Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Datalounge Question
Topic Started: Sep 23 2012, 07:28 PM (834 Views)
Bali Hai
Unregistered

First off, I'm nor quite sure exactly where I'm going with this.

Does it seem the threads being started there are not by the paid folks but rather by the Webmasters themselves? They seem to be pushing a common premise there. Not random starters from the 'Loungers. Seems like the owners are trying to prop up a dying concept. Even without PT, the DL is slow and void of imagination. Other boards, ours included, seem to have only a hand full of posters.

I know it is supposed to be bitchy, but the WEHO elder gay thread is really offensive. Worse than the Frau threads or children hating. Just my two cents.
Quote Post Goto Top

Tybee
Member Avatar

I gave up trying to figure out the M/O of Datalounge years ago. Nothing I ever came up with ended up making any sense because as soon as I thought I had figured out what they were up to something would happen that would completely destroy that idea. The only thing I'm relatively sure about is that the moderator (or moderators) clearly have an agenda which is not necessarily a bad thing, except their agenda seems to be "do everything possible to make as many people as possible leave the forum".
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Well, I'm interested in politics. This is such an important time. So only the poll troll thread holds much interest. And maybe it hit a bit too close to home, but the elder gay threads are not bitchy nor funny nor clever. They are meant to wound. Yeah., I know, that word.

I did enjoy the "where are they now" thread. Like a history book of the past fifteen years of DL. Gone, but not forgotten!
Quote Post Goto Top

Tybee
Member Avatar

I may be wrong but the average age level of the typical DL'er seems to have decreased drastically in the last few years. The kids aren't interested in any of the experiences us old timers had before many of them were even born. They think they've got it all figured out, and if they haven't already heard about it or experienced it, it must not be true or worth listening to. Of course in 25 years when they see that little of what they thought they knew was valid it'll be a different matter, and by then they'll be complaining about how the younger set doesn't want to hear anything they have to say. It's a vicious circle! :lol

Unregistered

bitchy, clever, elder, wounding thread wound around our hearts.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mrs Patrick Campbell
Member Avatar

Datalounge is a NWO propoganda machine designed to direct homosexuals to NWO-speak and NWO-think.

Most, if not all, propaganda machines are CIA run, and are financed nearly 100% with money extorted at gunpoint(aka IRS) from YOU, the tax-sucker!
Edited by Mrs Patrick Campbell, Sep 24 2012, 12:54 PM.

Unregistered

Speaking of eldergays...MrsPatrickCampbell, have I told you what a crazy bitch you are lately? I don't believe I have.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Most Dateloungers have 4x4 drive
Quote Post Goto Top

ex data lounger
Unregistered

I used to post on DL but found out the moderators manipulate and outright censor the posts. If you are not moving a thread according to their pre approved scripts they will actually reject your post. I had my first post rejected. At first I thought it was server error than the post was rejected over and over. Then I submitted a second post along the lines they wanted the thread to go and volia post was accepted. I think they are probably three guys running the Datalounge and they post 90% of the posts.They respond to your legitimate posts and actually answer their own bogus ones. They assume personas and manipulate the threads. Can't believe anyone would pay to be a member of Datalounge,actually pay to play their rigged game. I did not. Pointless bitchery is ok but censored manipulative bitchery is fascist. I've blocked their sites cookies and won't be back. :loser I'm gonna try Zatalounge :wink
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The variety of threads was pretty good until about 2008 or so. When I noticed obvious trolls were posting while the more clever ESTs were getting banned, I figured something was up. There was a really innocuous thread about embarrassing moments that had a story someone told about getting drunk and knocking the host's Weber grill into the pool that was hilarious, and they deleted the whole thread for no reason.

People have all manner of theories about it, but the most accurate theory is the one OP referred to, that DL has a specific agenda or type of poster they want to attract and delete things that don't fit into that agenda. When they deleted the archives, including the original 9/11 thread, I knew the place was a goner.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image
Edited by Tybee, Apr 2 2013, 02:24 PM.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I think it started out noble enough. In the olden days, the site attracted so many deranged trolls, there had to be a separate F&F forum just to sift through all the crap. Trolls back then were nasty right wing homophobes who would post repeatedly in all caps, things like "DIE FAGGOTS DIE!" Back then, the site moved so fast that clicking refresh would put an entirely new list of thread titles on page 1. There were also like 273 pages of threads (not 30). So a lot of stuff had to be filtered.

But then I think a handful of people over there (webbie, moderator, hall monitors, whatever) started power tripping. Instead of someone who was truly being threatening, hateful, and disruptive, a "troll" eventually came to mean anyone who disagreed with the above, or who posted a thread outside their own worldview.

It started with the Prancing Pony and soap threads (I never personally got the hate on those--it's like the Frank Ocean thread here. If you're not into it, bypass the thread). Then it was politics (I got banned for the first time in 2008 just for posting something pro-Hillary). Then it just spiralled out of control.

There are some truly deranged control freaks over there who have worked so hard to eliminate anything in their broad definition of trolling, that the site is now all but destroyed. Pay to post. Trolldar (when the original redtag was more fun and quite adequate). Prime Time. All bullshit tactics that have left almost no one posting. Webbie put huge chunks of Europe on PT just to keep me from posting, but how many people did he throw out like the baby with the bathwater?

It takes no amount of imagination now to figure out only a handful of queens are posting. The place is always in PT now, and 90% of the threads are being bumped from 2010/2011. Seriously. Open some random threads and you'll see that's the case.

People wonder why I'm decent over here and shitty at DL. This is why. There is almost no one over there worth being nice to anymore. That's why I used it as a platform to drive blog traffic. The site is worthless.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Back in the day if you needed a good laugh, go read the F & F forum.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Apr 2 2013, 10:12 AM
Back in the day if you needed a good laugh, go read the F & F forum.
I agree. I actually miss it.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 2 2013, 03:14 AM
Edited by webmaster to reduce size of image
Now it's too hard to read, which is the whole point of it. It's not a photo.
Quote Post Goto Top

Tybee
Member Avatar

Yes, I imagine laptop users may have had a hard time reading that. I've put the old image back.

Unregistered

lol@r11.......thank you
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

That user's manual was posted at DL months ago. Threads and posts got deleted pretty fast once it was discovered, but it stayed up for a while and much discussion was had.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Perhaps I was naive, but I was surprised to see how manipulative DL moderators have become.Notice how any reference to anyone... male or female under 55 winds up getting the "witty" retort "She/He's a whore dear." Surprised moderator doesnt address the few actual posters as "Mary" The whole DL site is very cutting edge gay.... circa 1965.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 2 2013, 03:14 AM
Posted Image
spot on :wag
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

holy fuck! it's just like they wrote it. not that they would ever be that honest but if youve ever been there you know the stuff on the list is exactly what they do. it's like propaganda. why do they do it and what are they up to?

like it says, it's all about number 17 I guess
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Was that Datalounge spoof done by the same person who did the DL video?

It displays the same sophistication of wit (that is, very little) and Persecution Complex.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

R22 = DL minion.

The site sucks, cupcake. And you have only the webbie and those like you to blame.

Now back to your ever-shrinking, cat poo-filled sandbox.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Just when I think you can't be any more tedious, you trot out the same tiresome crap yet one more time . . .

Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Apr 3 2013, 03:34 PM
Just when I think you can't be any more tedious, you trot out the same tiresome crap yet one more time . . .

Please notify Alanis Morissette immediately. We have an example of true irony for her here.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I see that the position for someone to write something actually witty for you remains open . . .
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Apr 3 2013, 04:01 PM
I see that the position for someone to write something actually witty for you remains open . . .
The position for nasty cunt has been filled, however.
Quote Post Goto Top

Alanis
Unregistered

Pollyanna Prisspot, School Marm
Apr 3 2013, 04:04 PM
There it is! That thing that I was looking for...
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Alanis
Apr 3 2013, 05:41 PM
Pollyanna Prisspot, School Marm
Apr 3 2013, 04:04 PM
There it is! That thing that I was looking for...
Well played.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Meanwhile, in the real world . . .
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Miss Pollyanna Piss Pot thinks she is the SOLUTION to DL , but she is actually the problem.

I hate that Borderline Personality, needy, "Look at me!" cunt.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 3 2013, 02:55 PM
Was that Datalounge spoof done by the same person who did the DL video?

It displays the same sophistication of wit (that is, very little) and Persecution Complex.
LOL..Granny you would say that. You know the DL emperors have no clothes and have been running around babbling to themselves for years. You three bitter republicunt self-loathing relics have created a moribund DL world with no one but yourselves left to inhabit it. You have cyber masturbated yourselves to death. We the living, have walked out on your sad little ventriloquest act... leaving you only the dummies.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 3 2013, 02:33 PM
like it says, it's all about number 17 I guess
For them it is. Unfortunately I think we have a couple of rule 17ers on this forum, but at least it's modded rationally so they can't have people banned.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

BTW, Hello Datalounge Webmaster. I know you check this place because you're obsessive about others discussing you. What's your name again? Is that you at #22?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Hey dataounge freaks. I know you're lurking. The stench of you is in the other thread.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 4 2013, 02:46 AM
Hey dataounge freaks. I know you're lurking. The stench of you is in the other thread.
you mean in the Andrew Trischitta thread?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Yes, exactly. If you've ever seen a natural normal young guy posted as eye candy at DL, you know that those old prissy types go into a regular hissyfit cause they don't want reality crashing in on their fantasy that they work so hard to construct -- that some old orange-skinned balloon boobs is sexaay.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 4 2013, 03:16 AM
Yes, exactly. If you've ever seen a natural normal young guy posted as eye candy at DL, you know that those old prissy types go into a regular hissyfit cause they don't want reality crashing in on their fantasy that they work so hard to construct -- that some old orange-skinned balloon boobs is sexaay.
why?? they need to change their mentality, sure Andrew is a twink but he's a hot twink, sucks he's straight or maybe he isn't
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

he's definitely hot. look at that trail under his bellybutton

lol at "balloon boobs" above. i bet datalouge wm works hard on his baloon boobs
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 4 2013, 03:28 AM
he's definitely hot. look at that trail under his bellybutton

lol at "balloon boobs" above. i bet datalouge wm works hard on his baloon boobs
andrew's bellybutton???
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 4 2013, 03:31 AM
andrew's bellybutton???
huh? no those 2 comments are not related. andrew = hot. DL webmaster = not.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Somebody should post a link to this thread on DL. Or better yet, flood every thread you can with the users manual.
Are there still pics of the webmaster online somewhere? I remember a year ago there were several making fun of him. In one he was lying on the floor with a bunch of fat guys in beige leotards.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Apr 3 2013, 11:01 PM
Miss Pollyanna Piss Pot thinks she is the SOLUTION to DL , but she is actually the problem.

I hate that Borderline Personality, needy, "Look at me!" cunt.
Yes. A couple of authenticated posters are the downfall of DL, but the control freaks who delete threads for no reason, ban willy-nilly, and have round the clock PT--which prevents countless people from all over the world from posting--are faultless.

Keep telling yourself that, toots.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apr 4 2013, 03:32 AM
Apr 4 2013, 03:31 AM
andrew's bellybutton???
huh? no those 2 comments are not related. andrew = hot. DL webmaster = not.
oh okay... I do like that treasure trail of Andrew's
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply