Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Station Wagon News:

Welcome to Nitori's Mysterious Station Wagon of 東方, Fsteaks & Tables! --------- Thank you for coming, mind the dust! ---------- This forum's appearance is currently under construction!! ------------ Enjoy your stay!
Add Reply
Touhou Doom - Combining FPS with Danmaku (Released!); A Doom megawad by yours truly.
Topic Started: Oct 18 2014, 06:24 PM (3,991 Views)
killer11223345
Member Avatar

THIS IS MY FOURTH TIME COPY-PASTING WHY

You know, this is most likely one of the first serious and complete Touhou ports to Doom. I mean, you got one that's a Joke WAD that combines other stupid Youtube Poop elements, and one is a Troll WAD, also known as a "Terry WAD", that ends up trolling you with... well... find out for yourself. Actually, don't. It's bad for you. There are also other unfinished and unreleased projects out there, and one that has a beta release with a life and bomb system.

But why not combine normal Doom elements with Touhou?

Welcome to Touhou Doom!
(in lack of a better name)

First off, let me say that the person who inspired me to make this mod is known as (Satori Komeiji) on Youtube. All credit to you, Satori. You're freakin' awesome.

Download the full game here (30 maps!):TouhouDoom.pk3
Edited by killer11223345, Oct 5 2015, 06:11 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FullHitPoints
Member Avatar
The Code Fairy
Well, I tried it out, so consider me a beta tester.

With the short time I had to play this, I managed to make it as far as Daiyousei. That's mostly because of how difficult the game was. I have no idea if the sparse health packs were intentional, but it was kind of annoying, seeing as dodging danmaku from a first-person perspective more difficult than an overhead view. There's absolutely no health packs in the first stage, either, so by the time I made it to Gensokyo, I was at 37% health, and desperate for recovery items.

On one hand, the bullets shot by the normal yousei are very slow. However, their ramming attacks are both deadly and annoying, thanks to only being able to see what's in front of me. Every attack by these little buggers takes off 10%, and when I made it to Daiyousei, I got rammed by her and lost over 50% of my life! I'm honestly not sure if any of this was intentional or not.

I think some hotkeys to switch to the different kinds of staves would be helpful, too. It's very annoying to scroll through your arsenal of normal Doom weapons to find those fancy-schmancy magic weapons that are necessary to defeat the enemies (Although, shooting Rumia with a Super Shotgun is quite funny in itself).

So, from what I've played of it so far, it's not bad. It could definitely use some refinement, though.

killer11223345
Member Avatar

FullHitPoints
Oct 20 2014, 09:20 AM
Well, I tried it out, so consider me a beta tester.

With the short time I had to play this, I managed to make it as far as Daiyousei. That's mostly because of how difficult the game was. I have no idea if the sparse health packs were intentional, but it was kind of annoying, seeing as dodging danmaku from a first-person perspective more difficult than an overhead view. There's absolutely no health packs in the first stage, either, so by the time I made it to Gensokyo, I was at 37% health, and desperate for recovery items.

On one hand, the bullets shot by the normal yousei are very slow. However, their ramming attacks are both deadly and annoying, thanks to only being able to see what's in front of me. Every attack by these little buggers takes off 10%, and when I made it to Daiyousei, I got rammed by her and lost over 50% of my life! I'm honestly not sure if any of this was intentional or not.

I think some hotkeys to switch to the different kinds of staves would be helpful, too. It's very annoying to scroll through your arsenal of normal Doom weapons to find those fancy-schmancy magic weapons that are necessary to defeat the enemies (Although, shooting Rumia with a Super Shotgun is quite funny in itself).

So, from what I've played of it so far, it's not bad. It could definitely use some refinement, though.
Yeah, I know it could use some refinement in itself. I've actually completely remade the first map not too long ago, and I am planning to (maybe) remake maps 2 and 4.

This mod is intended to be hard, but I can tone it down since I know a few things are quite overpowered (especially patchouli and sakuya).

Now applying special hotkeys to the new magic weapons isn't going to be easy. The maximum allowed slots are 1-0, and I rank the weapons from weaker (like the sapphire wand and pistol) to stronger (serpent staff and shotgun(s) and so on).

FullHitPoints
Member Avatar
The Code Fairy
Quote:

This mod is intended to be hard, but I can tone it down since I know a few things are quite overpowered (especially patchouli and sakuya).

Okay, because I didn't know if that was the case or not. Knowing what the author had intended is important when it comes to this sort of thing.

Quote:

Now applying special hotkeys to the new magic weapons isn't going to be easy. The maximum allowed slots are 1-0, and I rank the weapons from weaker (like the sapphire wand and pistol) to stronger (serpent staff and shotgun(s) and so on).

At the very least, does pushing a number key set me to a staff that I have? Because I don't know, honestly. I was trying to switch weapons with the scroll bar.

killer11223345
Member Avatar

FullHitPoints
Oct 22 2014, 09:29 AM
At the very least, does pushing a number key set me to a staff that I have? Because I don't know, honestly. I was trying to switch weapons with the scroll bar.
As of that update, pressing 2 will switch between the pistol and sapphire wand. Pressing 4 will select between the chaingun (not present in the wad), Serpent Staff, and the darkness wand. Pressing 5 will switch to the Spell Binder (you get it when you beat Patchouli), and pressing 8 switches to the Scarlet Scepter (you get it when you beat Remilia)

There's going to be more weapons (mainly from Heretic and Hexen) that will either replace already existing weapons in the wad or will be introduced later in the game. Key configuration will also change in the near future.

killer11223345
Member Avatar

It's been a while, but a new download has been posted on the original post (no videos yet, though)!

Here's a nice little changelog (copied from changelog.txt):

Changes from Touhou Doom's second release to its third release:

+: Addition
-: Removed
=: Changed

= Remade MAP01
+ Added title and intermission music
- Removed the monster randomizer that replaces normal monsters, but the randomizer is still present (used in MAP08)
= Fixed some bugs in MAP02
+ Made a cutscene for Rumia!
= Made projectiles less damaging
= Gave every character slightly less health
= Ice walls instead of invisible walls in MAP03
= Made MAP03's forests smaller
= Made MAP04 look nicer
- Removed Midboss Rumia's dashing attack
= Moved the Koakumas in MAP05
= Sakuya's time freeze now works better! (100% proven to piss you off even more!)
+ Added Heretic weapons, but they are unused
- Removed the 2 Cybruisers in MAP06
= The Pain Lord opens Flandre's room door & the exit door instead of giving you a blue key when he dies
= Made Flandre's Room look nicer
= Completely remade MAP07 to give a more ominous feeling
= "Fear" now has slightly less health
+ New map: MAP08! "The Invasion"
+ Added an unused, unfinished Yuyuko
+ New map: MAP09! "Forest" (end of episode 1)
+ Episode selection (only the first one works; episode 2 brings you to Doom 2's MAP10 and the other two bring you to nonexistant maps)
+ Remilia has a new attack! (You can find out what it is)
+ Added sprites, sounds, and textures from Heretic, Hexen, and Strife! (all unused haha)
= Probably a million other things I just can't think of; find them yourself! Lots of new things in here.
Edited by killer11223345, Nov 9 2014, 01:45 PM.

killer11223345
Member Avatar

Welp, episode 2 is out. Yay. It's a short one, but it introduces almost all of the characters from Touhou 11, and it even introduces Yuyuko. It is also the first use of the Heretic weapons, and the first use of an original monster from Hexen (along with two variants of it). It also includes fixes and stuff.

Expect a huge increase in file size as well... stupid .ogg music apparently being a lot bigger than I thought (just be thankful for no .wav). Can't use MP3 because it loops like crap in Doom.

So now episode 3 is in development. I have no idea who to face first, but the plot goes like this: Yukari discovers that the reason why it was so easy for the UAC and the demons to break into Gensokyo was that someone in Gensokyo (or a dimension close to it) was already weakening the barrier. That's the reason why episode 3 is called "Accusations". Because of that whole ordeal, I need suggestions for bosses (particularly PC-98 because there are a lot of otherwordly dimensions in that time period). halp me pls

FullHitPoints
Member Avatar
The Code Fairy
Okay, I decided to try out the newest version of this, but I can't because dragging the "touhoudoomep2.pk3" onto GZDoom results in the following error:

"Execution could not continue.

Script error, "touhoudoomep2.pk3:touhouenemiescharacters.wad:DECORATE" line 317:
Invalid state parameter a_facetracer"

There's also a ton of lines that read something like this:

"1152:
Unknown identifier 'CMF_ABSOLUTEPITCH'
Script error, "touhoudoomep2.pk3:touhouenemiescharacters.wad:DECORATE" line"

So, I have no idea what went wrong.

killer11223345
Member Avatar

FullHitPoints
Feb 17 2015, 04:34 PM
Okay, I decided to try out the newest version of this, but I can't because dragging the "touhoudoomep2.pk3" onto GZDoom results in the following error:

"Execution could not continue.

Script error, "touhoudoomep2.pk3:touhouenemiescharacters.wad:DECORATE" line 317:
Invalid state parameter a_facetracer"

There's also a ton of lines that read something like this:

"1152:
Unknown identifier 'CMF_ABSOLUTEPITCH'
Script error, "touhoudoomep2.pk3:touhouenemiescharacters.wad:DECORATE" line"

So, I have no idea what went wrong.
The "A_FaceTracer" is likely a new feature in the newest GZDoom version... it strangely doesn't work with the Zandronum 2.0 beta, either.

DRD Team Forum
That link should contain the newest versions of GZDoom.

Now I have absolutely no idea what's up with the "CMF_ABSOLUTEPITCH" thing because it works perfectly for me. Like I said, try to update GZDoom, since the only noticeable errors I get are missing actor errors (and these missing actors are unused anyways).

A fix for episode 2 stuff is also going to be released soon, so if you find bugs and/or glitches and/or something weird, then it was most likely fixed by now.

Punisher

I dunno why, but when I played this, and closed it (I used GZDoom) after playing it for a while, I found that I couldn't interact with any window, except for Firefox. When I'd click on a window, it would go inactive, as if an invisible program was always on top, even over the taskbar. When I went to reboot (Had to do it via ctrl+alt+del), I noticed there was an unnamed program that was opening, making it necessary to force a restart. What's with that? MBAM turned up nothing, so it wasn't malware.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Non-Walfas Creations · Next Topic »
Add Reply