Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Heavenly Host Elementary School: A Corpse Party Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
About the recent outage
Topic Started: November 23, 2016, 7:05 pm (175 Views)
Ajogamer
Member Avatar

The forums just got back online from a multi-day outage, so I thought I'd make a quick post here to let those wondering know what was up:

Basically, the hardware running multiple Zetaboard servers (including the one these forums are on) ended up having a failure, so they had to replace the hardware and restore from the backups they had.

The issue was actually resolved pretty quickly and without any issue (since it was a simple problem and they make constant backups), though the outage ended up resulting in a decent bit of downtime due to how long it took to restore all the server data onto the new hardware.

If anyone wants the full details, you can check this post on the official Zetaboards support forum, which is where all the updates went while the servers were in the process of being restored.

In any case, since this was just a random hardware failure that's been taken care of, we likely shouldn't have to worry about any similar downtime anytime soon.
Edited by Ajogamer, November 23, 2016, 7:05 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ryon
Member Avatar
Crimson Squad Leader
Hope that won't happen again. I was looking at the support log daily to check progress. Thank the rings it's back to be up here!
When in doubt.... Retreat to the Infirmary!!!
Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Principal's Office · Next Topic »
Add Reply