb 7 2013, 02:22 PM
Ah, you know me. I don't frequent the hacking threads, but I just now saw his "goodbye thread". I can't disagree with what Dud Goose said. I hope he goes back to gamehaking. He sure loved to talk about it.
I agree with Tempie (I hope you don't mind me calling you that. In my crazy little world Tempie looks x100 better than Tempy). I hope he comes back to gamehacking because he sure loved it and seemed an energetic lad. I think the problem was that he had a very small audience here, and a limited option of games to hack that would give him some recognition. You could see it in the fact that the adventising was getting out of hand, and he kept applealing for more advertising rights. Still, I hope he finds another gamehacking forum to contribute his work there.
Posted Image

silentkiller

Do You know why I asked this question above because wyndcrosser is doing a translation for Densetsu no Orge Battle - Neo Geo Pocket Color.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,15875.msg234982.html#msg234982
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1799/

I thought that I can help him on the progress of the translation of the game. But now, because of you all treated me like that. :angry:

I quit this forum. :angry:

It doesn't pay to be kind. :angry:
Edited by silentkiller, Mar 11 2013, 08:28 PM.

Clockworker
Member Avatar
Social Gomez Warrior

Done. Goodbye.

silentkiller

Clockworker, can you also delete my threads?
http://w11.zetaboards.com/Tactics_Ogre_Forums/topic/928481/1/
http://w11.zetaboards.com/Tactics_Ogre_Forums/topic/8031503/1/
Edited by silentkiller, Mar 11 2013, 10:44 PM.

Clockworker
Member Avatar
Social Gomez Warrior

I can delete your threads, but I'm not taking down my own trainer. It was built from scratch.

Wyndcrosser
Soldier
Is anyone interested in this translation? I'm still working on it.

Clockworker
Member Avatar
Social Gomez Warrior

I'm sure there are people who would be grateful for that - I'd certainly give it a shot!

olala
Member Avatar
Soldier
hows your helpin translation of ogre battle goin on?, tha game should be almost done eh?
thancou
dood:)
uh wey dood :smile:
dood:)
Edited by olala, Mar 24 2014, 07:55 AM.
easy speak please:)
:) dood :)

« Previous Topic · Help? · Next Topic »
Add Reply