Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Visit these great anti-Madonna sites:

Madonna Blows Chunks: An Anti-Madonna Blog / Site (NEW!)

Madonna Blows Chunks: An Anti-Madonna Site (site closed as of May 2017)

madonnasuxx's Anti Madonna Site (Internet Archive)

Help us keep ads off our board!

Add us to your bookmarks!
(works in FireFox and Internet Explorer)
Please read the Discussion Board Rules before joining the board!
New Madonna haters: Come introduce yourself!
Board Help & Updates

Stop Forum Spam

Full List of Emoticons
Thread Indexes:

One Stop Index Thread | Persons | Subjects A - L | Subjects M - Z | Aisha's Lawsuit

Life Universe Everything Forum Index

Barf-inducing Madonna links or news -

Flea on Twitter: @fleadip / Link to Flea's Twitter Page | Follow admin Melissa on Twitter @melissatreglia

BREAKING & IMPORTANT MADONNA-RELATED NEWS:

See the "Shout Box" Section at the bottom of the discussion board's main page for the latest anti- Madonna news and links

Welcome to The Anti-Madonna Discussion Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interviews with Madonna
Topic Started: Jun 7 2005, 08:41 PM (5,438 Views)
flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

USA Today - With 'Lotsa' interviews, Madonna back in vogue

Before I post this story...

Y'know, other than news searches on "Yahoo news" and "google news" and a brief glimpse of Man-donna in a commerical promoting the televised interview with Matt Lauer - and I've seen this commerical maybe twice all week - I haven't heard squat about Madonna lately.

Outside of those sources, I haven't seen, read, or heard anything about her "Borders" book store public reading of the Lotsa Da Casha book, or the documentary film.

Either the media and the public are really uninterested in Madonna (and I do think that is happening the longer Madonna's career drags along), or Liz Rosenberg isn't doing her job :laugh:
  • Posted 6/7/2005 10:18 PM

Get ready to see lotsa Madonna, who is promoting her fifth children's book, Lotsa de Casha. The singer chatted with Matt Lauer on NBC's Today show in an interview airing today, and she sat down for a 15-page cover story with Ladies' Home Journal for its July issue (on newsstands June 14); daughter Lourdes, 8, came along to the London shoot. The highlights:
    Madonna isn't back with another album or movie. But she is chatting with the media and promoting a new project, her fifth children's book.
    By Armando Franca, AP

From LHJ

•On her first marriage, to actor Sean Penn: "I wasn't interested in making compromises — I wanted to do what I wanted to do, and he wanted to do what he wanted to do."

•How she and husband Guy Ritchie deal with any problems: "If I have a problem, I want to work it out, right now. My husband is like, 'Let's talk about it in two days.' ... I have to prove that you're wrong now! Sometimes I need to learn to bite my tongue."

•On parenting: "I'm the disciplinarian, Guy's the spoiler. He's the fun guy. I'm doctor's appointments, lessons, homework. ... He's good cop, I'm bad cop."

•On discipline: "I take privileges away. My daughter has a problem picking up in her room, so if you leave your clothes on the floor, they're going to be gone when you come home. ... She has to earn all of her clothes back by being tidy."

From Today

•On not second-guessing herself: "I'm cooler about my decisions, and I'm more resolute."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

I did open up the small entertainment section of today's paper to see a black and white photo of Madonna by the AP taken at the Border's book reading.

If this is going to be the amount of publicity (almost none at all) for her new book, I can maybe deal with it. It's nothing like the mid-1980s where every single little thing she did got into the media. :rolleyes2:

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Bad cop Madonna
  • June 8, 2005, 8:54:23

Madonna claims she has to play the "bad cop" to her children because husband Guy Ritchie is too soft. .

The sexy star claims she is forced to dish out any punishment to the couple's two children, Rocco, and daughter Lourdes - from her relationship with personal trainer Carlos Leon ' because Guy lets them do whatever they like.

She told American magazine Ladies Home Journal: "I'm the disciplinarian, Guy's the spoiler He's the fun guy I'm doctor's appointments, lessons, homework He's good cop, I'm bad cop".

The 'Like a Virgin' singer also says she has invented ingenious ways of disciplining her children to teach them a lesson.

Madonna, 46, insists she has no problem stripping either child of their privileges if they fail to adhere to her strict household rules and the pair have to "earn" them back.

She explained: "I take privileges away My daughter has a problem picking up in her room, so if you leave your clothes on the floor, they're going to be gone when you come home She has to earn all of her clothes back by being tidy" .
Posted Image

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

From MSNBC by way of "Madonan Tribe" -
  • Children's books sequels and English Roses TV series

Lotsa de Casha "Lotsa de Casha," the fifth and final installment in a series of children's books by Madonna, has been released. It tells the story of the richest man in the world, who loses everything but gains a friend. Madonna was doing several promotional events for the book this week, including an appearance Tuesday at a Manhattan bookstore.

The July issue of Ladies' Home Journal, on newsstands June 14, features a 15-page cover story on the 46-year-old pop star, who says she's written a sequel to her first children's book, "The English Roses."

"I'm going to keep writing sequels and start an "English Roses" thing - my ultimate goal is to have a TV series, in episodes, each one having to do with girls finding themselves in challenging situations," she tells the magazine.

She also talks about how studying Kabbalah has changed her. "I can assure you, five years ago - and I've been studying for nine years - there's no way I would've said, 'I'm going to write kids' books and give all the money away to charity.'"
    Madonna donates all her profits from the books to the Spirituality for Kids Foundation, an education and outreach arm of the Kabbalah Centre.

From MSNBC.com
    Posted by Rebecca_Carlson | Thu, June 09
As for this comment:
Quote:

"I can assure you, five years ago - and I've been studying for nine years - there's no way I would've said, 'I'm going to write kids' books and give all the money away to charity.'"
Madonna donates all her profits from the books to the Spirituality for Kids Foundation, an education and outreach arm of the Kabbalah Centre.
So she's gone from being a totally greedy jerk to being a greedy patsy and a greedy dupe.

How many mansions for Berg have Madonna's donations purchased? :ask:

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

• Has the study of Kabbalah made Madonna happier?

“Anything that makes you get outside yourself and see that the world doesn't revolve around you, I think, is good and make you happier and makes you grow,” Madonna said to Matt Lauer on “Today.”

Madonna was also asked if the study of the mystic Kabbalah had hurt her career.

“No. Why would it hurt my career?” she responded. Because people don’t get it and may think it’s a little weird, she was told.

“Yeah, but think about what I was doing ten years ago, 14 years ago, whatever there was… A lot of people who didn't like what I was doing then. So you can (ask), 'Did that hurt my career?' ”

“Basically,” Madonna said, “my entire career has been a lot of people second-guessing, saying, ‘Oh, that’s not good. Oh, she’s really done it this time!’ Saying negative things. But I just keep going and doing my thing."

From NBC News - by way of "Madonna Tribe"
Oh yeah it's hurt her career.

The fans who liked her before - because she was disprespectful to traditional values and spirituality - don't like her now that she's trying to act all prim and proper and religious. One of them has a web page devoted to this subject.

The fans expect and want her to act like a trashy whore, and instead, she strikes yoga poses on stage. Remember some of the early reviews we saw for her "Reinvention Concert?" Some of them were saying it was "boring" and some of them didn't like her emphasis on Kabblah.

(View screen capture from this t.v. clip here)

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

From Madonna Tribe:
  • Our forum member Playground informs us that Madonna was just interviewed by Matt Lauer:

"Apparently she was slightly guarded and denied Kaballah is destroying her career. He pulled out Esquire...she was over it....she kept pushing her book!

Fav part: He asked her if she could still be a huge star by appearing on ladies Home Journal. She said 'watch me!' And...'well I am wearing Chanel', referring to the cover photo!"

She also said (referring to Esquire cover from 11 years ago-in black leather bikini and dog chain on bullseye) "I look good in underwear!"

Matt Lauer held up both Ladies Home Journal and an old Esquire cover to compare the both. Madonna rolled eyes and laughed

He grilled her on what the public thinks of kaballah. She said "she just wanted to make the world a better place!"

Thanks to Playground

Posted by Elspeth | Wed, June 08

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Despite living quiet life, Madonna has a lot to say

A few excerpts:
  • By Mark Shanahan, Globe Staff | June 9, 2005
    Why are you doing press? Aren't there millions of people who'll buy whatever you do?

Are you kidding? No way. I still have to make an effort. You're being incredibly presumptuous and naive to think that people just run and get whatever you do.

So you don't think that way.

Hell, no.
Her die hard fans will buy anything she does.

Continuing:
  • If you're not writing or recording, what does your day look like?

There's always the bit where I have to get my butt out of bed in the morning. (Laughs.) That's at 7:15 a.m. I wake up, go downstairs, have breakfast with my kids, and argue with my daughter about combing her hair. Then I get them off to school. Sometimes I take them, but it's not my favorite thing to do, let's be honest. I don't like the whole getting up and make myself look presentable for school routine.
We've seen the photos, we know.
  • It's hard to talk about your children's books without at least mentioning your rather notorious first book (1992's picture book ''Sex"). You've said it was a different time. Does that imply regret?

No, no. You know me better than that. I don't regret it. What's the point of regretting anything you've done? If I didn't do everything I did, I wouldn't be who I am now.
She's clearly trying not to offend the fans she has left who still like her because she's a slut and did slutty things.

I think she regrets her Sex book and stuff like it to the effect that it damaged her career - and it did, it really did. She really miscalculated with the "Sex" book.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

From LHJ interview, via MTV via Man-donna Tribe:
Quote:

What was I thinking before I was thinking

Lotsa de CashaThis is how MTV.com reports the latest news from the Madonna world...

Madonna is featured on the cover and in an exclusive 15-page fashion spread in housewife mag Ladies' Home Journal, out last Tuesday, the same day her latest children's book, "Lotsa de Casha," dropped in stores.

In the magazine's story, she talks about her reformed wild ways, the poison of television and the struggle of balancing a successful marriage with motherhood.

"I can assure you, five years ago, there's no way I would have said, 'I'm going to write kids' books and give all the money to charity,' " the singer said in the interview.

"I never thought I'd be doing that [but] I like the idea people can change, and that everybody has to go through a painful process before they can realize they're idiots."

On her former wild escapades, Madonna admits, "Sometimes now I sit back and say, 'What was I thinking before I was thinking?'

There were times I really had an altruistic goal and wanted to help people. And then other times I just wanted to show off. Let's just call a spade a spade. I knew I could get people to pay attention to me."

From MYV News
Posted by Rebecca_Carlson | Fri, June 10 (Comments)
I recognized when I was 12 years old that she was an idiot. It took her until she was 46 to realize this and how egotistical she is? :confused:

The 1 Not Fooled
Member Avatar
Licensed & Board-certified!

Like Lourdes ever wears the same outfit twice anyways...

Ironshadow
#1 mandona hater

poisonous television as in matrons making out with girls half their age with their underage daughters tossing rose petals at them?

.........15 pages of the slag blathering???????

are they crazy?

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

The LHJ Interivew
(the interview is at the bottom of the post)

• From Ladies Home Journal website

During an unseasonably warm and sunny week at the end of March, Madonna spent the day in London with Ladies' Home Journal. As part of her publicity efforts for her fifth children's book, Lotsa de Casha, she agreed to pose for Ladies' Home Journal's cover, an exclusive that will reach the magazine's readership of 14 million women.

Yes, it's a change of pace for the once-upon a time Material Girl, but at 46, she is wiser, more soulful -- and more beautiful than ever!

In preparation for the cover shoot and what became a 15-page inside photo portfolio, Madonna and her team collaborated for weeks with the Ladies' Home Journal creative team, as well as with photographer Lorenzo Agius, on the elaborate costumes and set.

The shoot took place at a prop house in North London that specializes in international antiques. The room that was created for the Madonna shoot was meant to suggest a 15th-century library, in keeping with the underlying theme of the classic power of books and reading.

"We were transported in time. The set looked like Nostradamus meets Alice in Wonderland," says Ladies' Home Journal's editor-in-chief, Diane Salvatore, who was present for the eight-hour shoot. Madonna wore a series of gorgeous dresses and outfits, including Chanel and Vivienne Westwood, not to mention posing playfully with an assortment of monocles, top hats, and even taxidermy mice.

"She was the consummate pro -- she worked hard, she was focused, she was polite, she changed outfits more swiftly and immaculately than I ever seen anyone do," says Salvatore. When her daughter Lourdes stopped by the set, she lit up and began telling her stories about how she was a princess at a ball who had escaped to a library because she was bored with the party.
Re: ".... she [Madonna] changed outfits more swiftly and immaculately than I ever seen anyone do,"

- What else do you expect? The woman has had plenty of practice stripping naked over the years. She's a mega-'ho, I would be surprised if she wasn't a "quick change" artist. :laugh:

Re: "but at 46, she is wiser, more soulful -- and more beautiful than ever!"

- I've seen 86 year old women who look younger than she does.

As for the interview itself:
  • On her faith:
    "Kabbalah is not a religion -- it's a belief system. You can come from any religious background to study Kabbalah, but it's too weird for people, too foreign. They can't get their heads around it, so they have to devalue it by saying it's a trend or a cult. All this nonsense about how only celebrities are into it just makes me laugh, because to say you're a Kabbalist, there's nothing easy about it.

It's not enough just to read a book. You have to change, and the only way you can change your nature is to constantly, constantly study."
Maybe she's changed a little bit (some people who have done interviews lately have said she seems to have "mellowed out" more now and is a little less bitchy then she used to be), but overall, she still seems prone to being egotistical, selfish, etc.

The rest:
  • On her marriage to director Guy Ritchie:
    "It's taken me a long time to realize what the whole point of marriage is, and I don't think it has anything to do with our romantic notions -- like walks together, and sending flowers to one another, and bringing up children together.

Those are all manifestations, but the whole point of marriage is for each and every one of us to learn how to get along with one person, and to learn to love that person unconditionally. And if you can do it with one person, then your whole attitude toward the world and humanity can change."

On motherhood:
    "Motherhood was the beginning of my own journey asking the question, Why am I here? I had to stop and think: What am I going to teach my daughter? What do I believe in?

I don't even know what I believe in, and if I don't know, how am I going to teach my daughter anything...I was into freedom of speech, freedom of expression, women's rights, and that's all great. But that's one tiny little percentage of the world out there that needs to be explored and I wasn't really dealing with the big picture. Motherhood was my triggering point for trying to understand the meaning of life."

On regrets:
    "There were times I really had an altruistic goal, I really did want to help people. And then other times, I just wanted to show off -- let's call a spade a spade. And I knew I could get away with it, and I knew I could get people to pay attention to me. Do I think I helped people? Yeah, I do.

Do I think I hindered people? Yes I do. I wasn't really clear on what I was doing yet, my point of view. I wasn't thinking responsibility. I wasn't thinking everything I say and do has an effect on the world around me. Sometimes now I sit back and say, What was I thinking before I was thinking, you know?"

On her line of children's books:
    "It felt really good to publish a book and to know it got into the hands of lots of kids, and to start reading letters from children who read The English Roses and said, 'You know, when I read your book it made me think of how horrible me and my girlfriends were to this girl in school.'

I thought, it's so cool I'm helping kids, and I never thought that I'd be doing that. I like the idea that people can change and that everybody has to go through a painful process before they can realize that they're idiots."
I don't think she's fully realized yet what an idiot she's been in the past, and that she's isn't completely clear of it yet.

Ironshadow
#1 mandona hater

Agreed to pose?! I bet she begged for that cover on all fours. Unless she paid for it. :laugh:

and just what is she supposed to represent on that cover?? She looks like George Washington in drag. Laughable.

Anybody miss her desperate attempt - with her last two books and this shoot- to copy the Harry Potter look?

and who scripted that lame-ass diatribe she mouthed for the LHJ flunky- one of the Bergs?

Stupid bi tch. She needs to join a cult where they take a vow of silence and drop out of sight.

Tonygirl
Member Avatar

How How HOW has she changed? She claims she has changed. She is still vulgar and foul mouthed, she still does juvenile stunts like flip off cameramen and pose with her legs apart. She hoards expensive luxuries, she still tries to shock her daddy, she still steals ideas, she still demands free clothes and items, she still wants as much cash as she can get....

MissThang
Member Avatar
Ultimate Madonna Hater
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She is so full of crap.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

MADONNA'S BIZARRE INTERVIEW RULES
  • July 9, 2007

MADONNA stunned journalists backstage at Saturday's (07Jul07) Live Earth concert with a bizarre list of demands before they could interview her according to media reports.

The Ray Of Light star wowed 80,000 fans at the London leg of the fundraising concert - but backstage journalists were told they must not check their notes during interviews with her as they had to maintain eye contact at all times, reports British newspaper The Daily Mirror.

One U.S. TV source tells the newspaper, "It's intimidating enough interviewing Madonna because she's so intense, but when we were given these weird orders it was even worse.

"We thought her people were just joking. But it soon became apparent that they were deadly serious."

thatgillanwoman
Shanghi-ed Away
[ *  *  * ]
And yet again she's playing catch-up to Angelina and Posh Beckham...didn't she used to lead? bwahahahahaha

Ironshadow
#1 mandona hater

Here's an idea: send in a freshly- caught male Tanzanian baboon with three-inch fangs to do an interview with mandona. The eye-contact fetish will then play out spectacularly. :good:

The 1 Not Fooled
Member Avatar
Licensed & Board-certified!

Quote:

but backstage journalists were told they must not check their notes during interviews with her as they had to maintain eye contact at all times, reports British newspaper The Daily Mirror.

Probably so she could suck all the energy from them and they wouldn't be able to ask her about her hypocrisy...

Tonygirl
Member Avatar

I'm sure no journalist would be able to take their eyes off her sunken face and mean eyes in sheer disbelief.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Man-donna fan describing a Dutch radio interview with The Venereal Girl:

Dutch Interview with Man-donna
  • Dutch entertainment show host Daphne Bunskoek interviewed Madonna a few hours ago and did a radio interview on a dutch morning show this morning about the interview.

....I [Daphne Bunskoek] also asked her [Madonna] about her deal with Live Nation that she signed for 10 years and said she’d be 60 when that would be done. But that wasn’t something she wanted to hear. That didn’t go down that well, hahaha.

.... I [Daphne Bunskoek] got 15 minutes and right before I went in someone was sent out because he was asking too many stupid questions, so that was a little exciting. They told me that she doesn’t like stupid questions about Britney Spears, so I scratched those and said nooo of course not, I’d never do that, hahaha"

....She said that the interview with Madonna lasted for about 15 minutes. She mentioned that she was given a chance to listen to the album beforehand. Madonna seemed a bit tired and reserved.

The guy who was interviewing Madonna before Daphne went in was thrown out after 5 minutes for asking stupid questions. So Daphne decided to get rid of a couple questions before she went in.

She said she thought it was a good interview and a nice chat. Questions were mostly limited to the new album and her new deal with Live Nation. Questions about Britney were banned.
Winnipeg Sun- Madonna on Turning 50, etc
  • By JANE STEVENSON, Sun Media

LOS ANGELES — Madonna says she has "come around" to the idea of being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at a March 10 ceremony in New York City.

Initially, the 49-year-old Material Girl was hesitant about the tribute that will see her career honoured alongside fellow 2008 inductees such as Canadian Leonard Cohen.

"I heard about it and I kind of felt ambivalent, like, 'What is that, the place they put musical dinosaurs?' " Madonna told reporters from around the globe yesterday, including Sun Media in a Canadian print exclusive. She has just started promoting her new hip-hop and R&B-drenched dance album, Hard Candy, due in stores April 29.

"I didn't really know what to think of it," she said, "but then lots of people explained to me that it's an acknowledgement of singers and songwriters who have made a contribution in the world of music for 25 years, and so eventually I came around to the idea that it was flattering."

And she's pleased that she will be inducted by one of her Hard Candy collaborators, Justin Timberlake, who co-wrote many of the songs and sings on the new album, including the Timbaland-produced first single, Four Minutes. Timberlake also appears in the video alongside her as two superheroes trying to save the world.

"It was Justin who offered and kind of surprised me, when we were shooting the video — he said he wanted to be the person to induct me, so to speak, so I said, 'Okay,' " said Madonna, who added how the rest of the induction evening will unfold is up in the air.

"It's supposed to be a surprise for me — somebody sings one of my songs," she said before adding, "Yikes! No, I'm just kidding. I don't know."

The Material Girl — dressed in a snug-fitting, low-cut black top, black pants and large yellow hoop earrings and yellow high heels — entered a small conference room at a Beverly Hills hotel late yesterday afternoon and uttered a quiet "hi" before being seated. And for the next 35 minutes, she proved to be a challenging, if funny and thoughtful, interview subject.

For example, if she didn't like a question — such as the one about how her views on life and music had changed in her 20s, 30s, 40s — she'd take a pass.

"That's like a gigantic question — I'm not answering that question, be more specific," Madonna said, before getting the journalist to narrow it down to music. "We'll be here for six hours if you want to know how my views on life have changed over the past 30 years."

One popular topic was of her turning 50 on Aug. 16, which seemed to be a much bigger deal for reporters than Madonna herself.

"It's not a bad word, you can say it," she said when one reporter whispered "5-0."

And when the same reporter asked her about reaching "a landmark for a lady," she made the journalist clarify that to it's "a landmark for everybody."

She said she doesn't see turning 50 as a milestone.

"No, but everybody else keeps mentioning it," she said. "I see it as another excuse to have a birthday party."

In fact, Madonna said physically, "I feel stronger now than, maybe, 20 years ago — but I think your physicality is connected to your consciousness so if your mind is strong, your body will be strong."

She also bristled when asked how much longer she wants to make music.

"I haven't the slightest idea, everyone wants to know the numbers," Madonna said.

Speaking of which, Hard Candy will be her final studio record with Warner after a 26-year relationship. But she says it's neither scary nor liberating to leave.

Her new, reported $120-million deal with Live Nation includes albums, touring and merchandising.

"It's just the end of my contract and the record industry is changing. And so the way that I make music and the way that I get it out to the people and the way that we market it and release it will also have to change," she said. "I'm excited about my new deal because it's more of a partnership, and after 25 years I feel like I deserve to be a partner."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Madonna Blows Chunks · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Disclaimer: The contents of the posts contained herein are the sole property of their respective users and do not necessarily reflect the forum's views as a whole.
All content Copyright © 2005-2018 The Anti-Madonna Discussion Board, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.