Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
The Roadrunner; Nisa's favorite hangout spot.
Topic Started: Mar 22 2012, 05:32 AM (482 Views)
Molleh
Member Avatar
*fangirls across the universe*
The place Nisa led Desmond to was a small, fairly run-of-the-mill diner at the intersection of two streets she hadn't bothered to remember the names of. Despite its location, the restaurant was fairly clean and well-kept; not even the faintest traces of smoke could be smelled, and the tables, made of varnished wood, were spotless, reflecting the light from the dim ceiling lamps above.

"Well, this is my favorite spot in all of Wadatsumi. The Roadrunner. It's cheap and the owners are nice, so I tend to drop by here whenever I'm coming home after a job."
what
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Smitejr
Member Avatar

Desmond spent a few moments appraising the place before he responded.

"You know, I was expecting something pretty trashy, after all the warning you gave me. Cheap food and nice owners sounds a hell of a lot better than what I'm used to. And it's not covered in grime, to boot!"

Moving down an aisle, Desmond asked, "Are there waiters here? Or do we order at the front?"
Tune your ear to the frequency of despair, and cross-reference by the longitude and latitude of a heart in agony.

Molleh
Member Avatar
"Pick a seat and wait a bit," Nisa replied. "First you gotta talk to the people up front, though."

She did just that, walking over to the counter and engaging in an exchange of glances with the person behind the counter - it was as if they were speaking without words. She nodded once, then strolled on over to where Desmond was and grinned.

"I'll let you pick."
what

Smitejr
Member Avatar

Desmond moved towards a table, close enough to others not to appear antisocial, but far enough not to draw much attention.

"Here good? Hope this place is as nice with the food as it is with the presentation. I might have to come back here."
Tune your ear to the frequency of despair, and cross-reference by the longitude and latitude of a heart in agony.

Molleh
Member Avatar
Nisa plopped herself down across from Desmond... and leaned her elbow on the table, resting her head in her hand. She didn't care how impolite it was.

"Food's pretty good, I'd say. Not the best I've had, but what can ya say, it's just a corner place. Not exactly fine dining."
what

Smitejr
Member Avatar

Desmond laughed. "I don't make enough to expect fine dining...ever, really. Mercenary work doesn't pay that much, even for someone with skill like me. Especially since I eat enough for three. Speaking of which...you're paying, right? It's only fair, what with me saving you and all."

Desmond didn't comment about the breach of manners. He held himself up to his own standard, but had no desire to judge others.

Molleh
Member Avatar
"'Course I'm paying," Nisa replied, smirking. "Only fair. But, uh..." She raised an eyebrow. "...If ya don't mind me asking, why do you eat so much?"
what

Smitejr
Member Avatar

"Not by choice, I'm afraid. " Desmond said, fairly jovially. "Side affect of my Armagus. I don't eat after I ghost, I start to starve. I don't exercise after I ghost, I start to atrophy. Really nasty stuff"

"But you probably don't want to talk about that stuff. What do you do? I can bet you could take one look at me and guess my job."
Edited by Smitejr, Mar 22 2012, 05:58 AM.

Molleh
Member Avatar
"Assassin," Nisa said quite simply; she wasn't exactly the master of brainpower, but Desmond was right about it not being hard to guess. "I'm an electrician. And I do painting on the side. I was cleanin' up graffiti in the back alley when that blob asshole attacked me. It's an insult to real art, lemme tell ya."
what

Smitejr
Member Avatar

"Artist, huh? You any good? Might have to check some out sometime."

Desmond chuckled. "Seems like you put one and one together and make two when you fight. That's fancy stuff, you do. Hell, when I fight, it's just stick a knife in someone. Plain and simple. You make it look nicer, though."

"There much work for an electrician around here? Seems like you'd hit dry periods every now and then. Me, I'm lucky that way. Long as there's two people on Earth...well, you know the rest."
Edited by Smitejr, Mar 22 2012, 06:05 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Alternate Roads · Next Topic »
Add Reply

ZB BoHeGeHa by OverTheBelow
based on the IPB skin by Tom B