Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Visit these great anti-Madonna sites:

Madonna Blows Chunks: An Anti-Madonna Blog / Site (NEW!)

Madonna Blows Chunks: An Anti-Madonna Site (site closed as of May 2017)

madonnasuxx's Anti Madonna Site (Internet Archive)

Help us keep ads off our board!

Add us to your bookmarks!
(works in FireFox and Internet Explorer)
Please read the Discussion Board Rules before joining the board!
New Madonna haters: Come introduce yourself!
Board Help & Updates

Stop Forum Spam

Full List of Emoticons
Thread Indexes:

One Stop Index Thread | Persons | Subjects A - L | Subjects M - Z | Aisha's Lawsuit

Life Universe Everything Forum Index

Barf-inducing Madonna links or news -

Flea on Twitter: @fleadip / Link to Flea's Twitter Page | Follow admin Melissa on Twitter @melissatreglia

BREAKING & IMPORTANT MADONNA-RELATED NEWS:

See the "Shout Box" Section at the bottom of the discussion board's main page for the latest anti- Madonna news and links

Welcome to The Anti-Madonna Discussion Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Television Thread; - TV shows, TV related
Topic Started: Jul 10 2005, 05:02 PM (6,524 Views)
flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Maybe Pauly Shore is a nice guy in real life, but as an entertainer? I've never liked his movies. I don't imagine I will be tuning in to watch his new t.v. show.

Excerpt:
Pauly Shore offers $1 to those who don't like show
  • Zap2it.com
    Jul. 7, 2005 05:57 PM

Pauly Shore is so confident that his new TBS series will make you laugh, he's offering a money-back guarantee on it.

Normally, the joke here would be that you wouldn't get any money, since you don't really pay to watch a TV show (OK, maybe watching a half-hour on TBS translates to a penny or two of your monthly cable bill, but you get the idea). But Shore is offering honest-to-goodness legal tender for your time if you don't chuckle at "Minding the Store," which debuts July 17.

... "Minding the Store" follows Shore as he tries to restore the luster to the Comedy Store, the legendary Sunset Strip comedy club owned by his mother, Mitzi, which has fallen on some tough times. It blends some real-life elements with partly scripted, "Curb Your Enthusiasm"-style comedy bits.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissThang
Member Avatar
Ultimate Madonna Hater
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh jeez. He will never go away.

Tonygirl
Member Avatar

Who does he keep sleeping with to stay famous?

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Knight and I started talking about this a little in the Sci-Fi thread, but I thought we'd dedicate a thread solely to tv viewing habits. What shows do you like to watch? Here are some of mine:

Shows I usually watch:

- Law and Order (the original series)
- Law and Order: Sexual Victims Unit

CBS
- CSI (original series)

USA Network (cable channel):
- Monk
- The 4400

Sci Fi Channel (cable channel):
- Star Gate SG1
- Star Gate Atlantis
- Battlestar Galactica (the new series, not the old, 1970s one)

Shows I watch every once in awhile:
- South Park
- Malcolm in the Middle (more so in re-runs than first runs)
- CSI: Miami

Fox cable news
- Brit Hume's Special Report
- O'Reilly Factor (though I don't always agree with the host)

Melissa
Member Avatar
Evil Admin Extraordinaire™

Keep in mind I don't have most of these channels anymore, but I'm including what I watched when I did.

Discovery
-- MythBusters (rarely)

History Channel/A&E
-- various documentaries on the Bible such as "Sex in the Bible" and "Banned from the Bible"

Comedy Central
-- Premium Blend
-- Crank Yankers
-- The Dave Chappelle Show
-- Saturday Night Live (circa mid 80s to early 90s)
-- South Park
-- That's My Bush (which was cancelled in its first season)

Cartoon Network
-- Courage the Cowardly Dog (when I have the time)
-- The Powerpuff Girls
-- Dexter's Laboratory

Animal Planet
-- The World's Funniest Animals

SciFi Channel
-- Stargate SG-1
-- Stargate Atlantis (occasionally)
-- Dark Shadows (when they were airing reruns -- it usually aired immediately before FK, so I'd catch a few minutes before FK started)
-- Forever Knight (when they were airing reruns -- I have the season 1 & 2 DVDs now, and am waiting for Columbia Home Video to release the last season, #3)
-- Farscape (occasionally, before they cancelled it)
-- Ultraviolet (imported 6-episode BBC miniseries, back in '99 -- I have the DVD now)
-- various Star Trek movies
-- the movies Cube and Cube 2: Hypercube
-- Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction (whenever I can catch it -- which isn't often)
-- Seaquest: DSV (re-runs)
-- Andromeda
-- Xena: Warrior Princess
-- Hercules: The Legendary Journies

TNT
-- Charmed
-- Angel

FOX
-- The Simpsons (hardly ever, nowadays)

UPN
-- Star Trek: Voyager

FX
-- Star Trek: The Next Generation

Lifetime
-- The Nanny

Usually, if I'm bored when I can't go online and don't feel like reading a book or playing a video game, I'll flip through channels randomly until I find something interesting.

Mihoshi Marie
Member Avatar
to whom it may concern
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The only show I find truly worth watching is South Park. I love it so much. I might watch True Hollywood Story on E! if the subject is interesting.

Sometimes I tune into the news. I mostly watch movies that come on TV, though. Most TV is so boring to me.

flyingpenguin
Member Avatar
Shanghi-ed Away
[ *  *  * ]
I hardly watch tv anymore. The only shows I definatly watch are 24 and Cold Case. I just watch TV shows on DVD and the ones I taped years ago.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

I forgot PBS.

I sometimes watch "Antiques Road Show" or the "McNeil (spelling?) News Hour."

I used to watch "The McLaughlin (spelling?) Group" from the time I was about 18 years old up until my mid-20s or so.

If I'm on my computer during the day, the t.v. I have by my computer doesn't have cable, so I wind up watching PBS quite a bit, if I want the t.v. on to keep me company as I make web pages.

~ I wind up watching kiddie shows such as "Mya and Miguel" and "Arthur." (It's either that or soap operas, which I find boring.) The sad thing is that the kiddie shows on PBS turn out to be higher quality than some of the crap marketed towards adults these days :laugh:

On weekends, I will sometimes catch "The Victory Garden," various cooking shows, and "This Old House."

Oh - and travel shows. I like the one hosted by Steve 'whatever- his- last name is.' There's another PBS travel show hosted by a British guy, but I don't like that one as much for some reason.

Art shows - including that old '70s one, where the guy talks about painting "happy bushes" and "happy trees."

IF PBS is airing a history show, something about the American Civil War, for example, I'll watch that kind of thing.

VH1

I rarely tune in to watch music videos, but I do enjoy some of their specials from time to times, such as "I Love the 70s."

Every once in a blue moon, I do force myself to watch the 'Top 20 music videos of the week' type show or some such, so that I can keep kind of current as to who the big names are in pop rock, to see who Madonna will be ripping off next.

Tonygirl
Member Avatar

I always have it on, but rarely watch it!
I like different things so it sounds odd.
TV Land is OK when they show Andy Griffith, Bewitched, and I like the Munsters. I like the History Channel, except for the Vegas and Wild West shows. PBS when they show Britcoms. BBC America, Science Channel, the only thing on Lifetime I watch is the Golden Girls, NASCAR races on Sunday with my father in law, sometimes I listen to VH1-Classic, Animal Planet, Travel Channel when they're not showing poker, and Sci-Fi for Twilight Zone, Ghost Hunters, and Beyond Belief.
Oh, and I always see what's on TCM.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Lady Chadwick
Aug 2 2005, 09:45 PM
PBS when they show Britcoms.

Thanks for reminding me! I like those too.

My faves are Keeing Up Appearances and Are You Being Served.

I used to enjoy Faulty Towers (did I spell that right?), but some of the other British t.v. comedies I can do without.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Anyone here catch the new tv show "My Name Is Earl?" I did. I think it comes on NBC.

It was okay. I'll try to watch it again. Overall, the show was just so-so, but there were a couple of parts that made me laugh aloud.

MissThang
Member Avatar
Ultimate Madonna Hater
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I like it!

I LOVE "Everybody Hates Chris". Now that is an awesome show!

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

:evilbat: :jack: :frank: :jack: :witch: :jack:

Seein' as how we're getting close to Halloween, I thought we could have a thread about upcoming scary movies on TV, where we could list them, and of course, y'all are welcome to talk about them.

If you have cable t.v., the Sci-Fi channel is doing something starting next Wednesday (if I'm not mistaken) called "13 Days to Halloween" or something. If I understood their promo correctly, I guess they will be running a different scary movie every day 'til Oct 31.

They've also been airing ads for a movie (I presume it's a made for TV movie) that will air this Saturday called -- well, it's got the phrase "Dead" in it ('The Living Dead?'), it's a zombie flick. I think it's supposed to be a sequel of sorts to the Living Dead film that came out in theaters a year or two ago.

You can find more upcoming horror films listed on Sci Fi's home page.

:evilbat: :jack: :frank: :jack: :witch: :jack:

Melissa
Member Avatar

Is it House of the Dead? Or Return Of The Living Dead: Rave To The Grave?

Anyway, last year I watched the television premiere of the Queen of the Damned movie (I don't remember what channel it was on, but I think it was TNT). And I couldn't get over the fact that Aaliyah (who plays the title character) had an accent in the movie that made her sound Russian when the character she was playing is actually an Egyptian queen who becomes the Mother of all vampires.

How much do you wanna bet they'll show QotD again this year?

And though this isn't quite related to the topic, I would like to see the Hercules mini-series airing on the Scifi Channel on the 16th & 17th, as well as the Ghost Hunters marathon on the 19th.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Yep, it's 'Rave to the Grave' - and it comes on tonight.

Before that (also today), the Sci-Fi channel is showing a film called something like "Return of the Living Dead Necropolis." And before that, they're showing "Return of the Living Dead 3."

My TV Guide in the paper only starts at about 5:00 pm (I was too lazy to look at the regular TV Guide that comes in the Sunday paper), so these zombie flicks on Sci-Fi might be an all-day thing, I'm not sure; there might be one on right now.

Again, this all airs today, so if you like scary movies, you may want to turn your TV on to Sci-Fi today.

BTW, every Friday on cable, "AMC" (American Movie Channel) does something called "Fright Friday," or whatever, where they show three or so scary movies back to back starting around 10:00 p.m.

The quality varies ... they usually pick 'okay' scary movies to 'really good,' but every so often, AMC will show an awful one in that block, a real dog.

For instance, a week or two ago, I had tuned in to AMC's 'Friday fright fest,' only to find they were screening an old comedy (like from 1968) of Frankenstein. Usually when I tune in to a scary movie, I want to be scared, I don't want a comedy!

I'm sure that as we get closer to Halloween, we'll probably also start seeing the usual Halloween specials, like CBS's 'Charlie Brown Halloween,' where all he gets are rocks in his 'trick or treat' bag. :laugh:
Quote:

And I couldn't get over the fact that Aaliyah (who plays the title character) had an accent in the movie that made her sound Russian when the character she was playing is actually an Egyptian queen who becomes the Mother of all vampires.
Yeah, I've seen "Queen of the Damned." Either my sister or my ex-fiance' picked up a DVD copy and that's how I got to see it.

I think Aaliyah died before filming was finished, so they had to CG in her character.

I guess I never noticed her accent being out of place...

Melissa
Member Avatar

flea dip
Oct 15 2005, 03:34 PM
I think Aaliyah died before filming was finished, so they had to CG in her character.

The only part that look CGI-ed to me in QotD was where the Aaliyah's character was dying. I think the film was pretty much complete before she died. But I heard one of the Matrix sequels that she was in wasn't finished before then.

Anyway, SciFi had a few vampire flicks going before the zombie moviefest started around 1pm (my time). I saw Bordello Of Blood around 11am and The Breed with Adrian Paul (one of my favourite actors; he used to play Duncan MacCloud in the Highlander series) after that.

BoB was your typical cheesy Tales From The Crypt movie. I've seen it before, and this time around it still failed to impress me. I kept flipping channels while it was on.

The Breed was pretty cool... once you got past the strangely Nazi-esque look of the human world. The vampire hangouts all had a gothic, smoky and dark feel to them. I loved seeing Adrian as a Polish-Jewish do-gooder vampire. It made for an interesting story arc. And there was the romance between the mortal cop and the female Asian vampire too. It was definitely miles above and beyond your typical "vampires as mindless killers" movie, that's for sure. The vampires were, for the most part, actually portrayed as sympathetic characters rather than evil monsters.

If there's a DVD of The Breed out, I'll add it to my Amazon wishlist so I can buy it later.

-------- Edit below this line --------

Yep, The Breed DVD is on Amazon. Looks like the customers there are pretty evenly divided. About half say it sucked or was average, and about half thought it was good or great.

The 1 Not Fooled
Member Avatar
Licensed & Board-certified!

Does Adrian Paul ever play a mortal? :laugh:

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Oct 17, 2005:
(For every time I list below, please check your local listings, as you may live in a different time zone from me!)

My daily TV Guide says that starting around 8.00 pm tonight, SHO2 (which I assume stands for "Showtime") will be showing scary movies, first "Jeepers Creepers 2," and then "Hellraiser: Hellseeker," followed by "City of Ghosts."

On the TMC (Turner Movie Channel) starting tonight at 10.30 pm , they're showing a movie called "Strangeland" about a psychopath who preys on teenage girls via the internet.

At 11.00 pm. Starz is showing "Dawn of the Dead."

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

I caught "The People Under The Stairs," directed by Wes Craven early this morning on HBO. I think that movie was entirely too long. It felt as though it could've been edited to shorten its length.

Several other scary films were shown last night, but on cable channels I don't have, such as Showtime.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

:witch: :jack: :frank: :jack: :skeleton: :jack: :frank:

This weekend, I *think* it's Sunday (but maybe it's Saturday - check your local TV listings), USA network (cable channel) is doing an all-day scary movie marathon.

Encore TV (cable channel) is runnng a 'fright fest' every night this month, too, up to Oct 31, and it starts at 8:00 pm each night (in my time zone). I think tomorrow, they're playing the movie "Freddy Vs. Jason," which I saw at the movie theater with my ex-fiance' last year or whenever that was out.

Tonight, I watched a scary film on their channel (Encore), instead of watching Man-donna's new documentary on MTV. Maybe if I wanted to be scared, I should have watched her film, since I'm sure her live singing was probably so off-key that it was scary as hell :laugh:

:witch: :jack: :frank: :jack: :skeleton: :jack: :frank:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Life, The Universe And Everything · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Disclaimer: The contents of the posts contained herein are the sole property of their respective users and do not necessarily reflect the forum's views as a whole.
All content Copyright © 2005-2018 The Anti-Madonna Discussion Board, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.