No spamming, this includes:
- posts that have three words and below
- Posting a massive amounts in one go in order to only add onto your post count and not add discussion (AKA Post Farming)
- Posts with irrelevancy such as immense usage of similes and or pictures.
- Double-posting repeatedly. Double-posting is defined as posting directly after yourself within the span of 2 hours.
- If a topic is at least two months old then by all means renew the topic by making a new one.
- Additional words in brackets, known as spam blocks, eg. (Not Spam) or (To get over word limit) do not count towards word limits, and as such the post will still be known as spam.
We will remove all spam posts. If the violation of this rule is repeated we will issue warns, you will be verbally warned before you are warned via private message.
No Flaming, no one wants to be insulted or devastated, this also includes complete hate speech, with very strict minimal exceptions in the debate forum, it is one thing to say " Christianity is flawed " but to say " I hate Christians " is too extreme. If flaming is posted upon we will issue a verbal warn and if continuation of the rule is violated you will be issued warns. All flame reports will be judged by staff.
Pornographic images, stories, or links will be thoroughly investigated by our staff, and if we find that it was intentional, an instant ban will be put on the person that posted the offensive material.
- Please note that the Hangout forum follows a set of more lenient rules, and with provided disclaimers, topics are allowed, to a limited extent, to host such content, provided it is not an image.
Discussion of Banned Members:
Discussion of banned members is not permitted outside of the appeals forum. Topics about banned members will result in immediate closure or deletion. Offhand references within replies are allowed at a minimal level.
Extra accounts are defined as an account made by a person that has already made one prior for any purpose. They are not allowed under any circumstance. Making a second account or multiple accounts will result in an ip ban and the deletion of the second account. This rule applies to both members and staff.
The debate forum is for debating, not posting your opinion and rage quitting when you get criticized for it. At least try to defend your position, or say that you’d rather not get into a debate over it, this includes vast controversial topics that may not be suitable for the faint heart, enter on your own risk. The Flaming rule still applies.
We have staff here to patrol the forums and look for any rule breakers, and it can be very annoying for both the staff and members if a member does the mod's job. If you see a rule break, don't be afraid to report them! The post will be removed and verbal warns will be issued and repeat offenders warned.
Stealing content owned by individuals will not be allowed. Most models today are made from scratch and therefore copyright laws can take effect. please make sure if you are to use someones work for example like art, 3D work or of the sort please give credit and tell them, if we find out it is not respectfully yours you will be issued a warn.
The types harassment there are in the eyes of the rules are as listed:
- Asking for release dates.
- Asking for the designer to "donate" you a download they're working on.
- Asking through PM for unreleased content.
- Comparing designer's ability. (This may also fall under flaming)
If you feel like you have been warned unfairly then please, by all means PM a Staff member, we will help find a solution.
-The Official Protocol of Consequences-
- Step 1
Member is given verbal warning for breaking the rules.
- Step 2
If a rule is broken again, the member gets their warning raised once.
- Step 4
Member is open to an appeal if the reason why they were banned isn't serious
Replacing Staff / Staff Sponsored Polls & Elections.
Staff Replacement isn't simply dictated by the Administration. If staff retire or there is a need by the staff for a new staff member there are democratic checks that must be accounted for when doing so. We believe in a staff where the members can decide who wins is a far more fair and friendly one because it is people the members chose. For certain staff there are different ways of selection.
- Administrators: When an Administrator steps down the entire staff gets together and votes for their preferred replacement. The former Admin allowed to endorse a successor to run against any challenger(s) for that seat of office. (It is to be noted that Root Admin is a rank only handed out by site owners.)
- Moderator: When a moderator steps down (So long as there is an agreed upon need of a new staff member in the staff room) an election is to be called and put forth to the members of ZTV. Candidate selection is to be started with a due period of time (More then 12 hours) for Members to apply for a place on the ballot. (If a Forum Moderator applies to run then he/she must have a running mate to fill the void in their prior position should they win. If a VIP runs for a position as Moderator then they have the option to declare a replacement VIP. However it is not required.)
After the application period is up the names are immediately put in a Poll where 3 Candidates are chosen by voters. The length of time for a Primary is up to the discretion of the Individual managing the election, It must only be fair for everyone's vote to be counted.
Once the Primary has ended the Results are to be put in the Election Archive in the General Discussion section and the General Election is to occur immediately after. General Elections must take place for a day at the least so as to allow enough time for all members able to vote to do so. Once the General election has completed a winner is declared and immediately promoted to their duely won position. No exceptions.
*If voter fraud is suspected then the perpetrator shall by duely punished under the multiple accounts provision of the rules.
Positions not voted on:
- Forum moderator is an Admin appointed position. Who they are and what they moderate is up to the discretion of the Administration.
- VIP is a group reserved for retired staff.
Opinion polls can be held by both the Staff and by regular members. Polls by staff are more regulated though. If it a straw poll on Approval Ratings every Admin, Moderator, and Forum Moderator must be listed for vote. Regular members may also hold their own Opinion polls and Straw polls as ways of gaining support for proposals to the staff (ie: unpopular staff members, site changes, ect). Staff interference is prohibited unless polls are in some way obstructive to the site or targeting another member personally based on circumstances.
This is the procedure all members and staff will follow, equal treatment, no exceptions.