Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Rotting Eden; The first Azure Spike. (Musashi, Soleil)
Topic Started: Mar 11 2012, 08:27 PM (1,090 Views)
Gleam
Member Avatar

The earth rattles - then rolls, twisting away like burnt string to reveal and endless black pit full of strings that writhe in the grey-glow light that pierces up from some plutonian depth. The trees burn, silent and wild, as their roots crawl back up the trunks and peel the bark inside out, the naked wood beneath shattering into woodchips that whittle wings of pulp and scream, flapping futilely, as they plummet into the thread-sea. A low wail rattles the earth outside the naked tear through the Boundary, and the hellish light lunges up to smash into something small and furred.

Whatever it was ceases to matter. The fur evaporates into glitter-grey mist bound to its back by ephemeral chains that fade halfway up their length. The head lengthens atop a suddenly sinuous, scaled neck, and splits in half to reveal a double-sided jaw full of ragged teeth, one grotesque eye peering out from the maw. The elongates into a bestial thing a dozen feet long with eight freakish legs, spined with chitin. And the tail hardens, sections, until a wicked stinger crawls out the end, mounted on bone like a scorpion's tail.

The monstrosity rears on its rear four legs and screams, that mouth gaping wide and the single bulging orange eye inside staring, darting, searching for life.
Class. Dig it up, dust it off, hang that shit crooked on an ear. My halo's a land mine rind, amigo.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Musashi
Member Avatar
Swordsman of Science
The heavy clinking of metal and stomping feet echoed in the air. The red giant that is Tager trekked along at his own pace accompanied by Noel Vermillion on their way to Wadatsumi. When the earth shakes and the strange anomaly occurs a fair distance before them, he stops and watches the event transpire. His brow furrows in slight concern, unsure of what exactly his eyes are seeing.

"Hang on. What... is that?"
Edited by Musashi, Mar 19 2012, 07:54 AM.

MaesLawliet
Member Avatar

Kokonoe continued to silently keep track of where Tager's group was. There had been nothing of any interest for her to talk to them about on the way until now.

"What the hell is that?" she wondered. The creature that had appeared was unlike anything she had seen. She had seen seithr corrupted beasts before but this was something entirely new to her. It may well be a threat to Tager.

The beastkin opened communications with his group the moment Tager finished his question. "Right now, you're guess is as good as mine as to what that thing is. You've got permission to beat the shit out of it if it attacks anyone."

soleilHKS
Member Avatar

Noel's mind is far, far away as she walks. She's thinking of her parents, and if they are safe. Of Tsubaki, and what she'll try to say when she meets her friend again. Of Ragna, but those thoughts are confusing and filled with why, why, why would he -- anyone -- do that for her?

Mostly, Noel is just avoiding thinking of herself.

Being around Makoto really helps improve Noel's mood. The more she talks to her friend, even if it is about silly, trivial things, the better she feels.

The loud noise startles her. She lets out a short cry, for a moment covering her head with her arms, then turns to stare at Tager with wide eyes when she hears Kokonoe's message. "W-w-we do what to that!?"

Musashi
Member Avatar
Swordsman of Science
Tager watched the beast carefully. "Roger."

He looked down at Noel. "If it attacks us, we will have to fight it. Though... I hope it will not come to that. Let's keep going. Kokonoe is waiting."

He started preparing a course around the beast to reach their destination.

TheMonsterinsideJohan
Member Avatar
Ungodly cool guy in a mask
Makoto was as worried as the rest of her group about the creature they saw, but she kept her calm in order to stablize her friend Noel. With all the events that had transpired just shortly before her journey, she saw herself as Noel's chain, protecting her from any more emotional and physical damage however she could.

Makoto tried to make the situation more light-hearted by throwing a joke, "Whoa! If something cute and furry and turn that disgusting, wonder what would happen to me? "

She looked back at Noel, who obviously was intimidated by the disturbance, and tried to comfort her, "Hey, don't worry Noel, together no beastly can last long! We'll beat up whatever tries to hurt us, so stay calm Noel! "
Darker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself...

That is coffee

soleilHKS
Member Avatar

Noel isn't good with words, so she can't quite explain to her friend just how disturbed she feels when she looks at the creature, or how much worse that feeling gets at Kokonoe's order. It's not like she understands it herself. Her mind seems to want to shut down and let her body act on instinct. Even then, she's not sure whether she would run away, run towards it, or just be sick.

Noel goes pale. She lifts her hand and, eyes still on the beast, she starts grabbing at thin air, as if reaching for something -- Makoto's own hand, perhaps? Anything solid that can anchor her to reality and keep her there.

"I don't want to fight that," she whispers, seemingly unaware that she's thinking aloud.

MaesLawliet
Member Avatar

"Maybe one of these days, you should try growing something resembling a spine" Kokonoe muttered inaudibly. She sighed before she spoke to the group again.

"I'm only gonna say this once: avoiding it is your primary objective for now. If worst comes to worst and it attacks, take it down. Those are your orders so stick to 'em and you'll be alright. Understood?"

Gleam
Member Avatar

The beast roars and, with its mouth open wide, the eye tracks onto Noel and stares at her lifelessly. The abomination cocks its head and then scurries forward, low to the ground, the glittermist on its back arching wide like false wings.
Class. Dig it up, dust it off, hang that shit crooked on an ear. My halo's a land mine rind, amigo.

Posted Image

TheMonsterinsideJohan
Member Avatar
Ungodly cool guy in a mask
Makoto, seeing the creature move towards Noel, reacted quickly. She didn't have much time to think about what to do, to her it seemed the creature was intent on attacking her best friend.

"Hey, ugly! No one harms Noel while I'm with her! Have some of this!" Makoto charged at the monster with fist fully powered.
Darker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself...

That is coffee

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Outside of the Cities · Next Topic »
Add Reply

ZB BoHeGeHa by OverTheBelow
based on the IPB skin by Tom B