Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Slot Lodge. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you cannot use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, such as the Buy/Trade/Sell forums, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, viewing photo's and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. You will also receive an email from us asking you a couple of simple questions. Answering the email that we send you, when you apply for membership, is required. It is how we keep out spammers and other nasties. Failure to reply tells us that you are not interested, or you are a spammer. Your membership approval rests solely on your reply.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Scratch Pad; Test area - test you picture posting methods here
Topic Started: Apr 11 2014, 06:40 PM (1,087 Views)
Jisp
Member Avatar

The name says it all........ if you are unsure how your posting method will appear within a thread feel free to test it here. Type your text, add links, photos & video........ toss in an emoticon or two if you like. The result you see here is exactly the same as it would appear in the other forums in The Lodge.

Cheers,
Michael.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wyatt641

Posted Image

Jisp
Member Avatar

Perfect from where I'm sitting Wyatt.... you are now licensed to post pictures with as much reckless speed as you can muster. Off ya go ya crazy kid! ;)

KRIKET

testing , testing, can you hear me now, oops... i mean can you see it now? I guess it is working.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: P081413_1834.jpg (49.34 KB)
Attachments: P081413_1835.jpg (46.38 KB)

Jisp
Member Avatar

Kriket,

Thanks for persisting, we'll try to find something that works for you the way you like. I use PhotoBucket myself and so have never really experimented too much with the thread attachment photo method. It would seem that the attachment tool does not automatically display the attachment as an inline image. Rather, it provides a link to the newly created attachment after hitting the submit button. That's ok though, that link can now be used to go back in and edit your post to display the image in the usual way using the "Image" button or simply wrapping the link in the following two tags [IMG] & [/IMG].

For example, I have just added an attachment to this post as seen at the bottom of this post. After submitting the post I then right clicked on the attachment and selected Copy Link Location (wording will vary in different browsers). I then hit the post edit button and pasted the copied URL into my post using the "Image" button. Hey presto, using the preview function I see that it worked. When I have time I'll dive into the Zeta archives to see if there is a way to automate the function but I'd think it would be very apparent if it could be done. Please feel free to try my suggestion by editing your post if you like. Alternately you could just make another post and use your original attachment links to display the images.

Posted Image

Please just give me a shout if my suggestion is not clear or does not work for you. Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Michael.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Slot_Lodge_Board_Logo.jpg (44.17 KB)
Edited by Jisp, Feb 27 2015, 10:55 AM.

bdsharp
Member Avatar

Pic test from Amazon cloud drive.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/73Xi3d5-QhGayWlhLq535Dih9GijLh6XHqRhcy2LuZs

Hmm... looks like I can post a link you can follow, but the actual picture doesn't appear.

Posted Image
Edited by bdsharp, Mar 1 2015, 04:59 PM.

Jisp
Member Avatar

BD, I found a way to get the image up from ACD...... very nice track & photo BTW. I hope you don't mind me posting it.

Posted Image

I could see from your post text that you have the IMG tagging done correctly so the link itself had to be the problem. Here's what I did.... following your link, the image is displayed on the cloud drive page in what appears to be a viewer of some description. I needed the actual photo link itself - right click on the photo and hit "View Image". That will then display the image itself, without the "viewer". That page address was https://content-na.drive.amazonaws.com/cdproxy/templink/Ajcmaw8gsafo3SQWq3Dx9Iry-8m-_wnFyI7EXm9ftz0E0Xnc3?viewBox=1920 which is the link you needed. I changed the last part to read "viewbox=800" because 1920 is probably a little large for a post picture. Seems to have worked perfectly. I don't have time now but will get some screen caps of the process tonight and post them up.

All the best,
Michael.

bdsharp
Member Avatar

I think I follow. I'll try later. Thanks.

Posted Image

Thanks for figuring that out. Works perfectly.
Edited by bdsharp, Mar 1 2015, 08:55 PM.

Jisp
Member Avatar

Sweet! I like a success story. Errrr, no pressure but does this mean we'll now get to see more of your rather excellent oval and cars elsewhere on the board? If I look down the forum list there are a number of spots where your setup would supplement the content. But hey, like I said, no pressure or anything like how much we love cool shots of great layouts, beautiful cars and a little info to fill in the blanks. But please, no pressure here ok. LOL

Great stuff BD, thank you.

Cheers,
Michael.

Jisp
Member Avatar

Just a little DropBox voodoo experimentation goin' on here. Have a nice day!

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · How to Post Pictures · Next Topic »
Add Reply