Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
WWE vs. TNA Lawsuit Update
Topic Started: Jun 2 2012, 10:04 AM (12 Views)
Krysys
Member Avatar
Straight Edge Admin
[ * ]
-- NashvilleChanceryInfo.org reports that the hearing this Monday is a "status conference" which is to see how the parties are progressing and if they need more time, if both parties are complying with the terms of the injunction, or may require depositions or sworn statements from the involved parties.

The judge presiding over the hearting is Judge Ellen Hobbs.

ORIGINAL: WWE has filed a motion with the court yesterday in Nashville, asking for a hearing on June 4 (Monday) to discuss several issues about the lawsuit that TNA filed against them last week. They agreed and the hearing will be at 1:30 in Nashville.

WWE said that even though the court has allowed a Temporary Restraining Order and expedited discovered in the suit, WWE and TNA have been unable to agree to the order, location and dates for the depositions. They also said that John Laurinaitis, who is scheduled to be deposed, is scheduled for "previously advertised and committed television appearances" in the United States and Spain next week. He is also scheduled on the hearing for the temporary injunction order meeting on June 11.

WWE said that because of the court's deadlines, they are worried "they will be unable to adequately prepare" for the June 11 hearing and will not be able to follow the expedited Discovery Order "without considerable inconvenience and expense".

Jerry McDevitt has filed paperwork to represent WWE. Brian Wittenstein, the former WWE and TNA employee who is also being sued, hasn't responded to the court or had a legal representative file paperwork saying they will defend him.
Posted Image
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · WWE News · Next Topic »
Add Reply

script