Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Shipping thread; Otherwise known as I AM A LAMER
Topic Started: Jan 4 2012, 07:52 PM (6,258 Views)
Molleh
Member Avatar
*fangirls across the universe*
Anyone who knows me will also know that I am big into shipping. And BlazBlue is no exception.

Before I go into the nitty-gritty, I think I should mention that long before I got into BlazBlue, I stumbled upon its article on TVTropes while looking up stuff on Guilty Gear. I looked through the character profiles, and thought to myself, "hmm... if I ever get into this game, I'll probably ship Ragna/Noel." Lo and behold... and all that shit. Yeah.

Anyway. On to the why and how of my shipping. People who've seen my fanfiction.net profile probably already know WHAT I support, but explanations are necessary for any good shipping discussion!

--

Ragna/Noel: Believe it or not, I wasn't so warm to this one at first. The incest connotations just about put me off of it, despite how much it reminded me of Haseo/Atoli (.hack//G.U.). It wasn't very long before I just ignored the fact that Noel is a clone of Ragna's sister and focused on the adorable. The way they act in Continuum Shift's story mode gave me the feel of "not just a big brother being protective of his little sister".

Ragna/Nu: This one should be pretty obvious. Nu is one of my favorite BB characters, and she has a canonical possibly-romantic fixation on Ragna. If done right (without the yandere tendencies that Nu often displays), it's very cute.

Nu/Noel: I actually don't have any viable canon-based reason for this one. It happened to pop up in a fic by chance and I quickly turned into a genuine fan of it.

Hakumen/Tsubaki: The scene in Hakumen's CS story mode pretty much sold this one for me. I understand why he behaved like that toward her, but seeing him act like a human was a nice contrast compared to how he normally behaves. Plus, she's a Six Heroes fangirl, so it's technically mutual even without *that* aspect :P

Jin/Tsubaki: Because it's already pretty much canon. And really sweet, too.

Carl/Makoto: There's a certain CG in one of the games (I actually forgot which one) where Makoto's glomping the stuffing out of Carl and fawning over how adorable he is. Yep, that's pretty much why I ship it.

Tager/Kokonoe: I'm well aware he's at least five times her size, but come on, he's the only person she's actually sensitive around. And that whole undying loyalty thing on Tager's part has a lot to do with it too...

--

And now for the pairings I dislike...

Ragna/Rachel: I don't like the way Rachel treats Ragna. Besides, he clearly dislikes her (at least for most of the story). Another factor? Ragna is my absolute favorite BB character. Rachel is my absolute least favorite. Yeah, I think you can see where this is going.

Ragna/Jin: ...do I HAVE to explain this one? Jin's psychotic lust toward Ragna is caused by external influences. Ragna's still pissed at Jin for what happened when they were kids. Plus, they're brothers. And the only incest I'll support in BB is anything involving the Murakumo units *cough*

Jin/Noel: I don't hatehatehatehatehate this pairing. I just think that it has to be REALLY well-written in order to be good. Or there has to be a good excuse for it... because face it, it'll never happen in canon.

Noel/Makoto: I see them as just friends. I really can't see them as anything more. Makoto's intense loyalty to Noel can be misinterpreted, but I really think it's just that - intense loyalty. And bear in mind that Noel is fond of cute things in general... I'd say Makoto's tail is pretty cute.

Arakune/Litchi: Yeeaah, um. I could just say "give up on him already", but that'd probably draw the ire of... someone. God knows who, but there's definitely SOMEONE out there who it'll draw the ire of!

--

Anyway, that about wraps it up. I could go into more detail, but I'm sick, tired, have a headache, and bleh.
what
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

3To3dSl0th
Member Avatar
Chess of Clovers
I had a feeling this topic would be made sooner or later. Anyway, I might as well offer my view on things, and I'll try not to make it too... biased/unbalanced for lack of a better word. Anyone who knows me will probably know what I'm talking about lol.

Pairings I like:

*Bang x Litchi: It's cute, and I can imagine them adopting Tao, Carl, and/or Platinum if need be. They're some of the nicest characters in BB, and after Bang learns his Phoenix Nox, I think Litchi will start to like him. :)

*Jin x Tsubaki: Sorry Velvien. I like Ragna/Tsubaki too, but as far as canon goes, I think this works better. I can't imagine Jin with anyone aside from her or Ragna, and I don't usually support yaoi anyway, so...yeah. I have a feeling it might end in tragedy, though. Of course, they might just have to earn their happy ending, so it's hard to say.

*Ragna x (Non-Yandere) Nu: Nu's love for Ragna's obvious. Seeing her get a good ending would be nice. :) That, and they have matching hair colors. I know it's borderline incest, but it's anime, so who cares?

*Tager x Kokonoe: Size differences aside, I don't see why not. They talk like an old married couple already lol.

*Carl x Platinum/Rachel: Token shota x Token lolis. It seems only fair. In a way, Carl seems like the in-between for them. To me, Rachel appeals more to his gentlemanly and mature side, classical interests and all. While it doesn't get as much attention as Ragna/Rachel, I do get the impression that Carl and Rachel have some chemistry of their own, especially in CT.

As for Platinum, it's for the exact opposite reason: She's more of Carl's energetic, child-like side, which he doesn't show often in the current story. IMO, Trinity looks like she'd be a mother figure to Carl, and I can see her working together with Bang to make this pairing happen. Carl's moveset has a sound/music motif, while Platinum's bell is a sound-based Nox. Also, I have this mental image of Carl and Plat fighting Relius together as a Sailor Moon/Tuxedo Mask-esque team, and playing video games soon afterward.

*Carl x Makoto: For much the same reasons as Gyppy mentioned. Their flashback Academy days were great, and it's nice to see Carl have a fangirl. I mean, how often do you hear "Sexy Squirrel girl fawns over adorable puppetboy"?

*Carl x Ada: The love they show each other is obvious. I know that me shipping this would be incest, but IMO, it's wincest of the highest order.

*Relius x Ignis/Hazama: The former is canon. Obviously, Carl and Ada wouldn't be alive if it weren't for them. However, since Relius is a dick, he turned his wife into a robot and decided to make "progress" with Hazama. Takoto and a few others will know what I'm talking about lol. As I said, I'm not really a fan of yaoi. However, I can't imagine either Relius or Hazama pairing up with anyone else canonically.
Edited by 3To3dSl0th, Jan 4 2012, 09:20 PM.

Molleh
Member Avatar
3To3dSl0th
Jan 4 2012, 08:30 PM
*Jin x Tsubaki: Sorry Velvien. I like Ragna/Tsubaki too, but as far as canon goes, I think this works better. I can't imagine Jin with anyone aside from her or Ragna, and I don't usually support yaoi anyway, so...yeah. I have a feeling it might end in tragedy, though. Of course, they might just have to earn their happy ending, so it's hard to say.
I feel similarly about Ragna/Tsubaki as I do Jin/Noel. The way Velvien writes it, it works, so I can support it in his fics. XD
what

Bonesy
Member Avatar
Teenage Mutant Ninja Kaka
tao x spaghetti
"in the latest air bud sequel air bud finally reunites with earth bud, fire bud, and water bud to defeat dark bud"

3To3dSl0th
Member Avatar
Chess of Clovers
gyppygirl2021
Jan 4 2012, 08:37 PM
3To3dSl0th
Jan 4 2012, 08:30 PM
I feel similarly about Ragna/Tsubaki as I do Jin/Noel. The way Velvien writes it, it works, so I can support it in his fics. XD
I'll agree with you on that Gyppy. I was just specifying that I only felt that way about the canon story.
Edited by 3To3dSl0th, Jan 4 2012, 08:53 PM.

Velvien
Member Avatar

Alright, ships that I support enough to write an entire fic about
Spoiler: click to toggle

Ragna x Tsubaki: Obviously. And yes, I realize this has a snowball's chance in hell of actually happening (and, really, I won't mind if/when JinxTsubaki inevitably happens). I like this pairing mainly due to the stark contrast between Ragna and Tsubaki; it makes the pairing incredibly fun to write, and I find that they complement each other fairly well due to it. They also happen to be me favorite characters, so...yeah.

Ragna x Nu: Eh. Don't think I need to explain this one lol.

Tao x meatbun

And now, ships I doubt I'll read.

Yaoi anything, particularly Ragna x Jin: Don't care for it.

Hazama x Tsubaki: No. Just no. One of the main things I want from the storyline is for Tsubaki to be redeemed; this would completely destroy that.

Pretty much every other ship I'm fine with.

Molleh
Member Avatar
3To3dSl0th
Jan 4 2012, 08:53 PM
I'll agree with you on that Gyppy. I was just specifying that I only felt that way about the canon story.
Yeah, I think it's pretty hard to support it in canon. XD
what

ChrisX
An insensitive jerk
gyppygirl2021
Jan 4 2012, 07:52 PM
Arakune/Litchi: Yeeaah, um. I could just say "give up on him already", but that'd probably draw the ire of... someone. God knows who, but there's definitely SOMEONE out there who it'll draw the ire of!
Who, me? I'm sorry, Gyppy, I dislike that pairing already. That pairing caused her fall from grace and granted her ridicule. There's no way I'm going to like it.
Considering I'm not in the main RP, and everyone refers me with my old name anyway, may as well.

Molleh
Member Avatar
Jin_K
Jan 4 2012, 11:04 PM
gyppygirl2021
Jan 4 2012, 07:52 PM
Who, me? I'm sorry, Gyppy, I dislike that pairing already. That pairing caused her fall from grace and granted her ridicule. There's no way I'm going to like it.
Wasn't referring to you. XD
what

Hazama
Member Avatar
Takoto | Kazuma
Like:
Terumi/Kazuma
Hazama/Jin
(the above two are... idk, what you might call my "OTPs")
Makoto/Noel/Tsubaki (any of those three paired together)
Relius/Hazama(/Terumi/Kazuma)
Hakumen/Tsubaki
Litchi/Taokaka
Ragna/Jin
Nine/Trinity
Hazama/Noel (or Terumi/Mu)
annnd
Terumi/Hazama self cest (or... does that count as Teru/Kazu . __.)
Trinity/Kazuma (in a one-sided way)

Particularly dislike:
Jin/Tsubaki
Rachel/Anyone
Hazama/Kokonoe
Jubei or Valk/any guy

I've probably forgotten some.
Edited by Hazama, Jan 5 2012, 12:45 AM.
DeviantArt | Twitter | Tumblr | Artblog
Can only play Hazama, Kazuma and Jin because I'm terrible \ o/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · BlazBlue Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

ZB BoHeGeHa by OverTheBelow
based on the IPB skin by Tom B