Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Ferris Wheel of Feelings; cute TJ x Spinelli oneshot.
Topic Started: Jan 23 2012, 04:32 PM (1,536 Views)
<3pockylicious<3
Member Avatar

Due to popular demand, I have gone out there and wrote a fanfic. Enjoy. :)

It was the summer between 5th and 6th grade. The annual local carnival was in town and at its busiest.
Gus and Mikey were riding the coffee cups, with Gus wailing at the top of his lungs. Vince was showing
of his skills at the carnival games much to Gretchen's amusement.

TJ and Spinelli were about to embark on the ferris wheel after eating a hefty dinner of hot dogs and
cheesy fries, They both agreed that it was a good idea to go on the roller coasters before eating dinner
to avoid vomiting on the coaster. They agreed that it would be a nice choice to go on a relaxing ride
for a change. However, the ride spun to a sudden halt once they reached the top.

"Aw man, this whomps!" said Spinelli.

"Hey, look on the bright side. This is a nice view we got up here. Look, I can see the parking lot,
the guy in the creepy Bonky costume, the cotton candy man, and Gus screaming on the coffee cup ride.
Oh, look! It's Miss G! Wave to Miss G!" He waved. They sat silently for a few seconds until TJ cleared
his throat.

"You know what bugs me?"

"Chewed-up gum underneath the desks?"

"Parents wanting you to be more like your older sister! Mom and Dad are always criticizing me,
saying 'HUHNEE YOO NEED TO GET DAT 1.5 UP TO AT LEAST AN EIGHT-TEE LYKE YUR BIG
SISTUR BEH-KEE!' and calling you irresponsible and stuff. I mean, look at me Spin. I kick butt at
kickball (well, compared to Vince....no one can beat him), everyone but Gordy loves me, and I know
all the secret entrances into the school! What more can a boy ask for? I mean, I WOULD try harder in
school if the subjects were more...fun. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Miss Grotke and all, but I
wish she would spice up the lessons a bit more. One of these days she should come to school
dressed as a monkey or something!"

Spinelli laughed. "Yeah, but she was much better than our 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Montague.
She sent me into time out for saying 'blah.' It's not even a bad word! Everyone says it! What
about our first amendment? BLAH! BLAH! BLAHBLABLABLAH BLAH BLAAAAAAAAAAAH!!"

"She once sent me to time out for blinking."

Spinelli gave him a confused look. "Blinking?"

TJ nodded.

"She gave you a time out for BLINKING. I don't remember that happening!"

"You were absent that day. She said I was fidgeting and I needed to 'control myself.'"

"That's dumb!"

"I know!"

"Well Teej, you should'nt worry too much about being compared to your sister. Just tell your
parents that you're TJ and not Becky. But just in case, you may wanna study a bit with Gretchen.
She has all the answers."

TJ just smiled. "Gee, thanks!"

"No problem. Say, you know what bugs me too?"

"Miss Finster's tapioca breath?"

"Bossy people! Mostly bossy girls. Have you noticed how girls tend to be more bossy than
boys? They do! You know, I actually wasn't always the Powerpuff Girl you know and love
today. I mean, I preffered hanging out with the guys when I was younger because....you
guys are much more fun than girls. I mean, there are way too many girls that just sit
around primping and playing with dollies. I mean, what about wrestling? What about action?
Anyways, back in third grade, Mom always told me to only play rough with the boys and be
gentle with the girls as the girls were more delicate. And avoid fighting. So I thought, 'Yeah I can
do that.' BOY WAS I WRONG! The Ashleys happened to be in our class, and they used to pick
on me over the smallest things! My hairstyle, my clothing, how I did my schoolwork, you name it!
I even tried to tell the teach, but she wouldn't believe me because she had those pwecious little
Ashleys wrapped around her finger! She never believed ANYTHING I told her and I always got in
trouble for things that THEY DID!"

"That whomps!"

"Tell me about it! One day, when they accused me of cutting in front of the sink in the girls' bathroom,
I got furious and said 'YOU KNOW WHAT YOU LITTLE PRISSES I'VE HAD IT! YOU KNOW THAT
IT'S NOT MY FAULT WHEN YOU DO SOMETHING BAD! NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FASHION
POLICE ANTICS! WE LIVE IN A FREE COUNTRY BASED ON GIVING US THE RIGHT TO PURSUE
LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF SENOR FUSION COMICS!' They were all like 'Like, who reads
those stupid comics?' and I creamed 'em. Sadly, I got suspended for a day. But when I told my mom, she
actually took my side for once and told Prickly about it. He still gave me the suspension, but still talked to
the Ashleys about what they were doing and he put an end to it. Despite my...er..'use of violence' as my
mom called it, she was proud of my standing up for myself. But still, no Beany McChimp for me for a week.
It was worth it."

"Awesome!"

"I know, right? Those girls never picked on me ever again....until the time they found out about my first name.
Still...." Spinelli beamed.

"Yeah. Those Ashleys can be so cruel. This one time, I accidentally kicked a kickball into their clubhouse and
I spent AT LEAST five minutes OF MY LIFE trying to reason with them to give it back and I ended up giving
them my WHOLE pack of rare cotton candy flavored Bubblerific bubble gum. It took me a MONTH'S worth
of allowance to save up for it. And while I was in their clubhouse, I noticed that they had this wall of pictures
of all the boys on the playground. I asked about it, they said it was their wall of the cutest boys on the
playground. I asked where my picture was and they were all like 'I'm sorry, but you didn't make the cut.' and I
was all like 'why not' and they were all like 'You're fat, you have these freckles that make you look like a five
year old, and you're not tall enough. it's...SCAND-ALOUUUUS!' and laughed. I actually walked out of that
pile o' tires with tears in my eyes. Don't tell anyone else this, but I feel rather...uncomfortable about being
short and-hey what's wrong?"

Spinelli was sniffling and rubbing her nose. "Oh, nothing. It's just....that onion stand below the ferris wheel
smells really strong, that's all."

TJ raised an eyebrow. "There is no onion stand."

"Whatever. I just...think it's really dumb that the Ashleys made you cry, that's all!"

TJ looked inconvinced." ..so yeah, I just feel as if no girl would like ever like-like a short chubby boy
like me who looks like a five year old."

Spinelli frowned. "Whaddya talkin' about? You're not fat. You're just stout! I mean, the great thing about being
on the heavier side is that girls may find you cuddly, like a teddy bear! And who CARES about being tall? There
was once a time where I hated not being as tall as Gretchen but then I realized that size doesn't always matter. I
mean, it's easier to hide in hide and seek, am I right? As for those freckles, they look ADORABLE! I mean, you
look cute, like a bunny!"

"A bunny? Thanks a lot Spinelli."

"What do you mean 'thanks a lot?'"

"Are you saying that I look like Ms. Grotke?"

"No! No no no no no! I just think your freckles look nice, that's all! And you're right: Ms Grotke DOES resemble
a bunny!"

"Oh, ok."

Spinelli looked around anxiously. She took a deep breath. "Erm....TJ? You ever have those moments where
you want to say or do something but you run out of time?"

TJ nodded. "Yes actually. Once at a party, I waited to go over to the table and try these peanut bars, but they
ran out."

"Oh." Spinelli looked away dejected.

"Did you ever have that moment in your life, Spinelli?"

"Me? Well........how do I say this? Well, Teej....I have...we have....known each other since kindergarten and......"
Spinelli started to blush. "You know those grown-up feelings Ms. Grotke told us about in health class?"

"You mean 'the birds in the bees?'"

"NOOOO!" Spinelli burst out laughing. "Well actually..."

"Ew, Spinelli are you saying you actually WANT to try that?!?!?"

"NO!" The two began to laugh even harder. Once they caught their breaths, Spinelli's facial expression became
serious.

"More on the note of 'Boys Don't Have Cooties....'"

"Of course cooties don't exist, Spin. If they did, you wouldn't want hang out with me and the gu-"

"AUUURGH! GODWHOMPIT TJ DETWEILER I LIKE YOU, OKAY?!? I LIKE LIKE YOU! EVER SINCE, THAT
KISS WE HAD IN FOURTH GRADE! I DON'T CARE WHO HEARS ME! LISTEN UP THIRD STREET SCHOOL,
I LOVE TJ DETWEILER! I LOVE YOU!" she shrieked as she hugged TJ crying.

At the bottom of the ferris wheel, the Ashleys walked by laughing. Spinelli was NOT amused.

"IF YOU LITTLE POWDERPUFFS SAY ANYTHING STUPID ABOUT THIS, IM GONNA COME DOWN THEIR AND
CREAM THE SNOT OUT OF YOU LITTLE BRATS!!!!!!!"

The Ashleys stopped laughing and ran away screaming. Meanwhile, TJ was sitting in the seat of the cart with
his mouth hanging wide open.

"Uh, Teej? Are you okay?"

At this point, TJ's facial expression slowly formed into a creepy if not flattering unchanging grin. Spinelli smiled.

"He likes me... he likes me! Heeheehee! Stop it, Spin! You're giggling like a little school girl! Technically, I AM, but
still...."

Meanwhile, Mikey and Gus got off the coffee cup ride and smiled (not without Gus puking out of motion sickness first)
and Vince smiled after giving Gretchen a giant stuffed panda he won (not without Gretchen blushing mildly).
Ms. Grotke was looking up at the ferris wheel crying. Her boyfriend Heinz Doofenshmirtz walked over.

"Honey, what's wrong? Did you step on an ant?"

"*Sniff* No. Or at least I hope not *sniff* sniff* It's just one of my former students confessed their feelings of love
to her best friend! Oh, I'm so overwhelmed with joy!" she paused and frowned. "And fear that I might have possibly
harmed an insect."

"Awwww. Now, you might want to help that girl who's pulling that boy out of the seat in the ferris wheel. He seems
stuck. Or brainwashed."

Ms. Grotke went over and helped Spinelli take TJ out of the seat of the ferris wheel.

Yep. Taking 6th grade was going to be tender.

R.I.P. RICHARD MICHAEL MAYALL 7 March 1958 – 9 June 2014
--
Posted Image
<3--Every little thing she does is magic
Everything she does just turns me on
Even though my life before was tragic
Now I know my love for her goes on--<3
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss G.
Member Avatar
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge- tell me do you like the Rudy stuff?
D`AWWWW!!!!!

This was the most adorable and touching thing I have read today. :)
Posted Image
I agree with you.
--
Nothing is like I planned it
So funny, I can't stand it
Wish I was made of granite
I must be on another planet.
---
"The world is bulls**t, and you shouldn't model your life on what we think is cool, and what we're wearing and what we're saying." - Fiona Apple
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Serena
Member Avatar
almightystarfish
This is soooooooo good!! I laughed at TJ talking about the peanut bars. Spin would so totally scream her confession like that, so awesome, wow. I loved it. You should definitely write more Recess fic.

<3pockylicious<3
Member Avatar

Thank you! :) ^_^
--
Posted Image

Miss G.
Member Avatar
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge- tell me do you like the Rudy stuff?
Spinelli talking about being girly is also something I detest. I was never really girly as a kid (or now), and I usually got along better with the boys. Plus there are so many snobby little prisses in my classes, it's not funny.
Posted Image
I agree with you.
--
Nothing is like I planned it
So funny, I can't stand it
Wish I was made of granite
I must be on another planet.
---
"The world is bulls**t, and you shouldn't model your life on what we think is cool, and what we're wearing and what we're saying." - Fiona Apple
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stargazer
Member Avatar

I can't believe this post doesn't have more comments. This was really well written. It was both sweet and funny. If Recess had lasted another season or two this definitely could have been an episode. Well, minus Doofenschmirtz being Miss Grotke's girlfriend.
There's no sun in the shadow of the wizard......

<3pockylicious<3
Member Avatar

^ And the Powerpuff Girls reference. Too relevant. :P
--
Posted Image

Stargazer
Member Avatar

^I didn't even think of that!
There's no sun in the shadow of the wizard......

Madame Fist
Member Avatar

That was so awesome! I love how Dr. Doofinshmirtz was Ms. Grotke's boyfriend xD I laughed really hard at that. As for Spinelli's confession, that was 100% accurate! And the threat at the Ashleys was perfect too! I could just see Spinelli doing all of the stuff she was talking about. I heard her voice, saw the hand motions...one of the best Recess fics I've read!
Posted Image

<3pockylicious<3
Member Avatar

Thanks! :) :$ This has to be the best fic I've ever written, my Magnum Opus.
--
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · FanFiction · Next Topic »
Add Reply

RECESS and all related titles are copyright of The Walt Disney Company. I am just a fan, and I'm not making any money off of this.