Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Jin Kisaragi General Topic; For the hero sealed in the madness
Topic Started: Dec 23 2011, 04:09 AM (714 Views)
NovaFortuna
Please let me know if I mess it up
Thought as well start a topic for this character. Talk about his gameplay, story, character itself, whatever.

Personally my favorite character, not for his looks or his powers and much less for his obsession with Ragna. Rather for he is a character that has shown actual growth in the games and now has revealed something deep inside the cold shell he is and beyond the insanity he exposes when fighting his brother.

Jin is showing evolution, he is becoming true hero, not like his fake title. He is not turning into Hakumen, he is following his own path to be himself.

The only thing I regret is that he is horribly insignificant to the story overall. Hopefully the third part of the story will actually give him a role that can make us his fans happy.
Instead of complaining about things you don't like why don't you just go to enjoy the things you do like?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ChrisX
An insensitive jerk
Hm, interesting to note. I think that is also why I put that tidbits in my app form for Jin in the RP. Hazama is indeed taking away his things, in way more that Saya could ever hope. He's stealing Jin's spot as Ragna's rival. Of course I want Jin to be the proper rival of Ragna once more.

His evolution is pretty nice as well.

But excuse me when I say that one of my main draws for him in the first place was his ice powers (but that eventually expands)
Considering I'm not in the main RP, and everyone refers me with my old name anyway, may as well.

Velvien
Member Avatar

I don't think he's going to stay horribly insignificant to the story, what with the power of order and all. But yeah, he is developing nicely overall.

NovaFortuna
Jin_K
Dec 23 2011, 04:15 AM
Hm, interesting to note. I think that is also why I put that tidbits in my app form for Jin in the RP. Hazama is indeed taking away his things, in way more that Saya could ever hope. He's stealing Jin's spot as Ragna's rival. Of course I want Jin to be the proper rival of Ragna once more.

His evolution is pretty nice as well.

But excuse me when I say that one of my main draws for him in the first place was his ice powers (but that eventually expands)
It's okay dude/girl, one is free to pick his characters for whatever they like.

It's pretty clear Yuuki already overtook the rival place. And actually has the strength to fight Ragna.

I was pretty pissed when I played CT trigger (this was after I had gone through CS) and found out that Ragna whooped Jin's rear without sweating. I was convinced he and Jin were pretty even in their normal states, then Ragna decided to finish Jin quickly and using the Blazblue he could curbstomp Jin.

Man I hope the Power of Order gives Jin an edge and he can give back the beatdown to Ragna at least once, let Ragna have the final victory, but please let Jin win at least once. If he is not in psycho kiddy mode, the better. But I guess the best we can hope is that Jin finds his true porpuse in the story (saving his girl is a good start) and stops chasing his bro.

And as Velvien says Jin is developing, but we have to take in count that his whole story is chase down Ragna. Everyone struggles against Yuuki or Relius, while Jin is just stalking. Maybe now after his heroic moment at the end of his story he will go against the bad guys too and the Power of Order along with Jubei's training will allow him to face the big leaguers in equal ground.

I have my hopes on that, after all just a small showing of it forced Yuuki to retreat without second thoughts. The very same guy that always insults and belittles everyone just accepted defeat and fled.
Instead of complaining about things you don't like why don't you just go to enjoy the things you do like?

Hazama
Member Avatar
Takoto | Kazuma
Been maining Jin since CT, not sure if I like his Extend changes ;<
DeviantArt | Twitter | Tumblr | Artblog
Can only play Hazama, Kazuma and Jin because I'm terrible \ o/

NovaFortuna
Hazama
Dec 23 2011, 01:12 PM
Been maining Jin since CT, not sure if I like his Extend changes ;<
He got hit hard, that's for sure. Still, that can be patched I guess. But now is when skill of the player takes over.

I only hope in BB3 he gets a decent role, unlike so far.

Molleh
Member Avatar
*fangirls across the universe*
Too often, I see people portraying Jin as a complete asshole with an absurd lust for his brother and no redeeming qualities. It seems that's the way a lot of people see him, and it just pisses me off.

He's not my favorite character by any means, but one has to realize that the way he acts toward Ragna isn't "him". It's plainly obvious that outside influence is exaggerating his emotions (Yukianesa and Terumi), and his behavior towards others seems to me more like aloofness than actually hating them. The only exception I can see to this is Noel, since he does appear to utterly hate her even without Yukianesa's influence (Continuum Shift true ending, he's still cursing her out even after he "forgave" Ragna).

The fact that he's turning into proto-Hakumen really sets me at ease - it means that in the next game, he'll probably show enough of his true self that people will change their image of him.

Oh yeah, and I love ice powers.
what

NovaFortuna
gyppygirl2021
Jan 4 2012, 12:25 PM
Too often, I see people portraying Jin as a complete asshole with an absurd lust for his brother and no redeeming qualities. It seems that's the way a lot of people see him, and it just pisses me off.

He's not my favorite character by any means, but one has to realize that the way he acts toward Ragna isn't "him". It's plainly obvious that outside influence is exaggerating his emotions (Yukianesa and Terumi), and his behavior towards others seems to me more like aloofness than actually hating them. The only exception I can see to this is Noel, since he does appear to utterly hate her even without Yukianesa's influence (Continuum Shift true ending, he's still cursing her out even after he "forgave" Ragna).

The fact that he's turning into proto-Hakumen really sets me at ease - it means that in the next game, he'll probably show enough of his true self that people will change their image of him.

Oh yeah, and I love ice powers.
I'd hug you really, good to know there are people who can see Jin's growth and not just Asshole-Man or Niisaaan!!

To be honest it is not just Yuuki and Yukianesa what make Jin an emotional wreck, the power of Order also counts. From what it has been slipped it makes Jin feel an animalistic desire to destroy forces that threaten balance, making him want to destroy things as the Murakumo and the Black Beast. Add Yuuki's eating his memories and messing his past and a crappy life and we have this.

Crappy life emotions * Yukianesa's amplification + Power of Order influence * Yukianesa's amplification + Yuuki Terumi's mind screw = Jin Kisaragi

We also haven't seen his life from his point of view. Most of his story in CT revolves in getting to Ragna and CS in his growth, but we barely see his academy days from his point of view, what he really did in his childhood, how he really did in the Duodecim and with Tsubaki. We see Ragna's point of view of his childhood where he is the villiain and Saya is the damsel, we see everybody's life in the academy and how they felt like Noel trying to stick for the Vermillion, Makoto struggling with discriminatio, but never what Jin felt directly.

Guess the next game will tell: I always had the impression of one thing though, Jin must have a lot of self depreciation. Just a hunch really, but being an ass and antisocial is the most common self defense for those with low self steem or feel fear of getting hurt. Would not be that weird if he felt like that during his childhood when Ragna looked over Saya (they were kids after all) and all the accusations at the academy and his family. He was the president of the student council and all, but that could be his attempt to feel useful, feel he can do something right also why he may have been there was for Terumi to ensure he was a standout person and use him.

But that's just me.

Molleh
Member Avatar
*fangirls across the universe*
NovaFortuna
Jan 6 2012, 02:22 AM
I'd hug you really, good to know there are people who can see Jin's growth and not just Asshole-Man or Niisaaan!!

To be honest it is not just Yuuki and Yukianesa what make Jin an emotional wreck, the power of Order also counts. From what it has been slipped it makes Jin feel an animalistic desire to destroy forces that threaten balance, making him want to destroy things as the Murakumo and the Black Beast. Add Yuuki's eating his memories and messing his past and a crappy life and we have this.

Crappy life emotions * Yukianesa's amplification + Power of Order influence * Yukianesa's amplification + Yuuki Terumi's mind screw = Jin Kisaragi

We also haven't seen his life from his point of view. Most of his story in CT revolves in getting to Ragna and CS in his growth, but we barely see his academy days from his point of view, what he really did in his childhood, how he really did in the Duodecim and with Tsubaki. We see Ragna's point of view of his childhood where he is the villiain and Saya is the damsel, we see everybody's life in the academy and how they felt like Noel trying to stick for the Vermillion, Makoto struggling with discriminatio, but never what Jin felt directly.

Guess the next game will tell: I always had the impression of one thing though, Jin must have a lot of self depreciation. Just a hunch really, but being an ass and antisocial is the most common self defense for those with low self steem or feel fear of getting hurt. Would not be that weird if he felt like that during his childhood when Ragna looked over Saya (they were kids after all) and all the accusations at the academy and his family. He was the president of the student council and all, but that could be his attempt to feel useful, feel he can do something right also why he may have been there was for Terumi to ensure he was a standout person and use him.

But that's just me.
You're welcome :P

Yeah, power of order is another factor. I totally forgot about that, thanks for the reminder. XD

They really haven't given Jin enough focus for us to tell a lot about him... hopefully that'll change at some point in the near future. And I wouldn't know about the whole self-esteem thing, because I usually just make self-deprecating jokes... but meh, it could be the case. xP
what

NovaFortuna
It's not uncommon to pull yourself down for laughs or not really meaning it. But there is a lot of difference between the genuine feeling you are worthless. In those cases you're not humble, you're not joking, you completely feel you are the worst scum to exist.

Believe me, it happens, and is a lot worse than portrayed in fiction or in the emo tendency.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · BlazBlue Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

ZB BoHeGeHa by OverTheBelow
based on the IPB skin by Tom B