Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to WhoOnEarthISTomBaker?. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Forum Housekeeping
Topic Started: Feb 28 2011, 10:01 PM (1,395 Views)
Hypatia
Member Avatar
Heart_Of_TOM
Hi, all:

I've been noticing some threads getting posted in the wrong forums, and a lot of older threads with dead image links. So I plan to do some tidying up - if you suddenly can't find a thread and I've forgotten to leave a link or other message about it, please ask in this thread.

Posted ImageWho can say where the road goes, where the day flows -- only time ~ Enya

[align=center]Posted Image "This is another fine forum you've landed us in, Doctor!"[/align]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Doomey
Member Avatar
time agent
Hypatia,Feb 28 2011
10:01 PM
Hi, all:

I've been noticing some threads getting posted in the wrong forums, and a lot of older threads with dead image links. So I plan to do some tidying up - if you suddenly can't find a thread and I've forgotten to leave a link or other message about it, please ask in this thread.

Would it be possible to merge some forums too? For example General Who discussion and Your Who Stories, can go into one sub section?

Posted Image

Hypatia
Member Avatar
Heart_Of_TOM
Sure, that can be done.

BTW, there are a lot of dead image links in the old caption threads. So we have the captions, but not the pictures they go with. Now would be a good time to figure out if you've still got those and what their current links are.

Any more suggestions for reorganization? Feel free to post them! :bye:
Posted ImageWho can say where the road goes, where the day flows -- only time ~ Enya

[align=center]Posted Image "This is another fine forum you've landed us in, Doctor!"[/align]

toms no 1 fan
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
:biggrin: ok thanks hypatia

wombat
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
Any chance you could do this with the plastic containers in my pantry?

In all seriousness, thanks. We were due for some tidying.
"Go on, ask me why! Ask me!"

"Save the bickering until we're out of here!"

Doomey
Member Avatar
time agent
Hypatia,Mar 1 2011
07:34 AM
Sure, that can be done.

BTW, there are a lot of dead image links in the old caption threads. So we have the captions, but not the pictures they go with. Now would be a good time to figure out if you've still got those and what their current links are.

Any more suggestions for reorganization? Feel free to post them! :bye:

to be honest I don't have the patience to go through the posts and edit where required. So your welcome to remove any post I have made that meet this criteria.

Posted Image

Doomey
Member Avatar
time agent
I also feel that maybe the Welcome to the forum bit, and the general chit chat section belong to the same parent forum.

Posted Image

Hypatia
Member Avatar
Heart_Of_TOM
Okay... first bit of tidying has been done.

From now on, PLEASE POST ALL BIRTHDAY, ANNIVERSARY, & HOLIDAY THREADS IN THE PARTY FORUM.

This will help us find them more easily.

wombat
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
Hyp - you're wonderful. Thanks very much.

:wombathug:

Marcello Cristiano
Member Avatar
Heart_Of_TOM
Thank you for the heads up, Hypatia! :dochat: The place already looks neater. :grin: Keep up the excellent work! :bye:
"Look at the sky-it's not dark, and black, and without character. The black is in fact deep blue. And over there, lighter blue. And blowing through the blueness and the blackness, the wind swirling through the air-and then, shining, burning, bursting through the stars! Can't you see how they roar their light?Everywhere we look, the complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes."

Vincent Van Gogh
actor Tony Curran
'Vincent and the Doctor'
(2010)

Doomey
Member Avatar
time agent
Marcello Cristiano,Mar 3 2011
01:25 AM
Thank you for the heads up, Hypatia! :dochat: The place already looks neater. :grin: Keep up the excellent work! :bye:

:k9: ditto.

Posted Image

Gold Usher
Soul_Of_TOM
I'm glad someone is domesticated around here to neaten things up.
I'm certainly not :imfao:
Doctor Partner surprised me the other day by clearing off my desk.
(not usually a good thing to do -- upsets me greatly!)
"We joked that in the future, when you were born you would be assigned a telephone number and if you didn't answer the phone, you were dead"

Martin Cooper-inventor of the mobile phone

wombat
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
Gold Usher,Mar 7 2011
01:30 PM
I'm glad someone is domesticated around here to neaten things up.
I'm certainly not :imfao:
Doctor Partner surprised me the other day by clearing off my desk.
(not usually a good thing to do -- upsets me greatly!)

Isn't the cleaning of desks one of the reasons why labs have powerful tails? :imfao:

Gold Usher
Soul_Of_TOM
Actually they're great for cleaning the coffee tables, hearth and helping to take down the Christmas tree. It's Nicholas who is uber efficient on the desk...he's a terrific paper shredder. He has ripping paper down to a science and always picks on the most important ones first. :doh:
"We joked that in the future, when you were born you would be assigned a telephone number and if you didn't answer the phone, you were dead"

Martin Cooper-inventor of the mobile phone

pattie anne
Member Avatar
Administrator
ta, hypatia :dochat:

when we moved back i tried to update everything ... but a board left alone has a tendancy to ... well, you know. :pfight:

:thumb2: thanks for all your hard work. it is most appreciated. :thumb:

dirk told me he and the FM are reworking the Fan community at TOM's Place, so i guess this means that spring has begun to sprung everywhere.

:smile28:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Forum Business · Next Topic »
Add Reply