Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Visit these great anti-Madonna sites:

Madonna Blows Chunks: An Anti-Madonna Blog / Site (NEW!)

Madonna Blows Chunks: An Anti-Madonna Site (site closed as of May 2017)

madonnasuxx's Anti Madonna Site (Internet Archive)

Help us keep ads off our board!

Add us to your bookmarks!
(works in FireFox and Internet Explorer)
Please read the Discussion Board Rules before joining the board!
New Madonna haters: Come introduce yourself!
Board Help & Updates

Stop Forum Spam

Full List of Emoticons
Thread Indexes:

One Stop Index Thread | Persons | Subjects A - L | Subjects M - Z | Aisha's Lawsuit

Life Universe Everything Forum Index

Barf-inducing Madonna links or news -

Flea on Twitter: @fleadip / Link to Flea's Twitter Page | Follow admin Melissa on Twitter @melissatreglia

BREAKING & IMPORTANT MADONNA-RELATED NEWS:

See the "Shout Box" Section at the bottom of the discussion board's main page for the latest anti- Madonna news and links

Welcome to The Anti-Madonna Discussion Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Shows; -Glee, Marriage Ref, etc.
Topic Started: Jul 7 2009, 02:02 AM (3,763 Views)
flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Madonna trashed these reality shows not too long ago(*).

Madonna to perform on 'X Factor'?

Madonna 'in talks to perform on X Factor'
  • The pop superstar could be set to follow in the footsteps of Take That, Beyoncé and Britney Spears if she takes up Simon Cowell's offer to perform on the ITV1 reality show, famous for launching the career of Leona Lewis.

Other performers being lined up for the show include Lady GaGa and Rihanna, while Cowell is also reportedly interested in former Take That member Robbie Williams. Cowell believes that the show would be a great opportunity for Williams, who has been overshadowed by his former band, to relaunch his career.

And he is also reportedly keen to lure back Beyoncé, who sang a duet with last year's winner Alexandra Burke, on the show. Beyoncé is in London at the time of filming, where she will be performing at the O2 arena in November.

The guest appearances could mean specific Madonna or Robbie Williams themed-nights, much like the night Spears performed last year. Thirteen million people tuned into X Factor to watch her performance, although it was later criticised as half-hearted.

A source close to the show told The Sun: "The last series proved anything is possible when Beyoncé performed with Alex. The final got 15 million viewers and that is enough to entice the biggest stars on to our stage.

"This year is going to be bigger than ever – we are planning to get the best names in music. Madonna and Robbie would be sensational."

To refresh your memory:

(*)Entertainment: Madonna trashes manufactured pop

Madonna Slams Reality Pop Shows
  • Music legend MADONNA has slated manufactured pop acts and the endless stream of TV talent shows.

The MATERIAL GIRL singer believes the pop world has become "homogenised", and accused record chiefs of working out how wannabes can be marketed - rather than finding true talent.

With shows like Britain's POP IDOL and POPSTARS, and America's AMERICAN IDOL, the sexy star despises what's in store for the future of music.

She says, "I arrived at a different time - before the time of Svengalis holding talent searches - finding a girl that looks right and can carry a tune and then figuring a way to market her."

Referring to current pop babes PINK, CHRISTINA AGUILERA and BRITNEY SPEARS, she says, "I'm not saying those girls can't grow into something, but I really don't know where we're going with the world."

Madonna, 44, was also critical of young hopefuls' craving for celebrity for its own sake, rather than finding acclaim for their abilities.

She adds, "It's the allure of this beautiful life. Drive this car, you're gonna be popular. It's a very powerful illusion and people are caught up in it, including myself - or I was."
Madonna blasts manufactured pop
  • March 2003

Pop superstar Madonna has criticised the trend for manufactured pop acts and the recent stream of TV talent searches.

She said the pop world had become "homogenised", and accused record companies of putting marketing ahead of talent.

In an interview with Q magazine, Madonna, 44, also criticised the idea of craving celebrity status for its own sake - rather than achieving it through ability.

Referring to shows like Popstars and American Idol, she said: "I arrived at a different time - before the time of svengalis holding talent searches; finding a girl that looks right and can carry a tune and then figuring a way to market her."

'Powerful illusion'

Discussing Pink, Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears, she said: "I'm not saying those girls can't grow into something, but I really don't know where we're going with the world.

"Everything's so homogenised."

It was wrong to seek fame for its own sake, she added.

"It's a very powerful illusion and people are caught up in it, including myself - or I was."

Madonna is the most commercially successful female artist of all time, with worldwide record sales of more than 140 million including albums True Blue, Immaculate Collection and Ray of Light.

But her acting career has not reached the same levels of success, with critical acclaim proving harder to come by.

Last week she swept the Razzies for the worst film of the year, with Swept Away which was directed by her husband, Guy Ritchie.
Madonna hits out at 'homogenised' pop
  • March 27, 2003

Chart queen Madonna today blasted manufactured pop acts and thetream of TV talent searches.

She said the pop world had become “homogenised” and accused record chiefs of working out how wannabes can be marketed rather than finding true talents.

In an interview with the May edition of music magazine Madonna said she could not understand the direction the music world was taking.

In the UK acts spawned by talent shows Pop Idol and the two Popstars series have enjoyed a number of huge successes.

And in the US, where Madonna is currently based although she still has a home in the UK, American Idol 2 is again enjoying a large audience.

Madonna said: “I arrived at a different time – before the time of Svengalis holding talent searches; finding a girl that looks right and can carry a tune and then figuring a way to market her.”

Referring to Pink, Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears, she said: “I’m not saying those girls can’t grow into something, but I really don’t know where we’re going with the world.

“Everything’s so homogenised.”

Madonna, 44, was also critical of young hopefuls’ craving for celebrity for its own sake, rather than finding acclaim for their abilities.

“It’s the allure of this beautiful life. Drive this car, you’re gonna be popular,” she told Q, which goes on sale on April 1.

“It’s a very powerful illusion and people are caught up in it, including myself – or I was.”

The singer rose to fame thanks to her provocative image, but despite years of wearing ludicrous outfits she takes a firm line on what her own children should wear.

Asked if she felt able to stop her daughter Lourdes from dressing how she wants, Madonna said: “I can and I do.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lisawasbeingboring
Member Avatar
Material Poster
[ *  * ]
Quote:

She says, "I arrived at a different time - before the time of Svengalis holding talent searches - finding a girl that looks right and can carry a tune and then figuring a way to market her."

:huh: Yeah right.

Quote:

Madonna, 44, was also critical of young hopefuls' craving for celebrity for its own sake, rather than finding acclaim for their abilities.

What kind of crap is this? The biggest lie I've heard in a while.

anshirk
Member Avatar
madonna go away
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No, I haven't seen this show and it would be great if she didn't make any appearance on any show here after.

Nope, Madonna Won't Be On 'Glee' Herself

But yes, an all-Madonna episode of Glee is cool. But still, Madonna herself won't make an appearance on that episode--that's what Mark Salling confirmed in an interview with PopEater.

"But we're still appreciated that she allowed us her whole catalogue," the actual baby daddy said.

It's a quick interview, really, one that you can watch below--and in it, Salling also provides his ideas for a themed Glee episode, and how his rock and roll nature seeps out. I'm sure when he said he dreamt of singing Madge songs on TV since he was "a little girl" he was sarcastic... :yawn:

anshirk
Member Avatar
madonna go away
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Some more BULL, stale news, yeah I bet.
Like the sh it of her 36 year old son existing, people doing anything for publicity. What if she really was on the show nobody will watch it then. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Elton John & Madonna Judging American Idol

Sunday, 17 January 2010 19:35 By Merry Media Staff

Rumours have been circulating in the press and online that Madonna and Sir Elton John are among candidates to replace Simon Cowell as a judge on American Idol.

Cowell is leaving the hit reality show to launch the X Factor in the US.

With a budget of £25million to spend, a spokesman for the show is quoted in the News of the World: "It's the Eltons and Madonnas we're after."

Mhater
Material Poster
[ *  * ]
This is obscene! Madonna of all ppl attempting to judge actual talent :knock: There's a great quote-I forget from where-about fame and talent and that of the two-fame is ultimately all that matters. Madonna is proof positive and a very sad indictment on our world and the media that created it and the sheep that followed :bad:

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Update:
View video of Madonna singing "Like A Prayer" on Haiti Telethon

Maybe she'll sing John Lennon's "Imagine" off-key and hold up that single, veiny, bony index finger in a dramatic gesture for emphasis when she sings the line, "And the world will be as one," like she did at the Tsunami benefit.

Beyonce and Madonna join Haiti telethon

Beyoncé and Madonna Join Telethon for Haiti

Madonna Joins Haiti Relief Effort

Madonna, Robert Pattinson, Muhammad Ali among Haiti telethon stars
  • Just in: The latest on the Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief telethon:

Beyoncé will perform in London. Madonna will perform in New York City. And Haitian Artist Emeline Michel is slated to appear in Los Angeles.

Participants will include President Bill Clinton, Ben Stiller, Brad Pitt, Chris Rock,
    Clint Eastwood, Denzel Washington, Halle Berry, Jon Stewart, Julia Roberts,
    Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Meryl Streep, Morgan Freeman, Nicole Kidman, Robert Pattinson, Samuel L. Jackson, Tom Hanks, Will Smith with Muhammad Ali, and more.

Hope for Haiti Now will begin accepting donations via online, phone, text and mail at 12:00 p.m. ET/9:00 a.m. PT tomorrow.

anshirk
Member Avatar
madonna go away
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Madonna, Ricky Gervais and More as 'Marriage Ref'

More heavy-weight stars are going to weigh down on American couples' marriage. Madonna, Sarah Silverman and Ricky Gervais and several more are joining "The Marriage Ref", a new show by NBC produced by Jerry Seinfeld which will get a sneak peek on Sunday, February 28 and an official premiere on Thursday, March 4.

The network has confirmed Madonna's participation but has not revealed the date she would appear on. Meanwhile, Gervais has told the media about his involvement, saying "I got a call on my mobile, 'Hi it's Jerry Seinfeld here'. Unbelievable. He's doing a new comedy show about marriage guidance and he wants me to be involved. I'm filming it next month in New York. That was a big enough thrill."

Madonna transforms into "Marriage Ref" for TV

Twice-divorced pop star Madonna will take on a new profession -- marriage referee -- when she makes a rare television appearance on an upcoming show from comedian Jerry Seinfeld about feuding couples.

The "Material Girl," who divorced her British movie director husband Guy Ritchie in 2008, will be one of a panel of celebrities on "The Marriage Ref" who will decide which spouse should be declared "winner" of a domestic spat filmed in their own homes.

Madonna is listed along with British comedian Ricky Gervais and American Larry David in an episode to be filmed in New York before a studio audience next week.

The pop superstar, who was previously married to actor Sean Penn, has made few appearances on TV shows that do not involve performances or interviews.

Actors Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey, and "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria are also among those expected to make up the rotating celebrity panel on "The Marriage Ref", which debuts on NBC on Feb 28.

"The Marriage Ref" sees the return to TV of the creative talents of the popular star of 1990s U.S. comedy series "Seinfeld".

The light-hearted show is one of the centerpieces of NBC's efforts to revamp its prime-time line-up following the axing of its five nights a week "Jay Leno Show" after just five months.

Mhater
Material Poster
[ *  * ]
^^ Wait. So a woman who can't make a marriage work is now going to be a reference on the institution of marriage :laugh: It's tacky, it's trash, it's in the sewer-so yes it sounds like a show made for Madonna. And god knows the old bat needs the PUBLICITY

anshirk
Member Avatar
madonna go away
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]

'American Idol' judge Simon Cowell: Howard Stern, Madonna unlikely

.....Simon Cowell says he doesn't think Howard Stern or Madonna should replace him as judge on "American Idol" next season.

The British television personality recently announced he is leaving "Idol" at the end of this season to star on and produce a U.S. version of the British competition series "The X Factor."

"You're never going to pick anyone as good as you are, are you?" the New York Daily News quoted Cowell as telling reporters Thursday when asked who should take over his "Idol" job. "That's why I don't think anybody (at Fox) really asks me that question."........

Simon Cowell, 'American Idol' judge, says neither Madonna nor Howard Stern could replace him

......Simon Cowell knows what it takes to be an "American Idol" judge, and he says neither Howard Stern nor Madonna is the right choice to replace him next season.

The acerbic British judge, who's leaving the hit Fox competition at the end of the season to helm a U.S. version of "The X Factor," was grilled by reporters yesterday about who could fill his shoes......

Posted Image

Mhater
Material Poster
[ *  * ]
anshirk
Feb 20 2010, 09:59 AM
.....Simon Cowell says he doesn't think Howard Stern or Madonna should replace him as judge on "American Idol" next season.

"You're never going to pick anyone as good as you are, are you?" the New York Daily News quoted Cowell as telling reporters Thursday when asked who should take over his "Idol" job. "That's why I don't think anybody (at Fox) really asks me that question."........

The idea that a talentless (albeit ruthlessly ambitious) woman is in a position to judge anything is laughable (and distressing). It's the mass media-who made "Madonna"-pulling the wool over everyone's eyes :rolleyes2: Does Simon Cowell not want "M" as a replacement because she's as "good" as he is? Actually he's right-they're both totally talentless.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Apparently what's-her-face was on tonight, but I didn't watch it.

I didn't even know this show was on.

EDIT:
someone uploaded video of it. I have not watched this (they say "the video is below," and I scrolled down their page, but I did not see a video):
The Marriage Ref VIDEO Madonna !

Madonna: Watch 'The Marriage Ref' Tonight!

Alec Baldwin, Matthew Broderick, Madonna, et al. to Appear on NBC's The ...
  • Broadway veterans Alec Baldwin, Matthew Broderick, and Madonna will be among the guest judges on the new NBC series The Marriage Ref, which debuts on Sunday, February 28. The show will be hosted by Tom Papa.

In the show, co-created and produced by Jerry Seinfeld, a trio of celebrity judges will watch videotapes of real-life married couples who are arguing and will then make comments about the situation. Afterwards, Papa will make a final decision on which member of the couple is right.

Seinfeld will also appear as a guest judge, as will such celebrities as Larry David, Kelly Ripa, Eva Longoria Parker, and Ricky Gervais.

For more information, visit www.nbc.com.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

--- edit: more links added below ---

The Marriage Ref show got a very, very bad review Here.

Madonna's name was mentioned only in passing:
  • Stray observations:

-And yet, despite it all, I'd almost tune in for the Larry David, Madonna and Ricky Gervais episode. I mean, that will have to have some funny stuff in it, right? Right?
If this show is that horrible, I wonder why she agreed to appear on it? Is she that desperate for free publicity?

Would you take relationship advice from Madonna? Twice-divorced star joins new show

Tempers flare for Madonna and Ricky Gervais on The Marriage Ref

Madonna Gives Marriage Advice
  • Madonna, Ricky Gervais and Larry David have been giving out relationship advice to couples on new US TV show 'The Marriage Ref'.

Madonna was furious when her relationship advice was ignored on a TV show.

The twice-divorced singer - who is currently dating Brazilian model Jesus Luz - was one of the celebrity panellists on new show 'The Marriage Ref' and was livid when the show's mediator, comedian Tom Papa, sided with the suggestions of another guest.

The show features a series of relationship problems, with the celebrities asked to give their opinions before Tom - who is 'The Ref' - makes the final choice on the advice they should follow and despite both the '4 Minutes' hitmaker and comic Ricky Gervais agreeing on one dilemma, Tom opted to put forward the suggestions given by 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' star Larry David.

Madonna said: "This is a recipe for disaster. It's two against two!"

She was backed up by Ricky, who added: "What are we here for? It was two to one! Why does he get the final vote?"

At the end of the programme - which has been panned by critics - all of the celebrities seemed bemused by the experience.

Larry said: "This is easily the most uncomfortable hour I've ever spent in my life."

Madonna sniped back: "Why? Because you're sitting next to a woman who is standing up to you?"

The show, which revolves around real life couples who are embroiled in an on-going fight, was given a half hour preview to American audiences on Sunday (28.02.10), but will officially premiere this Thursday (04.03.10).

Other celebrities to guest star as panellists on the show in future episodes include the actress Eva Longoria and actors Alec Baldwin and Matthew Broderick.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Madonna's brother mocks her [TV show] role

Madonna's Brother Says Don't Take Her Marriage Advice!
  • We bet Madonna isn’t too happy with her brother Christopher Ciccone right now! Madonna was a panelist on NBC’s new show The Marriage Ref giving advice to married couples Feb. 28 and her little brother totally bashed her for it!

Christopher thinks it’s a bad idea to take relationship advice from the music legend. “I can’t imagine what she’s doing on The Marriage Ref giving advice to married couples,” Christopher told Page Six.

“I guess it’s kind of ironic. Everyone has their experiences regarding marriage — hers are maybe what not to do.” Ouch! Even though Madonna has been married twice — once to Sean Penn and then again to Guy Ritchie both ending in divorce we still think she knows a think or two about keeping a man!

Her brother went on to say he wants to be a judge on American Idol. “I think I can bring a particular kind of credibility to the show,” he told Page Six. “I’d be the only person sitting at the table who actually created a pop star from the beginning, and helped keep her there for 20 years.” Hmmm we wonder how Madonna feels about her brother taking credit for her success AND saying people shouldn’t take her advice.

anshirk
Member Avatar
madonna go away
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Madonna's marriage rift with Larry David

Pop star Madonna gave TV viewers a laugh on Jerry Seinfeld's new comedy show "The Marriage Ref" on Thursday night - after she scolded funnyman Larry David for calling her a "man hater."

The pair and comedian Ricky Gervais were part of a celebrity panel, which settles disagreements between arguing couples on the new series.

But Madonna and David failed to keep the peace, after the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" star realized she sided with the wife during one dispute, accusing the star of being "a man hater."

After bickering back and forth, the pop star fired back, "Do not scream at me. . . I hate you!"

Madonna famously ended her marriage to British director Guy Ritchie after the couple's highly-publicized divorce proceedings were finalized last year.

Madonna "Holds Her Own" on The Marriage Ref :bad:

anshirk
Member Avatar
madonna go away
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
:yawn: 'Glee' covers Madonna's 'Like a Virgin', Aerosmith

Glee's teacher love story may be heating up..thanks to Madonna. And Will Schuster and Neil Patrick Harris are going to go at it, with the help of Aerosmith, when the hit show returns on April 13.

"In the Madonna episode, Jayma (Mays), who plays Emma, and I are going to be singing "Like a Virgin" and it's..might, may or may not be consummating our affection for each other," said Matthew Morrison, who plays nerdy club director Schuster.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Sue Sylvester's 'Vogue' was 'butchered' according to Madonna (Video)
  • GLEE made it's big debut Tuesday night and Sue Sylvester went "Vogue" in a tribute to music queen Madonna. But Madonna didn't want any part of it.

....."The show did ask her [Madonna] if she wanted to make an appearance in the much-hyped Madonna episode. She said 'no thanks' and, to be honest, she would rather they sing an Elton John song than butcher one of hers."

This was XP (cross posted) to another thread at the board.
I don't believe her for a moment - she claims she did not know what Glee is.

As for the link below. You know she knows what "Glee" is, but feels the need to maintain this "I'm hipper than everyone else because I can't be bothered to watch TV" attitude. (Related thread: Examples of Madonna's Hypocrisy).

Even if she didn't know before, I bet once it was announced a few weeks ago that Glee was doing a Madonna-themed episode that she learned about it then.

It is true that as people age, most people don't pay as much attention to pop culture anymore, but I have a very hard time believing she never heard of this show before.

Madonna Offends The Gays, The Youngs By Dissing 'Glee'
  • After her turn on the can't-believe-it-hasn't-been-cancelled reality show, The Marriage Ref, Madonna decides that she is too good for Glee. (PopEater)
Madonna 'Has No Idea What 'Glee' Is' - PopEater (link above):
  • With the whole television-watching world talking about the much-awaited 'Madonna episode' of 'Glee' airing next week, you'd think Madge herself would be brushing up like a 'Gleek' in order to see what all the fuss is about. Sadly, the Material Girl doesn't even own a television, her pal tells me, and she has no intention of watching the funny FOX comedy. Bummer! Details on Madge, plus Adam Lambert scoop ... after the jump!

Madonna's No Fan of 'Glee'

It seems as if everyone on the planet is planning on tuning in to watch 'Glee' -- everyone, that is, except Madonna, whose songs will be featured on the show next week.

"Madonna doesn't have a TV and has no idea what 'Glee' is," a friend of the Material Girl tells me. "The show did ask her if she wanted to make an appearance in the much-hyped Madonna episode. She said 'no thanks' and, to be honest, she would rather they sing an Elton John song than butcher one of hers."

It's true that artists have no control over who sings their songs on TV, although Madonna will make over $100,000 in royalties from the 'Glee' episode that contains her material.

Not bad for an artist who says yes to 'Marriage Ref' but no to 'Glee.' At least we got our Madonna eye candy by seeing Jane Lynch in a cone-bra.
I guess some people thought that Vogue video remake was idiotic:

Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) does Madonna in Vogue video remake on Glee
  • by Jonathan Mandell

Those who watched the Spring premiere of Glee would all agree: Whatever else they thought of the episode — and some fans expressed disappointment, despite the presence of Idina Menzel and Jonathan Groff — the highlight was the “Vogue” video at the end, where Sue Sylvester (played by Jane Lynch) did a precise Madonna remake, frame by frame, that was hilarious.

This was a preview of next week’s episode, entitled “The Power of Madonna.”

Mihoshi Marie
Member Avatar
to whom it may concern
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ew, the Vadge and I have something in common - neither of us like "Glee". It's just bad karaoke to me (I haven't watched the show but I went ahead and listened to some clips on YouTube, and they just take the backing music of the songs and sing over it - as I said, bad karaoke).

However, she could have been more gracious about it, especially since they dedicated a whole episode to her music. She should be friggin' grateful that people still care.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Either Grandma-donna didn't say anything about 'Glee' and journalists are putting words in her mouth, or she changed her mind at some point, because now she's praising the show (where-as earlier reports had her kind of trashing it):

Exclusive: Madonna Rates Glee's All-Madonna Episode: "Brilliant"

MADONNA: 'MY GLEE EPISODE IS GENIUS'
  • MADONNA has given her seal of approval to her GLEE tribute episode - bran ding the one-off show "fantastic" and "genius".

The pop superstar's back catalogue will provide the soundtrack for an u pcoming installment of the TV musical, which will air in America next wee k (beg19Apr10).
    Madonna and her family were treated to a preview of the episode - and s he's thrilled with it.

She tells Usmagazine.com, "I thought the Madonna episode of Glee was br illiant on every level. The dialogue and the entire script was genius. I completely appreciated the layers of irony, especially when all those mac ho boys sang What It Feels Like For A Girl.

"I also loved the fantastic performances of Vogue, Express Yourself and all the messages about the boys being respectful to girls.

"The entire cast was amazing. They're all so talented. I especially lov ed Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) and Kurt Hummel's (Chris Colfer) characters .. (Show creator) Ryan Murphy did a great job bringing all these elements together." And the singer reveals her teenage daughter Lourdes is a big fan of Glee: "Lola loved the show too. I wish I went to a high school like that... If only."
Mihoshi Marie

Ew, the Vadge and I have something in common - neither of us like "Glee".
It's not a show that I watch, either. I've caught bits and pieces of it while channel surfing, though.

Glee looks boring to me, which is why I don't watch it.

When I was a teen & in my 20s, I didn't care for most shows that focused on teens or 20-somethings, and as I get older, I find them even more idiotic and boring than I did before. And Glee appears to be a show about high school kids who sing.

But, even though it seems to be a boring and dippy show, I am aware of it, I've heard of it before, so you better believe that Madonna, who claims not to own a TV set (but who you know watches television shows on the web) has heard of it.

As I said in the "Dancing" thread, I did catch a few seconds of the "Vogue" remake video. Sue dances better than Man-donna.

Mihoshi Marie

She should be friggin' grateful that people still care.
Absolutely.

I agree with you 100%. :)

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

The people who make the Glee TV show are releasing a music CD based upon their Madonna themed episode.

I'm too lazy to make a thread especially devoted to a "Glee CD," and I don't know if we have a generic music review thread, so I'm placing this negative review here.

'Glee' cast plays it safe with Madonna album
  • by — Steve Johnson, Tribune Newspapers

Glee Cast, "Glee: The Music, The Power of Madonna"
    ✭✭([two] out of 4)

On this short record (Columbia), TV actors in their 20s playing characters in their teens take on the music of a woman who has been a chameleon. You might think something interesting would result from this concentration of artifice. You would be wrong.

Instead, the third record from the Fox TV series and the first devoted to a single artist plays like hyper-competent karaoke, if karaoke bars gave performers an Auto-Tune option.

You can see where these seven songs would work in the context of the show's Madonna-themed episode (April 20), but on record they stick carefully close to the originals, though with even less variation in the electric-drum-and-synthesizer sound.

Only the mash-up of "Borderline" and "Open Your Heart" takes a risk, and it's the best tune here, romantic and refreshingly direct.

The rest is strictly for Madonna fans who get a charge out of seeing people pay their girl homage, or for "Glee" fans who get a charge out of anything these plucky pretenders try.
CD Review: THE MUSIC OF GLEE - 'THE POWER OF MADONNA' E.P.
  • By CARL CORTEZ, Contributing Editor
    Published 4/20/2010

Now, reviewing the disc, without seeing the show, can detract from the context and reasoning behind song selection, but here we go anyway.

One of the things that is most striking hearing the Glee performers tackle Madonna is it exposes what a thin-voiced singer Madonna actually is.

Granted, I think Madonna is a fine performer and a much better singer than some of these auto-tuned wannabe new generation singer chicks, but singing was never really Madonna’s strong-suit.

It was her image, the songs and how to make an impression – and she continues to do it year after year, decade after decade.

That said, Lea Michele literally tramples over Madonna’s original version of “Express Yourself” while Jane Lynch tackling “Vogue” sounds so pitch-perfect and accurate, it’s hard to tell it’s not Madonna on the track.
Review of the TV episode:

'Glee': How Much Madonna is Too Much Madonna?

Excerpt:
  • Did I mention it's Madonna week? Madonna.

[Critic] Meghan Brown (co-founder of the Giraffe Hunt Theater in Los Angeles):

Not to be grumpy... but wasn't tonight's episode sort of pointless? Yeah, alterna-Finn is somehow in New Directions and there was some convoluted virginity triangle (which, incidentally, resulted in the night's best musical number), but overall the overhyped Madonna-centric episode seemed to exist without any narrative function whatsoever.

A major contributing factor is the general uselessness of the musical numbers. Look, I get it. Musical numbers are fun! And they make Glee special. But there's got to be reasoning deeper than "the girls are sad 'cause boys are mean! MADONNA TIME!"

Musical Theater is about elevated emotions. Characters sing because their feelings are too large, too bare, too explosive to be contained by speech alone. In a well-crafted musical the songs push the story forward. Tonight, I'd argue that the vast majority of the songs were in place so that there would be songs in place.

I am also the only living person who doesn't like Madonna. So there.
Glee's Madonna Album Eyes No. 1 on U.S. Chart

'Glee': Another Madonna Episode Is In The Works, So We Suggest A Playlist

'Glee' hoping for more Madonna?

Mihoshi Marie
Member Avatar
to whom it may concern
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

But, even though it seems to be a boring and dippy show, I am aware of it, I've heard of it before, so you better believe that Madonna, who claims not to own a TV set (but who you know watches television shows on the web) has heard of it.

I agree, and it seems that Madonna did some major backtracking in order to remain cool with the kids, and of course, current with the trends.

I can't seem to get away from this Glee stuff. I visit a lot of music blogs and message boards, and I see people posting tracks performed by the cast - apparently they're selling the performances on iTunes (along with the many American Idol performances - sigh).

I'm a little surprised she didn't appear on the show - it would have been a great opportunity for her to promote herself to the younger set. I guess she's not such a good business woman after all. :laugh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Madonna Blows Chunks · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Disclaimer: The contents of the posts contained herein are the sole property of their respective users and do not necessarily reflect the forum's views as a whole.
All content Copyright © 2005-2018 The Anti-Madonna Discussion Board, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.