Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Slot Lodge. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you cannot use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, such as the Buy/Trade/Sell forums, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, viewing photo's and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. You will also receive an email from us asking you a couple of simple questions. Answering the email that we send you, when you apply for membership, is required. It is how we keep out spammers and other nasties. Failure to reply tells us that you are not interested, or you are a spammer. Your membership approval rests solely on your reply.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'49 Merc
Topic Started: Jan 23 2018, 05:31 PM (306 Views)
slotto
Member Avatar

From the Eyeballin' thread comes the '49 Merc

Posted Image

I am not going to be using these wheels. This was just an experiment.
My thought was to maybe chop the top.

Posted Image

Immediately after cutting off the top I started thinking What the hell am I doing?!? I am definitely in uncharted water here!

Posted Image

At this point I almost bagged the whole thing.

Posted Image

Then I started to think what if I moved the rear window to the front... Not to bad. This look gives off a 50's vibe.

Posted Image

But I really wanted the low down in the back chop top look more.

Posted Image

Next I added a piece in the middle. Starting to feel a better about the project.

Posted Image

Then I used the cut off window frames from the doors to form the rear side window opening. I think it's a little too far back. I think if I end the opening at the pencil line, it would work better.

Stay Tuned...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Thunderjet500
Member Avatar

I gotta vote for the look two photos back with the yellow ruler in foreground.

slotto
Member Avatar

Thanks Dan

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I adjusted the sail panels and eyeballing this grille. Obviously I'll cut it to fit.

Stay Tuned...

Hilltop Racing
Member Avatar

That's some slicing and dicing!!! RM

Bubba 123

I'm Starting to get the 1/24 - 1/25 "Bugg"... :blink:
Any $$ Good-Sources $$ for Slot Car Chassis in this Scale ????

Bubba The Senile :blink:
Edited by Bubba 123, Jan 25 2018, 03:21 PM.

slotto
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

Added some mud last night

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I took it off today

Posted Image

Then I added a little more. Gotta hit it and quit it.

Stay Tuned...

slotto
Member Avatar

Posted Image

I have two of these bodies/ Here's the before profile

Posted Image

Here's the after profile. Subtle but makes all the difference in the world. I wanted to make it look like it's moving while it's standing still. Almost ready for primer.

So far I've cut open the doors, removed the window frames from the doors, shaved the door handles and locks, shaved all the trim, rain gutters and emblems, rolled the rear panel, shaved the wipers and lowered the back half of the roof and used the discarded window frames as the basis for the back windows.

Stay Tuned...

Thunderjet500
Member Avatar

Slick-a-rooni !!!

Bubba 123

Question; ^o)

Do the actual "TIRES" on these models. Soft enough for "Slot-Car-Izationing (??)" :$

Ok,.. So I got a; "1-Track-Mind"... :blink:

Bubba :blink:
Edited by Bubba 123, Jan 29 2018, 01:41 AM.

slotto
Member Avatar

No. They are for display. Im not into the larger scale racing. Im sure there are chassis out there for 1:25 scale cars.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Model Garages · Next Topic »
Add Reply