Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to WhoOnEarthISTomBaker?. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Torchwood Thoughts?
Topic Started: Aug 19 2011, 02:47 PM (520 Views)
Doomey
Member Avatar
time agent
WHY??? WHY??? WHY?? So far I feel like the series has been completely ruined, though I am not saying the show is awful by any shadow of the imagination, but then it isnt great, or even close to mediocre. Some moments are totally cringe worthy (American to English translator segment , meant to be funny, almost had me throwing tv through window)

although to be fair the show does have some moments that are REALLY good, sadly like most shows (not necessarily american) the good stuff is usually held onto until moments from the show telling you whats going to happen next week.

So yeah, thats my thoughts, anyone else watching through gritted teeth? :angrymob:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gold Usher
Soul_Of_TOM
It finally kicked it up several notches this week with episode 6 at least for me.
I have no trouble with the back and forth between CA and Wales but I know Doctor Partner would get lost on that in the first 5 minutes. But I did spot one flaw...if Max is filming his discovery that he just figured out (unfortunately) why is Gwen telling the doctor in UK that the place is a concentration camp that's 'fully functional' (spoilers!) if Max is still in a lock-down situation? I viewed that as happening at the same time without her having any knowlege of what was going on in California.

Guess I'll have to see it again a little closer.
"We joked that in the future, when you were born you would be assigned a telephone number and if you didn't answer the phone, you were dead"

Martin Cooper-inventor of the mobile phone

JayBee
Member Avatar
Heart_Of_TOM
I have to admit that I've been rather wishy-washy about the series up until the 7th episode which I watched last night. It has seemed to be rather drawn out with a lot of filler. I agree, Doomey, that there have been some terrific moments, but it's also been horribly boring at times as well.

AT LAST, in the 7th episode we finally get an inkling of who is behind Miracle Day. I think they could have done it in two or three less episodes, though.

Here's hoping that they've been building this up to a really good ending. I'd hate to be left flat at the end after having been dragged kicking and screaming thru the rest of it.
Posted Image

Gold Usher
Soul_Of_TOM
Just watched #7....

Well that was certainly 'different'.

Either Mr Barrowman is a very good actor or he didn't have to do much but be himself in this one.

"We joked that in the future, when you were born you would be assigned a telephone number and if you didn't answer the phone, you were dead"

JayBee
Member Avatar
Heart_Of_TOM
Gold Usher,Aug 27 2011
09:58 PM
Just watched #7....

Well that was certainly 'different'.

Either Mr Barrowman is a very good actor or he didn't have to do much but be himself in this one.

It's not the first time, though, that we've seen Captain Jack in flagrante delecto. I don't really think that all the gory details are THAT necessary to the telling of the story.

Whatever happened to "clinch -- fade out -- fade back in when it's all over"?
Posted Image

Gold Usher
Soul_Of_TOM
Watched "Utopia" yesterday where Captn Jack hitches a ride to the end of the universe on the side of the TARDIS.

And he tells Doc 10 how he got shot in 1892 at Ellis Island but after that never be able to die. So all the backstory is finally revealed that he told briefly even before Torchwood Miracle Day was done. And apparently it was Rose who gave him that ability when she resurrected him after looking into the heart of the TARDIS.

So now it makes more sense.....

StitchInTime
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
Gold Usher,Apr 2 2012
03:58 PM
And apparently it was Rose who gave him that ability when she resurrected him after looking into the heart of the TARDIS.

So now it makes more sense.....

In what way is this new information, as we saw it happen in the last episode of the first season of the new DW, The Parting of the Ways. Elsewhere (although I can't remember which DW episode it was) Captain Jack is killed again and comes back. Plus he is identified as being the virtually immortal Face of Boe.
The Untold Doctor Who

As Wide as the Infinite Sky

:sssmob:

Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish! What's a StitchInTime?
It is a wrinkle, a glitch, a hitch, an irrepressible hangnail in the fabric of space-time that can't be clipped.
- S.C.L. Eiler

When the moose shows up on your doorstep, we'll know that all is lost. - wombat (June 11, 2007)

Brigadier: You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets. (Robot)

Sarah Jane (about the Fourth Doctor): He sometimes talks to himself, mostly because he's the only person who knows what he's talking about. (The Ark in Space)

Gold Usher
Soul_Of_TOM
Just for giggles....
Going to revisit the TORCHWOOD series starting with season 1 of course.
Didn't see much beyond that other than the specials so this should be interesting.

StitchInTime
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
Enjoy!!! :dochat: :biggrin:

(I haven't seen any of it, but guessed it would likely not be to my liking and so did not attempt to get a hold of any. I still haven't see anything after, The Waters of Mars, of the regular series, except for season 1 of Capaldi--thanks again--you know who you are. :dochat: )

The Untold Doctor Who

It is a wrinkle, a glitch, a hitch, an irrepressible hangnail in the fabric of space-time that can't be clipped.
- S.C.L. Eiler

When the moose shows up on your doorstep, we'll know that all is lost. - wombat (June 11, 2007)

Brigadier: You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets. (Robot)

Sarah Jane (about the Fourth Doctor): He sometimes talks to himself, mostly because he's the only person who knows what he's talking about. (The Ark in Space)

Gold Usher
Soul_Of_TOM
We watched two episodes last night - Chris Chibnall who is now in charge of Doctor Who wrote the second one and it was quite good. Torchwood is more adult than DW so will be interested to how that goes. Getting ready to set up computer to the tv screen right now for #3 and #4.

StitchInTime
Member Avatar
Soul_Of_TOM
Well, that's it you see, I like classic DW because it was supposedly for the very young at heart, so to speak, as opposed to much of what else was on and I needed a break from all that, so-called, adult entertainment. Funny that, how so much of what is referred to as adult entertainment seems completely childish, superficial and frivolous from my point of view; whereas, I think of the other as being the more mature version, having more substance, less froth.

AnyWHO, have fun! :dochat:
The Untold Doctor Who

- S.C.L. Eiler

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Torchwood · Next Topic »
Add Reply