We've moved! If you're looking for a place to roleplay, check out a more recent venture: the Collective Isles. It's another play-by-post forum roleplay like this one. The game is set in a multiverse full of life, magic, adventure, and its own brand of chaos. Players can even submit applications for their own worlds, adding to the scope of the setting. There's no limit to character advancement; as long as you continue to participate, your character will learn and grow. Character development and interaction are as important to our community as the epic adventures which await. We're welcoming roleplayers of all experience levels, including first-timers. Stop by and say hello: http://forum.collectiveisles.info You can also visit us in IRC! Server: us.darkmyst.org (or eu.darkmyst.org) Channel: #collectiveisles
|These can also be found on the forum.
* Read all of the rules listed here before posting!
* This is a roleplaying forum. All posts outside the news and system information section must be in character. Extremely minimal out of character notes are permitted in parentheses for dice rolling, noting actions taken, and so forth, but ideally, these communications should be handled through private messages or the general discussion forum.
* Characters must be approved before they are allowed to participate. See the character sheet format (in the applications forum) for information about what's expected of applications. Post your character's application in the character applications forum with his or her name as the subject and the character sheet as the body. Do not post in other characters' applications. Once approved, do not post replies to another character's profiles. You may add replies to your own for organization purposes. Significant changes to character backgrounds, personality descriptions, and so on must be reapproved.
* If your character application is rejected by an administrator, all reasons for rejection listed by the administrator must be corrected before the application will be reviewed again. If a problem arises within an approved character profile, administrative action may be taken without notice to correct the issue.
* Read all threads in the Elder Library forum prior to submitting a character application. Reading all of the abilities is not required, but it is recommended. Also read over the character sheet carefully, double check your math, and direct any questions to an administrator (Sorai Kelldar or Elita Eleos).
* Technology operates very differently in Sanctuary, often utilizing magic as a driving force. For example, refrigerators are called ice boxes and operate using a chilling enchantment. In Lydina Kingdom, things like magic light bulbs are common, but in the Elven Boundaries, they are virtually nonexistent. Consult an administrator if you have questions about technology. Firearms as they exist in our world do not exist in Sanctuary. Cannons are available, but they are powered using a magic propulsion system.
* Characters are not invincible or omniscient at any level. Between consenting players, it is acceptable to skip dice rolls in favor of a predetermined outcome, but no character dodges, hits, or succeeds at anything every time. When dice rolls are enforced, attempts to change the outcome of one's roll by adding excessive offsets, trying to edit posts to get different results, or in any other manner are prohibited. Unfortunate things happen to characters when this is noticed.
* As a courtesy to others, if you take a leave of absence, please write your character out of any active threads in a reasonable manner whenever possible. At the very least, post something in the general discussion forum or message an administrator so we know what to do with your character. If posting is delayed excessively as a result of an unannounced absence, we will do our best to gently work around it by having your character kidnapped by trolls or something.
* Characters may participate in multiple threads as long as they're not chronologically concurrent. That is, one thread must be designated explicitly as taking place before the other, and all parties involved must keep up to date on both threads to avoid inconsistencies. If this poses a problem, feel free to submit multiple character applications.
* Avoid long-running threads when possible. If you're all posting actively and manage to fill up fifty pages in a week, that's fine. Threads running longer than a month tend to be slowly dying, however. Since levels and rewards are given at the end of threads, very long threads pose problems from a gameplay standpoint; characters' strengths are no longer accurately reflected. Also, since concurrent threads are possible, this problem inevitably gives rise to never-ending threads days or weeks in the past... Trust us, having several five page threads works better than one that's fifty pages long.
* Try to maintain some level of fluency and effort in every post. Proper grammar is not enforced, but it is highly recommended. If we can't even understand your character application, there's no way we can approve you. If you only have one line of text to post, it's probably not worth posting. Short posts are acceptable during lengthy conversations, but it doesn't hurt to have your character gesture, move around, or observe something.
* No advertising other websites and forums. If you want to link to your site, there's a homepage option in your profile.
* All Zetaboards rules and policies apply here. We don't tolerate illegal activity, excessive profanity, or racist or otherwise discriminatory comments.
* Rules are subject to change. The administrative team may add, remove, or modify rules at any time, including gameplay mechanics. Changes will be announced in some form.
If you have any suggestions for changes to the current set of rules, please notify Sorai Kelldar directly. I welcome your input.