Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Slot Lodge. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you cannot use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, such as the Buy/Trade/Sell forums, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, viewing photo's and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. You will also receive an email from us asking you a couple of simple questions. Answering the email that we send you, when you apply for membership, is required. It is how we keep out spammers and other nasties. Failure to reply tells us that you are not interested, or you are a spammer. Your membership approval rests solely on your reply.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General picture posting discussion.; Questions, answers & tips to help us see your pics.
Topic Started: Apr 11 2014, 05:34 PM (2,694 Views)
Jisp
Member Avatar

Hi everyone,

So you've got a pic but are still unsure how to include it in your post? We want to see it and talk about it. No, seriously, we do! You're only a question away from sharing your slot car goodness. Our policy - the only dumb question is the one that's not asked. Please, fire away.

Oh, btw, keep in mind that you can include up to ten pictures in a single post. Saves you a bunch of time by not having to create a new post for each picture and creates a more visually pleasing flow for your subject.

Cheers,
Michael.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KRIKET

When I go to add pics to my post there is no browse button to click on.

Hilltop Racing
Member Avatar

Set you up a free account with photobucket.com Once you have your pics uploaded to PB, there should be 3 boxes underneath the pic... Right click and copy the " img" box. The box should change to a color also. Anyway, just hit copy. Now open the slot lodge thread, do your scribbling, then paste the copied "img" wording underneath, do a preview, then hit Post Reply...RM
Edited by Hilltop Racing, Feb 26 2015, 04:29 PM.

KRIKET

I have a photo bucket accont but dont like using it. It dont work half the time, and too many pop ups ads to distract me too. Anyway I tried it and to no avail wont work. I dont understand why there is no browse button to click on so i can get photos from my computer, thats all I'm used to doing and so much easier. There was a browse button in the test note pad tread on here and it worked that way and there is one on this post that i am on now , but not on the one in track building section, i just tried it onthis post it has a browser button but saaid extended file size, which is funny because it worked in the test post ...go figure..lol its no big deal , I just wont post any pics...to hard to do...
Edited by KRIKET, Feb 26 2015, 07:04 PM.

Jisp
Member Avatar

Hi Kriket,

It's all good mate, let's try to sort it out. Oh - I know this is not what you are asking about but regarding pop ups & ads, perhaps look into the browser adon called AdBlock Plus. It's free and works like a charm. If you give it a try you may find yourself surfing the way the internet was intended to be, without all the rubbish stops. ;)

As I mentioned back in the Scratch Pad thread, I use PhotoBucket and rarely, if ever encounter any problems. It is very occasionally a little slow but hey, so am I so I can live with that. Don't forget that there are heaps of other options for third party image hosting. Another that I personally recommend is a free DropBox account. DropBox is very slick and growing rapidly in popularity. I use it if I need to include images larger that the PhotoBucket limit. Note that the method for posting DropBox images differs slightly from that used by most other third party hosts.

If you'd prefer to stick with the attachment method that's fine but it has it's limitations. I've posted a description of a method for getting attached images to display inline but it's a two step process. With respect to you not seeing an attachment browse button when trying to post in our Track Building forum, do you mind trying again to see if it happens now. I'm wondering if it was a bug/anomaly because I see the button there if I try to reply in a thread or start a new topic.

With the extended file size problem was the file you tried to attach larger than 200KB?

All the best,
Michael.

alpink
Member Avatar

let's mention that in order to post pictures nearly anywhere they must be hosted by a server.
there are many, Photobucket(my favorite), DropBox, FaceBook are just a few.
then the proper code associated with the picture you want to post is put into the posting box.
I like Photobucket because up load is simple and easy and once the pictures are there, it is easy to copy the correct code and paste the code in a posting box.
most folks don't have a personal server with or as their computer.

I understand that icons or avatars can be loaded directly from computers(smart phones) for most sites. but usually pictures that you want to appear in posts have to be hosted by a photo server.
I hope I am not muddying the waters.
but my limited experience trying to put pictures on various chat and bulletin boards got a whole lot easier with Photobucket.

I also found that AdBlockPlus was very instrumental in making my internet time more rewarding. it is free and easy to download.
I for one make a yearly donation because I value what it does for me.

nutherdave
Member Avatar

Just wanted to add to the general picture posting discussion...

Posted Image

KRIKET

Jisp
Feb 27 2015, 09:05 AM
Hi Kriket,

It's all good mate, let's try to sort it out. Oh - I know this is not what you are asking about but regarding pop ups & ads, perhaps look into the browser adon called AdBlock Plus. It's free and works like a charm. If you give it a try you may find yourself surfing the way the internet was intended to be, without all the rubbish stops. ;)

As I mentioned back in the Scratch Pad thread, I use PhotoBucket and rarely, if ever encounter any problems. It is very occasionally a little slow but hey, so am I so I can live with that. Don't forget that there are heaps of other options for third party image hosting. Another that I personally recommend is a free DropBox account. DropBox is very slick and growing rapidly in popularity. I use it if I need to include images larger that the PhotoBucket limit. Note that the method for posting DropBox images differs slightly from that used by most other third party hosts.

If you'd prefer to stick with the attachment method that's fine but it has it's limitations. I've posted a description of a method for getting attached images to display inline but it's a two step process. With respect to you not seeing an attachment browse button when trying to post in our Track Building forum, do you mind trying again to see if it happens now. I'm wondering if it was a bug/anomaly because I see the button there if I try to reply in a thread or start a new topic.

With the extended file size problem was the file you tried to attach larger than 200KB?

All the best,
Michael.

I tried again to post new topic in track building and there is no attachment browse button to put pics up from my pic files. A s far as downloading ad blocker programs, i done that before and it changed my computer some how, it was never the same, changed settings and other things, I dont like down loading stuff from the internet. I am not good with computers , i just dont understand them... I have trouble with my tv remote, always had trouble programing my vcr back in the day could never remember how to do it.

alpink
Member Avatar

kriket, , send me emails with attachment of your pictures.
give me permission (your Photobucket email/account name and the password) to access your photobucket and when you want pics posted, I will post them from your photobucket account for you.
slowly, we will work together and you will be posting your own pics before you know it.
just an idea. you can PM me with the info if you want to try this on a temporary basis.

Jisp
Member Avatar

Al, thanks for offering to do that - very thoughtful. If I can assist in any way, you know how to contact me.

Kriket,I'd still like to try and understand (and possibly correct) the situation with the attachment browse button. I just tried again in the track building thread and it still appears for me in both creating a new topic or posting in one. Can I please ask both an admin member & a non-admin member to head over to the Track Building forum and run two tests. First, go into an existing thread and hit the "Full Reply" button - do you see the attachment browse button below the edit pane? Repeat the test by starting a new topic and seeing if it appears. Naturally there's no need to actually submit a post in either case, just want to see if the button appears. Thanks for any help.

All the best,
Michael.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · How to Post Pictures · Next Topic »
Add Reply