Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Heavenly Host Elementary School: A Corpse Party Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Corpse Party: Expanding Curse; A first person CP experience, Current version v0.1.0
Topic Started: December 25, 2014, 1:05 pm (6,140 Views)
Member Avatar
Best Friend
Current Version: v0.1.0, "Yoshikazu"
Trello: click here
Posted Image
I posted this picture on the forums awhile ago- part of a game I was working on then I got bored of CP and left. XP
Anyway, I've started work on it again, and am currently working on the assets. So far, this is what I have (Updated as I make more)
Space Heater (untextured)(Outdated)

Desk (Finished)

Infirmary Bed (Need materials for mattress)

Desk, Chair, and Candle (Artwork!)

Infirmary (Incomplete)

Classroom 1-A (Incomplete)

The internet is an amazing thing. It allows people from all over the world to connect with each other. You can communicate with people halfway around the world and watch their TV shows with the click of a button. Some people spend hours every day doing this- such is the case with high school senior and otaku James Murphy. On the day before their graduation, he proposes a charm to his friends known as Sachiko Ever After- another weird thing from Japan. By performing the charm, supposedly, they'll be friends forever. His friends are skeptical, but they go along with it.
Suddenly, they find themselves in a strange place. It's a school, all right, but like no school they've ever seen. The place is littered with corpses, and there are posters all over the place written in Chinese or something. What is this place? More importantly, how do they get out?

Characters (more to come)
Noah Fletcher
The main character, a high school senior at Ulysses S. Grant High School. A bit of a jerk, can be selfish at times. Dislikes James.

James Murphy
17 years old, a high school senior and an otaku. Kind of a coward.

Art Style
The art style is going to be photorealistic (imitates real life) to start, because it's extremely hard to get good results with cartoon styles in 3D games, but it should end up looking something like this once I get far enough along. This is because a part of corpse party's horror comes from the pixelated graphics- it leaves the worst stuff up to the imagination. Notice how Yoshiki is blocking the part where Ayumi gets cut in half during that wrong end (see here). Also, I plan on making it a first-person game, since (a) it's easier to do that way and (b) It can add to the sense of being trapped.

Arguably the biggest part of Corpse Party's horror comes from the sound design. Bones cracking, the screams, the disgusting "squick" sound that happens when they pull out the scissors... you name it, CP shines in this department. I'm going to try to duplicate that here- there will be plenty of ambient sounds throughout, from people meeting their unfortunate demise, to laughs echoing throughout the halls, to footsteps drawing closer and closer...

I'm going to have several mechanics in this game, including...
Darkening meter
Remember that thing you hated from BoS? (Okay, it wasn't much of a problem, but still.) Yep, that's going in this game. It'll go up through certain actions, like looking at corpses- the longer you look at them, the more it goes up. Except in this case, it'll go back down over time, to a degree. If you're at 99% darkening, you won't go back to 0%, maybe 25%. I'm planning on letting the worst parts go unseen by using darkening effects- to see my concept, check the spoiler below.
Darkening Effects Concept

When darkened, your vision will be distorted, and you'll do more violent things, such as punching windows instead of just trying to open them. Enemies are also more likely to notice you, and sometimes your character will do the opposite of what you tell them to do (Think when your pokemon's level gets too high). Movement speed will be increasingly slowed.

General gameplay
Your only goal is to survive for as long as you can. Outrun the ghost children, hide from Yoshikazu, defend yourself from darkened students. Heavenly Host is a place of death, how long can you hold onto your life?

Thanks for reading my game concept! I'm super pumped for this, and I hope you are too! Comments, questions, and suggestions all welcome and appreciated.
Again, thanks for reading!

Edited by nopinky, February 20, 2015, 11:51 am.
When all else fails, use a bigger gun.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
Lizzie Bellinda
Member Avatar
A sky mage.
This look intresting I will follow it.
“Just know, when you truly want success, you’ll never give up on it. No matter how bad the situation may get.” – Unknown

“I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.” – Unknown

“Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?” – Unknown

“We learn something from everyone who passes through our lives.. Some lessons are painful, some are painless.. but, all are priceless.” – Unknown

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
Posted Image

Member Avatar
I like your concept a lot :3 and i love the logo i wish i was able to make logos like that ;_;

Posted Image
Shigitou burikaa
Member Avatar
give me a reason to care once more. new mod for the grt. -in sachiko I trust-

I shall also follow this.
It looks neat!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Imageste teraz mojej obete. Vitajte v mojom herňa, zvieratko. Ja som teraz mučiť vás.Posted Image
i am servent to no one.
I'm married to nana!
Member Avatar
Best Friend
Thank you, everyone! I'll try not to disappoint.
Sonic: I posted a tutorial on this awhile ago- http://w11.zetaboards.com/corpseparty/single/?p=8266563&t=10705680. Hope it helps!
Edited by nopinky, December 25, 2014, 1:11 pm.
Posted Image
Cain Marder
Member Avatar
If you need a game tester, you know where am I, and if I'm not there, then it seems that I'm at a grocerie, so leave a message on the phone ... wait wut?
(But seriously now, I'll follow :D )
Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted Image
" ... You welcome, I love you ... Ima gonna die now... Oh shit, here they come, I'm fuckin' dead, this car has no traction... NOO!! Don't kill me!! Anything but this! WHY I'M MAKIN' DONUTS?!?!"

" This keer Posted Image !!!"
Member Avatar

December 25, 2014, 1:05 pm
Space Heater (untextured) [snip] based on a 1919 Perfection brand oil heater- I know it's too old to be in HH, but I'm invoking rule of cool here because the ones from the '70s look too modern.
Posted Image

Why not design a space heater like this? This is an actual space heater made back in 1952 which would match better with the time of Heavenly Host. Not to mention it looks exactly like the space heater used in the Infirmary of Corpse Party.

To those curious, the exact name of this space heater is called a Vintage Aladdin Space Heater (Antique Aladdin Space Heater also works).
Edited by enigmaopoeia, December 25, 2014, 3:32 pm.
~ enigmaopoeia
Member Avatar
Best Friend
Hey, that looks pretty cool! I couldn't find any photo refs for a heater like that. I'll make a model of that as soon as I finish the other assets :P
(Also, finished infirmary bed, updated original post).
EDIT: I also figured the space heater would be from the '70s, since that was when HH was torn down.
Edited by nopinky, December 25, 2014, 5:26 pm.
Posted Image
knight kun
Member Avatar
This is really cool! Looking forward to it.
The Unknown
That could have been my idea... already.
Thank you for making this game based on my idea...!
... and I hope it doesn't require 3D glasses...
Edited by TheDarkened, December 25, 2014, 9:09 pm.
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Demos · Next Topic »
Add Reply