Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to WhoOnEarthISTomBaker?. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How's The Weather Out There?
Topic Started: Jan 15 2007, 09:19 PM (2,247 Views)
StitchInTime
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
It's been snowing madly all day. Finally winter has arrived. Ah, cold air at last! :D Nonetheless, I'm lucky I did not have to go anywhere today, as my dog team is so out of shape. ;)
The Untold Doctor Who

As Wide as the Infinite Sky

:sssmob:

Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish! What's a StitchInTime?
It is a wrinkle, a glitch, a hitch, an irrepressible hangnail in the fabric of space-time that can't be clipped.
- S.C.L. Eiler

When the moose shows up on your doorstep, we'll know that all is lost. - wombat (June 11, 2007)

Brigadier: You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets. (Robot)

Sarah Jane (about the Fourth Doctor): He sometimes talks to himself, mostly because he's the only person who knows what he's talking about. (The Ark in Space)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gold Usher
Soul_Of_TOM
Of course you know if I were to encounter snow again, I'd make a total fool of myself playing in it. It's one of the couple of things I've been without now for 10 years and truly miss.

Weather here has been great - mid 70s low 80s. Only drawback is....the damn grass is starting to grow again. Gosh I wish I could afford to pay someone to do it - even if it's just the trimming I can never seem to get to.
"We joked that in the future, when you were born you would be assigned a telephone number and if you didn't answer the phone, you were dead"

Martin Cooper-inventor of the mobile phone

StitchInTime
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
By the sounds of it, you don't need a lawn mower you need a barber. :rolleyes:

;)
The Untold Doctor Who

It is a wrinkle, a glitch, a hitch, an irrepressible hangnail in the fabric of space-time that can't be clipped.
- S.C.L. Eiler

When the moose shows up on your doorstep, we'll know that all is lost. - wombat (June 11, 2007)

Brigadier: You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets. (Robot)

Sarah Jane (about the Fourth Doctor): He sometimes talks to himself, mostly because he's the only person who knows what he's talking about. (The Ark in Space)

sherlew
Member Avatar
Heart_Of_TOM
A barber with a weed-wacker? Well, I suppose, if the shop isn't making enough money. Though if I were a barber, I'd think up another way to moonlight.

The snow seem to be finally going away over here on the coast (west). I like it until it melts a bit, then re-freezes and makes driving difficult. It's unusual for us to have any. It's also been unseasonable cold, too. We had a low temperature of 20 degrees farhenheit at least one evening. It's probably nothing unusualy for some of you, but it is over here. Hubby had to bang on the firewood just to break off some pieces to burn. What gets me is that it's under a roof, away from rain, snow and sleet. Must be the humidity in the air.

I'm hoping it will warm up and rain some more today. We live out of town and the road in can be treacherous. At least I had three days off this weekend and didn't have to drive anywhere. Now I'm just waiting for things to thaw a bit more. :cold:
Posted Image

StitchInTime
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
It's absolutely frosty here today, but I still haven't had to put the heat on. Evidently somebody below me in this building is producing a lot of hot air. ;)
The Untold Doctor Who

- S.C.L. Eiler

wombat
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
We had our first real snowfall of the season this morning, right in time for the commute... had to take the safe (thus longer) route instead of my beloved "scenic and short" path. I love snow, I just hate to drive in (or through) it.
"Go on, ask me why! Ask me!"

"Save the bickering until we're out of here!"

StitchInTime
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
I've heard it's been driving chaos around here too. Besides that, today a whole section of the business district was closed due to a police shooting. Reports I heard said that people saw police blow the back window out of a car, and two suspects were shot. Somebody said they thought this was more like New York. I was thinking of Hollywood myself, as in, in the movies, but I guess stuff like this really does happen sometimes, unfortunately. I don't recall hearing about a "rain of bullets" in the weather forecast either. :rolleyes:
The Untold Doctor Who

- S.C.L. Eiler

Hypatia
Member Avatar
Heart_Of_TOM
StitchInTime,Jan 16 2007
01:39 PM
It's absolutely frosty here today, but I still haven't had to put the heat on.  Evidently somebody below me in this building is producing a lot of hot air. ;)

So your downstairs neighbor is a politician? :P
Posted ImageWho can say where the road goes, where the day flows -- only time ~ Enya

[align=center]Posted Image "This is another fine forum you've landed us in, Doctor!"[/align]

StitchInTime
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
Hypatia,Jan 19 2007
07:33 PM
StitchInTime,Jan 16 2007
01:39 PM
It's absolutely frosty here today, but I still haven't had to put the heat on.  Evidently somebody below me in this building is producing a lot of hot air. ;)

So your downstairs neighbor is a politician? :P

That's entirely possible. We do have some local lights living here, one of whom is a TV producer I think. He was our neighbourhood association rep. for a while too; so, I expect he has no difficulty speaking up for himself. ;)

Meanwhile, it's quite frosty again here today. I left the window open a bit last night; so when I woke up it was a relatively comfortable 68 F (20 C), or at least, comfortable for me, anyway. :D
The Untold Doctor Who

- S.C.L. Eiler

bonnie
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
We had snowfall and a big drop in temps here. It's been in the single digits and the wind chill well below zero. Many schools were closed for two days this week because it's just been too cold for the kids. Today it's sunny, but still pretty cold.

:cold: :cold: :cold:

StitchInTime
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
It's warming up here. In fact, compared with what it's been recently, the radio announcer quipped that it was a practically 'tropical' 25 F today, with a wind chill of only about 15 F, vs. previously, when it was more like -4 and -20 F respectively.
The Untold Doctor Who

- S.C.L. Eiler

StitchInTime
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
Wow! The snow drifts were piled up high on my balcony today, and I've heard the traffic has been a nightmare today. The wind chill is supposed to be about -20 F tonight. This is definitely looking like February, and causing havoc in my head. Last night at work I was talking like Marvin: "Global warming? Don't talk to me about global warming. You think you have problems. It's cold, it's snowing, and I've got a headache the size of a planet." :dry:
The Untold Doctor Who

- S.C.L. Eiler

StitchInTime
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
Wow! Whatever happened to real winter? :blink:
The Untold Doctor Who

- S.C.L. Eiler

StitchInTime
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
That's it, winter's over, temperatures creeping back up to summertime values again around here today.
The Untold Doctor Who

- S.C.L. Eiler

StitchInTime
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
Oops, looks like it's not there yet, but projected to be by tomorrow.
The Untold Doctor Who

- S.C.L. Eiler

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Place For Anything Else · Next Topic »
Add Reply