Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Visit these great anti-Madonna sites:

Madonna Blows Chunks: An Anti-Madonna Blog / Site (NEW!)

Madonna Blows Chunks: An Anti-Madonna Site (site closed as of May 2017)

madonnasuxx's Anti Madonna Site (Internet Archive)

Help us keep ads off our board!

Add us to your bookmarks!
(works in FireFox and Internet Explorer)
Please read the Discussion Board Rules before joining the board!
New Madonna haters: Come introduce yourself!
Board Help & Updates

Stop Forum Spam

Full List of Emoticons
Thread Indexes:

One Stop Index Thread | Persons | Subjects A - L | Subjects M - Z | Aisha's Lawsuit

Life Universe Everything Forum Index

Barf-inducing Madonna links or news -

Flea on Twitter: @fleadip / Link to Flea's Twitter Page | Follow admin Melissa on Twitter @melissatreglia

BREAKING & IMPORTANT MADONNA-RELATED NEWS:

See the "Shout Box" Section at the bottom of the discussion board's main page for the latest anti- Madonna news and links

Welcome to The Anti-Madonna Discussion Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Katy Perry
Topic Started: Jan 22 2011, 02:42 PM (3,025 Views)
flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

I decided to give Katy Perry her own thread.

Perry has previous mentions in our "Other Celebrities You Find Annoying" thread (actually it's called "Who Else Nauseates You?") thread.

Quote by Super Amanda from the Perry MBC thread:
  • She can't really sing but the sincerity is there whereas in naff stuff like Firework it sounds like banshees in a microwave
Speaking of the Fireworks video/song:

I was channel surfing in the wee hours of the morning, and I saw the last half of the "Fireworks" video.

From what little I heard of the song and saw of the video, I didn't like either one.

I'm not a Perry hater (though I have found some of her previous comments/ videos annoying, troubling, or hypocritical), so when I say I don't like her new song of video, it's not a knee-jerk reaction out of a strong anti-Perry bias.

(I did like one previous Perry song. I think the song was called 'Hot and Cold'? That had a catchy melody.)

If I understand the song ("Fireworks") right, it seems to be one of those anthems that tell people 'don't let other people get you down, you're fine the way you are,' etc.

That's a nice message, but the music was not catchy and the lyrics were dorky, IMO.

At one point in the song, Perry tries to rhyme the words "Boom boom boom" with the words "Moon moon moon." :rolleyes2:

In the video, there are a lot of shots of sparks flying out of people's chests. My reaction to that was 'What in the...?' :wth:

There's a shot in Perry's video of two homosexual guys about to kiss, but the camera breaks away just as they do, then pans back as they break it off.

Regardless of how a person feels about homosexuality, I think it's kind of... cheap to include that in a video.

It comes across like pandering & an ode to political correctness:

"Hmm, I'm a pop singer, so I'm expected to defend homosexuality or be pro homosexuality. So if I have a shot in my music video of two homosexuals kissing (but then don't actually show them kissing, as that might offend), I'll seem hip, trendy, and sympathetic to homosexuals."

I mean, if this were 1961, instead of having homosexuals kissing in her video, she'd likely have a black guy kissing a black girl, but since Martin Luther King Jr.- Civil Rights-ish type stuff isn't the latest, hippest social justice trend these days, pop stars (including Perry) don't go down that avenue.

I thought Perry looked pretty in the video, I liked her hair and lip stick.

The song itself was, IMO, awful.

Perry sort of 'screeched' some of the lyrics.

There were things she "sang" in the song that weren't really words, just vowels strung together, like,
"AaaaaaAAAAA, eeeee EEEEEeeee OooooOOOooo..."

Super Amanda

@Flea and all: I think Katy Perry will go back to the fundamentalist community because at some point her secular career will end.

Her scary, Manson marriage will be a disaster and once she has a kid, hopefully her the good aspects of whatever values she was taught will convince her to get away from such a scummy life and such trashy antics.

I'm not fan but I did he[a]r some of her Christian stuff and it is the best stuff she's ever done.

She can't really sing but the sincerity is there whereas in naff stuff like Firework it sounds like banshees in a microwave
My gut feeling (and I could turn out to be totally wrong) is that Perry will at some point in the future feel ashamed for what she's doing now and may either stop secular pop (or tone down the trashy aspects of it). It might take a few years for her to get to this point.

Some people who are brought up in strong Christian families rebel at some stage, or they feel like they're "missing out," so they go out and violate the very principles they were raised to respect.

Once Perry realizes how hollow, trashy, and empty the secular pop star life is, she might turn back to her faith.

As for Perry's marriage to the stand-up comic guy (I think he's an atheist?), the Scriptures say in the New Testament that God forbids Christians from marrying non Christians (2 Corinthians 6:14, and there are other passages like that).

Assuming Perry is an actual (albeit an apparently 'back-slidden' Christian), she will regret having married a non-believer, because her non-believer husband will never accept, practice, understand or appreciate her Christianity and its values.

Unless her husband converts, I see a divorce as being highly likely. That, plus show biz marriages are notorious for failing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mihoshi Marie
Member Avatar
to whom it may concern
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I agree with everything, Flea, especially that last part about Katy possibly going back to being a proper Christian. Even now she gets bothered when celebrities are blasphemous about Christianity (I read somewhere recently about how she was annoyed by something some other singer did, but I don't remember the details). Her criticism of Lady GaGa's "Alejandro" video is a good example.

SuperAmanda
Member Avatar
Ray Of Fright
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think that freedom of speech and the freedom to judge and critique religion is way too sophisticated for Katy Perry to get-even from a pro-Christian level. I have devout Christian friends who could constructively criticize Lady Gaga without being reactionary or coming off jealous. They would not waste their time on madonna as there is no attempt at a critique just an attempt to get press. Still, that does not mean she won't go back to her roots and be a better person (and better singer hopefully) ultimately.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

I just know that Super Amanda will be first in line to buy tickets and sit in the front row! :P

Katy Perry California Dreams World Tour To Rival Lady Gaga, Pink
  • Perry's tour includes an initial UK leg in the spring and will also return later in the year for a second stint.

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Perry revealed that she had been inspired to put on an elaborate show after watching Pink's recent Circus tour.

The singer, who has aligned herself with the same director as Pink, said: Touring is no longer an ordinary thing where you play an instrument in jeans and a T-shirt.

It has some pizazz these days, and I'm definitely bringing the pizazz with a lot of bells and whistles. The show has a Broadway feel to it.

It's got a storyline that's going to be very interesting, kind of loosely based on my life, but a cartoon version."

As well as an impressive visual spectacle, Perry said that show would also smell like cotton candy.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Katy Perry's recent Rolling Stone cover was Photoshopped. I'll post links about that in the "Photoshopped" thread.
:wth: Why does she think we care or that we want to know?-
Katy Perry: I don't have sex just once a week

Is MTV pushing a Katy Perry and Robyn pre-tour feud?

Katy Perry is inadvertantly dissed by tour support act Robyn
  • By Anthony Lund on 06/02/2011

The Swedish singer avoids answering the question of whether she is a fan of Perry's music.

If you’re going to support a world famous singer on their world tour, then you would be expected to at least have a n opinion on their music. Well, unless you’re Robyn.

The Swedish pop star is the support act for Katie Perry’s California Dreams tour in the summer, but when asked if she was a fan of Perry’s work, she decided to sidestep the question rather than give an answer. A bit of a fail there.

Speaking in an interview with Time Out New York, Robyn replied to the question with “You know what? I have to go now.” Well done on bigging up the main act.

Katy Perry’s 41 show tour begins in Atlanta on the 7th June, and as well as Robyn feature’s support from Marina and The Diamonds.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Grammys: The best, worst and most puzzling performances from last night's Grammys
  • By Allison Stewart

...Last night's Grammys were weird.

Click Track has sorted through the best, worst and most head-scratching performances from last night. We can't get to them all, which means we won't be able to tackle crucial existential questions like: "Does Muse really need to exist?" so the yolk's on us. No? Too soon?

Anyway, let's get to it:

The head-scratchers

Katy Perry

How did a girl in a princess dress sitting forlornly on a swing become the latest awards show cliche? Did anyone else find the projection of her should-have-stayed-private wedding footage tacky? Still, the fact that she can't dance is oddly endearing. The fact that she can't sing, less so.
This is the caption they placed under the photo of Katy Perry on their page:
  • Katy Perry: She can't dance and she can't sing. (Mark Ralston/AFP Getty Images)

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Katy Perry Slams Britney Spears' Video?
  • Posted on Feb 21st 2011 9:34AM
    by Tina Benitez-Eves

Katy Perry is not a fan of artists' blatant product placements, which she expressed following the release of Britney Spears' most recent 'Hold It Against Me' video.

In the video, Spears holds her own perfume, Radiance, and also plugs cosmetics company Make Up Forevet, the online dating site, Plenty of Fish and Sony.

Marina Diamandis of Marina and the Diamonds, first tweeted "What is consensus on product placement in videos? As a fan, do you prefer product placement if it means bigger buget vid?"

Perry responded to Diamandis, saying "Do it w/style & grace...Not so in ur face like some. U hv to get creative w/it. Some artists don't care tho, & u can tell."

Product placement is nothing new in videos, but most of the time, the artists rarely see a dime. Advertising in music grew eight percent in 2009 over the previous year, according to research from PQ Media, while paid product placement declined by 2.8 percent.

Most recently, Lady Gaga had multiple product placements in her 'Telephone' video (featuring Beyonce), plugging multiple products, including Wonder Bread, Diet Coke, Virgin Mobile, Miracle Whip, Polaroid and Spears fave, Plentyoffish.com. Gaga manager Troy Carter said that some spots were paid but most were not, in an interview with Advertising Age last year.

Artists plugging products may never go away, but chances are we won't see Perry plugging her Purr fragrance in a video any time soon.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Based upon one or two screen caps I've seen of Perry's "ET" music video, she appears to me to be hopping on the Lady Gaga band wagon, what with the weird hair style/ make up/ strange things glued to her head/face.

Gaga is certainly not the first pop singer to dress weird, but since she's had the lion's share of the media's attention the last couple of years, maybe Perry thinks if she dressed weird for a video she'll get some attention too?

I just found this headline, coincidentally:
Katy Perry Accused Of Copying Lady Gaga
  • The 25-year-old singer appears in her latest hit 'ET' as an extraterrestrial, drawing comparisons to Gaga's 'Born This Way' video on twitter.

In her latest offering, the 'Firework' singer is depicted floating in space and is wearing heavy makeup to make her skin look blue and her features alien-like.

Fans of the 'Poker Face' star have taken to the micro-blogging website to complain that Katy's new look is too similar to Gaga's own recent sci-fi style, which includes prosthetics to make her face look robotic.

JessShuu wrote: "Katy Perry's music video for ET is too Lady Gaga for my taste. Only Lady Gaga can pull off Lady Gaga."

Meanwhile, LilohNOStitch said: "Katy perry is turning into lady gaga . i HATE the ET video. [sic]'

Even one of Katy's fans danielisbored agreed, posting: "I love Katy Perry more than Gaga but her ET video is very Gaga-ish. Unlike."
Katy Perry's 'E.T.' Video Look Inspired By Jellyfish, Stylist Says -'I just wanted [Katy] to look really odd ... but still fashionable," Carol Beadle tells MTV News.
  • Katy Perry leaves Candyfornia for outer space in her latest video, "E.T." The otherworldly clip follows an alien woman played by the Teenage Dream singer as she falls to a planet to find her lost extraterrestrial lover. While fans are used to seeing Perry in dresses made from cupcakes and cotton candy, this time around she sports flowing gowns, metal body armor and lots of intricate makeup.

Stylist Carol Beadle, who worked with director Floria Sigismondi on the style for the video, explained to MTV News that she wanted to take things to a more "avant-garde" level in the clip. "I just wanted [Katy] to look really odd, unreal if we could, but still fashionable," she said.

"I was looking at jellyfishes and amoebas; those words were constantly used and we wanted it to look like a flash of an amoeba and then it coming to life," Beadle explained about the video's fashion inspiration. "It's like falling to the sky and the amoeba brought in the color palette and I wanted to hit it with a bit of color, so that it would pop. But to make it look 2011, it has to have a context and a reference point."
Katy Perry's 'ET' - A Space Oddity

Katy Perry Fans Tell Calvin Harris To 'Kill Himself'
  • The producer/DJ got a backlash from Katy Perry fans after earlier this week (March 29) he cancelled his support slot on her UK tour.

Calvin Harris wrote the message over Twitter: ''WTF are Katy Perry fans telling me to kill myself on Twitter for? Seriously. I'm a producer making music. Leave me alone please thanks... The internet is a really depressing place sometimes."

On Tuesday (March 29) Harris tried to apologies for his last minute decision:"I am really sorry Katy Perry I'm just upset because I really wanted to play but ur (sic) team made it impossible. We tried really hard to sort it out, but playing side of stage for 30 mins, it seemed pointless me even being there. Didn't intend to cause offence or upset anybody."

Meanwhile, Russell Brand has revealed that wife Katy Perry helped him swap sex for gardening.
Harris Apologises For Perry Rant
  • Scottish Dj Calvin Harris has apologised to Katy Perry for publicly criticising the pop star over his cancelled support slot on her U.K. tour, insisting he was "upset" and "didn't intend to cause offence".

The Girls hitmaker was due to open for the singer at her concerts in Ireland and Britain, but Harris dropped out just hours before the first show kicked off in Dublin on Monday night (28Mar11).

The cancellation sparked a bitter war of words between the pair which played out on Twitter.com, with Harris claiming he pulled out of his slot because he was unhappy with the "s**t" production and Perry hitting back by responding, "It's fine, I'm used to you cancelling on me, it's become ur (sic) staple!"

The DJ has now apologised to Perry for his harsh words and for airing his opinions in such a public forum, writing in a series of posts, "I am really sorry Katy Perry I'm just upset because I really wanted to play but ur (sic) team made it impossible. We tried really hard to sort it out, but playing side of stage for 30 mins, it seemed pointless me even being there. Didn't intend to cause offence or upset anybody."

And Harris revealed he wasn't impressed by the reaction of Perry's fans, who lambasted the DJ for falling out with the pop star.

He adds, "Wtf (what the f**k) are Katy Perry fans telling me to kill myself on Twitter for? Seriously. I'm a producer making music. Leave me alone please thanks... The internet is a really depressing place sometimes.

"The whole KP (Katy Perry) stuff shd (should) never have been on Twitter, I was trying 2 (sic) handle it pro (professionally) behind the scenes but I won't let myself get ripped (criticised) like that."
Katy Perry scores fifth US number one
  • Katy Perry has scored her fifth number one on the Billboard Hot 100 with 'E.T.'.

The track, which sold 254,000 downloads last week, also becomes her fourth consecutive number one hit - a feat last seen from Usher's 2004 Confessions album.

"I am so thrilled that 'E.T.' has landed at No. 1," Perry told Billboard. "I want to thank all the fans who contributed to this amazing feat and radio, which has been an essential part of my continued existence. I truly appreciate all the support of my creative twists and turns."
Why Katy Perry's E.T. is Bad for Girls [VIDEO]
  • Anyone who’s seen me on stage in the last few months knows that I am amassing a half-hour special’s worth of stand-up material on everything that’s wrong with Katy Perry. Before I get a rash of criticism from her fans, let me say this: Katy Perry is beautiful and she has a great voice. She does. It’s just too bad she’s using it to sing such terrible lyrics.

Song after song, Perry dispenses poor advice to her young listeners – and like any pop star, many of her listeners are tweens and teens. As I noted in my Joke of the Week for Time Out New York, “I hate the way Katy Perry oversimplifies things. In Firework she says, ‘After a hurricane comes a rainbow.’ Actually, Katy, sometimes after a hurricane comes an oil spill.” The optimistic message that life can turn on a dime in your favor, though inaccurate, isn’t harmful. It’s just humorous.

But the lyrics to her latest release, “E.T.,” should make any mother’s antennae perk up. First of all, your described lover is not an alien, Katy. It sounds like you’re in love with a sociopath. (Take it from one who knows.) Secondly, the last thing impressionable girls need to be listening to is a song that advocates being abducted and probed in lyrics by Kanye West, whose “Monster” video is filled with female corpses hanging from nooses.

Here’s a look at the video with the lyrics below. Am I overreacting? Tell me what you think. One of the reasons Katy Perry strikes such a chord with me is because her bubble gum pop is so easy to swallow, the horrible messages in these lyrics are taken like candy – something kids eat without even thinking. West’s last verse is particularly troublesome, (Imma disrobe you/Then Imma probe you/See I abducted you/So I tell you what to do) especially in the wake of all the sexual assault cases against children that we’ve covered in the last few weeks.

[snip video]

[Katy Perry ET song lyrics]:

Kanye West:

I got a dirty mind I got filthy ways
    I’m tryna bathe my eyes in your milky way
    I’m a legend I’m irreverent I’ll be reverend
    I’ll be so far up
    We don’t give a f***
    Welcome to the danger zone
    Step into the fantasy
    You are not invited to the other side of sanity
    They callin’ me an alien a big headed astronaut
    Maybe it’s because yo boy Yeezy get a** a lot

Katy Perry:

You’re so hypnotizing
    Could you be the devil
    Could you be an angel
    Your touch magnetizing
    Feels like I am floating
    Leaves my body glowing

They say be afraid
    You’re not like the others
    Futuristic lover
    Different DNA
    They don’t understand you

You’re from a whole other world
    A different dimension
    You open my eyes
    And I’m ready to go
    Lead me into the light

Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and
    Fill me with your poison

Take me, ta-ta-take me
    Wanna be a victim
    Ready for abduction

Boy, you’re an alien
    Your touch are foreign
    It’s supernatural
    Extraterrestrial

You’re so supersonic
    Wanna feel your powers
    Stun me with your lasers
    Your kiss is cosmic
    Every move is magic

CHORUS

Kanye West:

I know a bar out in mars
    Where they driving spaceships instead of cars
    Cop a Prada space suit about the stars
    Getting stupid ha straight up out the jars
    Pockets on Shrek, rockets on deck
    Tell me whats next? Alien sex.
    Imma disrobe you
    Then Imma probe you
    See I abducted you
    So I tell you what to do

CHORUS

OnyxDragon01
Member Avatar
Ray Of Fright
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You know the lyrics are kind of Lady Gaga-ish too. They remind me of that silly song Gaga did called Future Love. What wth the outer space references and all. I think Katy's just another cog in the machine. I got bored with her after Hot 'N Cold came out.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Male Model [Eric Zentner, age 30] That Was in Perry Video Killed in Hit and Run

Male Model Eric Zentner Killed in Hit-and-Run N

Fashion model Eric Zentner killed in CA hit-and-run
  • A man killed in a weekend hit-and-run accident was a successful fashion model.

Eric Zentner, 30, has modeled for Versace and Louis Vuitton. He also appeared in Katy Perry's music video for "Hot N Cold."

Early Saturday, Zentner was on his way to visit his mother in the Sacramento area when he ran out of gas near Buellton.

The California Highway Patrol said he got out, started walking and was hit.

Authorities found pieces of plastic and light blue paint at the scene believed to belong to a light blue Dodge Caravan.

Zentner's family is asking the driver to come forward.
More stories about her video allegedly being a Gaga knock off have been published.

Katy Perry's New Video Draws Comparisons To Lady Gaga

Katy Perry accused of copying Lady Gaga

Katy Perry Accused of Copying Lady Gaga
  • Contact Music reports that fans and critics alike have been saying the video bares too close of a resemblance to Lady Gagas video for Born This Way. Fans are saying that the alien theme has already been done recently and that Perry is simply impersonating Gagas style.

No comments have been released from either singer on the similarities between the two videos.

Mihoshi Marie
Member Avatar
to whom it may concern
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I haven't watched the "Born This Way" video (and never will) but I have seen the "ET" video, and the makeup for both videos is similar (and I base this on screenshots of both videos).

Nobody in the industry is original anymore.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Going by what she says in this interview, Perry's parents do sound as though they were ridiculously excessive and too restrictive.

However, I don't agree with the tone of Perry's interview, which makes it sound as though being a Christian is always, or necessarily, tantamount to being a wet blanket, being close-minded, or inexperienced in life.

In another 15-20 years, after she gets more life experiences and undergoes some personal traumas (say her husband divorces her or he gets killed in a car wreck, or she gets diagnosed with cancer)....

She'll likely realize the folly of her current lifestyle/view points and realize her parents, (though absurdly restrictive in some aspects), were none-the-less correct on many basic points.

I'm afraid this is the kind of thing a lot of people have to learn first hand themselves, though.

They won't take my word for it, or their parents' teaching on the matter -if they did, they'd spare themselves a lot of heartache and grief in life.

Katy Perry: Strict Christian Upbringing Kept Me From Having a Childhood
  • Singer Katy Perry says she left her strict religious upbringing behind her after evangelical-minister parents left her without a childhood.

The sexy pop singer is on the June cover of Vanity Fair magazine, where she reveals the differences between hers and her parents way of thinking .

I didnt have a childhood, she tells the magazine, adding that she was not allowed to say things like deviled eggs or Dirt Devil, to listen to secular music or read any other books but the Bible.

Growing up, seeing Planned Parenthood, it was considered like the abortion clinic. I was always scared I was going to get bombed when I was there I didnt know it was more than that, that it was for women and their needs. I didnt have insurance, so I went there and I learned about birth control.

Earlier this month, Perrys mother revealed that she was shopping a book about her daughters career choices impact on her ministry, saying she was proud of Katy, but disagreed with a lot of choices she makes in her career.

I think sometimes when children grow up, their parents grow up, Katy Perry tells Vanity Fair. Mine grew up with me. We coexist. I dont try to change them anymore, and I dont think they try to change me. We agree to disagree. Theyre excited about [my success]. Theyre happy that things are going well for their three children and that theyre not on drugs. Or in prison.

Perry credits her husband, actor Russell Brand, with opening her mind even more.

I come from a very non-accepting family, but Im very accepting, Perry says of her current religious beliefs. Russell is into Hinduism, and Im not [really] involved in it. He meditates in the morning and the evening; Im starting to do it more because it really centers me. [But] I just let him be him, and lets me be me.

Ive always been the kid whos asked Why? In my faith, youre just supposed to have faith. But I was always like why? she says. At this point, Im just kind of a drifter. Im open to possibility. My sponge is so big and wide and Im soaking everything up and my mind has been radically expanded. Just being around different cultures and people and their opinions and perspectives. Just looking into the sky.

The June issue of Vanity Fair hits newsstands everywhere May 10.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Is Katy Perry scalping her own tickets?

Katy Perry spent every week of the last year in the Hot 100 top 10-what did YOU do?

Katy Perry Spends Whole Year In US Singles Chart

Katy Perry Miffed Over Mom's Memoir

Katy Perry 'furious' with mum's memoir

Katy Perry's Tour Demands: 'Absolutely No Carnations' & No Talking to Her
  • The Smoking Gun website has gotten hold of Katy Perry's tour rider, the list of backstage requirements -- some say demands -- that an artist makes when they hit the road. Katy's is pretty specific, not so much when it comes to food, but when it comes to flowers, of all things.

The rider states that in her dressing room, Katy must have "white and purple hydrangeas, pink & white roses and peonies." If those flowers are not available, the rider says that Katy will accept a "selection of seasonal white flowers, to include white orchids." But there's one particular blossom promoters are forbidden to put in the dressing room -- the rider says, "ABSOLUTELY NO CARNATIONS,” all caps, underlined. In addition, Katy specifies that her dressing room must be draped in cream or soft pink, and furnished with "French ornate style" floor lamps, a refrigerator with a glass door and "two cream-colored egg chairs, one of which should have a footstool."

When it comes to her hotel, Katy insists on a presidential suite in a five-star hotel, with free breakfast and Internet. One entire page of the rider is dedicated to instructions for her driver, including the fact that he or she isn't to "start a conversation with" or "talk" to Katy, nor "stare at" her in "the backseat through the rearview mirror." And, of course, no asking for pictures or autographs. The rider also specifies that the driver's side window must always be "halfway down" at each pickup and drop-off.

As for her backstage food requests, Katy likes Pinot Grigio wine, dry-roasted salted edamame, organic fruit and freeze-dried strawberries.

OnyxDragon01
Member Avatar
Ray Of Fright
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:argh: You have got to be kidding me. I hate when celebrities act like spoiled brats. Especially celebs who get two hit albums and then start acting like they're the best thing to hit Hollywood. :angry: And Katy can't even sing well live so why act like a total b***h?

Marilynrules62
Ray Of Fright
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
OnyxDragon01
May 23 2011, 01:53 PM
:argh: You have got to be kidding me. I hate when celebrities act like spoiled brats. Especially celebs who get two hit albums and then start acting like they're the best thing to hit Hollywood. :angry: And Katy can't even sing well live so why act like a total b***h?

I LOOVE her video E.T., but I'm starting to dislike her ego and maybe even her. :bad:

Mihoshi Marie
Member Avatar
to whom it may concern
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I agree about the rider. That is just ridiculous. I hope she's going to pay for all that crap herself but I highly doubt it.

She isn't talented enough or established enough to have such a massive ego.

According to some fantard at The Smoking Gun (in the comments) the reason for the "no staring" rule is so that the chauffeurs don't stare too much and get distracted from driving, or something. At first I thought that made sense, but then again I don't think many chauffeurs are all that star struck, and I cannot imagine any driver being so star struck by Katy Perry as to be distracted from driving. She's just the flavor of the moment, and she's not as big as Lady GaGa.

Another fantard mentioned that Katy is "extremely" allergic to carnations. If that's true, then I cannot blame her for making sure there are no carnations in her dressing room/hotel room.

Go here to read all the crazy fan comments (scroll down).

Flea, that last link in your post isn't working for me.

OnyxDragon01
Member Avatar
Ray Of Fright
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I found a horrible performance of Katy Perry from the AMA's. It was just too bad to resist posting.

Katy Perry AMA's Fireworks Performance(bad)

WARNING!:Intense bleeding of the ears and sudden headache or migraine may occur. Please proceed with caution.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

Katy Perry's parents (last name = Hudson) are on a Christian show called "Praise the Lord." They're being interviewed by Paula White (White makes my skin crawl).

Perry's dad is bald, has a wisp of a white beard, and wears thick, black framed glasses.

They seem like nice people so far.

flea dip
Member Avatar
Rock Star From Mars

This is one of the strangest headlines I've ever seen:

Katy Perry: Not pregnant, just likes Taco Bell
  • Although Katy Perry's said she's considered having kids with husband Russell Brand, that doesn't mean she's currently with child.

The 27-year-old "California Gurl" is clearing up rumors that she's carrying a baby, especially after an ensemble she wore to Sunday's American Music Awards, People reports.

Perry told Hollyscoop "Hell no!" to the inquiry as to whether she's expecting, and she added to The Insider that one is more likely to find a cheeseburger in her belly than a baby.

The singer broke down the pregnancy rumors thusly: "I like In-N-Out Burger and Taco Bell, and if you want to make that pregnant, that's your problem."

Besides, she says, "I still love drinking alcohol, so no, not yet."

OnyxDragon01
Member Avatar
Ray Of Fright
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Katy Perry and Russell Brand Split Up

I know I put this in another thread but I had to ask. Didn't someone here once say, like a few months back, that Katy's marriage was gonna end soon?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Life, The Universe And Everything · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Disclaimer: The contents of the posts contained herein are the sole property of their respective users and do not necessarily reflect the forum's views as a whole.
All content Copyright 2005-2018 The Anti-Madonna Discussion Board, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.