Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Warren Report: The new TOCV Trainer is here! Take a click! And make sure you check our IRC!
Welcome to Tactics Ogre Forums. You must be a fan.

And hey, look at that. You're viewing our forum as a guest? What's that about, huh? Guests may be welcome, but members are so much more welcome. I'll tell you what, if you join our community, I promise that you will be able to access member-only sections. But wait, that's not all! That's right, if you join today, we'll let you use many member-only features such as having a fancy custom profile, sending messages to your Tactics Ogre crush, and-- get this-- voting in polls! That's right, you get the right to vote.

Registration is easy. And it's obviously free. When is the last time you had to pay to join an internet forum? JOIN. AND REMEMBER, HERE YOU SHOW LOVE AND DEDICATION TO THE OGRE.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mentality Turns 0
Topic Started: Dec 14 2010, 05:29 PM (1,490 Views)
Fin Samar
Soldier
I'm playing Tactics Ogre through again on the SNES and passing through the Hell Gate, I notice one of my terror knights, Aloser and Radlum all had their MEN turned to 0 on the Edit screen. This is not just a display issue because the Terror Knight actually cannot turn back into a Beast Tamer because he does not fulfill the MEN requirement and Aloser cannot turn into a witch.

WTF just happened?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ghoulz
Member Avatar
Oblivious Queen of Ignorance
Recognized Member
Now that's what I call a glitch :cookie:

I never played the SNES version so I would have no idea why. Are you using any cheats?

:leonard: :leonard: :leonard:
:leonard: :cry:
:leonard: :leonard: :leonard:

Mifune
Member Avatar
Cute Ninja
I remember using Gshark on PS's version to turn Denim's luck to 255. Then I saw a luk card, and let denim took it. It was luck+ 1. Guess what happened? Denim's luck became 1 :S

I'm a negative force. Don't come near me.

SnowDream
Member Avatar
Sprouting Randomness All Over The Internet In Between Classes
May be it was interger overflow like Mifune examplified. I know the same thing happens in Pokemon Blue and became the rationale behind some wild pokemon evolutions and pokemon levels (lv 255 pokemons).

Clockworker
Member Avatar
Social Gomez Warrior

Hehe, here. You'll understand why many games have values which range from 0 to 255 (or 1 to 256)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte

Once it's past 255 it will just loop back.

Fin Samar
Soldier
Well, it's a rather selective byte overflow, I have to say. I don't even think any of them had an MEN that was over 200, other than Radlum, whose stats did not go up in any way since I recruited him. On second thought, though, I do remember both my Terror Knight and Aloser picking up MEN cards...

I didn't have any cheats, but I was using savestates to get through Hell Gate.

Well, this just makes me sad now. :barbatos:

Canopus
Member Avatar
I Love My Sister Iuria :)
Mifune
Dec 15 2010, 02:18 AM
I remember using Gshark on PS's version to turn Denim's luck to 255. Then I saw a luk card, and let denim took it. It was luck+ 1. Guess what happened? Denim's luck became 1 :S

About LUK, LUK more than 100 = 0 ..
Max. LUK = 100
Try making LUK = 100 And see the difference.

:canopus: :canopus:

SnowDream
Member Avatar
Sprouting Randomness All Over The Internet In Between Classes
Can't it be hacked to 255 though? The byte technically can take 255 although the game engine limit LUCK increase to cap at 100.

Yide
Member Avatar
General of the Chariots and Cavalry
Nope, this is why I made it so you can choose how much luck you want in my PEC update. The code twink site just put every stat at 255, which isn't good for LUC. I was not aware that regular stats couldn't go above 255. I never tested it out myself but if one can meet that in the game with out the means of cheating then they would have raised the cap, as that would break the game if Denims Vit went over 255, and became 1.

It is possible that it was a problem for the snes version, and they fixed it in the PSX version, because I have never heard of this problem. Luc is the only stat that makes sense to be caped at 100 or 99, since it doesn't raise as you gain lvl's unless you have the proper equipment from hells gate.
Zhang Fei (Yide)
張飛 (益德)

~In a challenge to Lü Bu, Zhang Fei said, “Stay, O twice bastard! I, Zhang Fei of Yan, await you!”

~While defending Liu Bei's retreat, Zhang Fei wards off Cao Cao's Force at Changban Bridge by shouting, "I am Zhang Fei of Yan! Have you a man who'll fight it out to the death?"

~Cao Cao, assessing Zhang Fei's challenge says this before pulling back his troops, "Once Lord Guan told me that Zhang Fei had taken the head of a chief general before the eyes of his own legions as easily as removing an object from a sack. Today we have crossed his path and must take care."

Mifune
Member Avatar
Cute Ninja
hmm~ seems like no one has had any problem with the game for a very long time. With this thing arise...people just love it. Hahahaha!
I'm a negative force. Don't come near me.

Dope
Member Avatar
Terror Knight
I've been playing TO with SNES emulation for the longest time but never had that problem. Maybe it's the translation patch if you're using that.

Ciro
Soldier
@Fin Samar
Well, the Curse of Hell Gate persist seven years later (SNES version, english patch played on SNES classic).
Four characters -a Terror Knight, Sara (Cleric), Rendall and Voltel (Sword Master)- had suffered the effect "Mentality 0" during my second run on the Hell Gate. It was just after my first encounter with Sir Roderick (he give me Fire Warm). Like Fin Samar said, is not a display issue; the consequences in-game are terrible (+200 damage after a fireburn).

« Previous Topic · LUCT - General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply