Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Heavenly Host Elementary School: A Corpse Party Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient headed Westward (Fall 2018)
Topic Started: May 22, 2018, 10:39 am (440 Views)
enigmaopoeia
Member Avatar

Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient Headed Westward In Fall 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=116&v=AyWCl4Luho0

About

The nightmare has returned five years after the events of Corpse Party: Blood Drive with an average junior high school student, Ayame Itou, suddenly finding her life turned upside down in the most unsettling way possible. Upon waking from a coma strapped to an operating table in a ransacked and seemingly abandoned hospital called “Amare Patriarcha Crucis,” Ayame realizes she’s locked in without any means of escape and with virtually no memories of her past. She is, however, not quite as alone as she first thought. Others occupy the mysterious hospital, but whether they are friend or foe remains to be discovered. Remains to be discovered…

Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient takes players on a dark and mysterious journey with Ayame and any other friendly faces she can find. Through the deserted halls of Amare Patriarcha Crucis, the party will solve inventory-based puzzles, collect medical charts of deceased patients, and avoid terrifying zombie-like pursuers in order to find much-needed answers, as well as—hopefully—a way out. Titled Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient NEUES in Japan, Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient is the definitive version of Dead Patient with updated graphics and additional scenarios. Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient exists as a standalone story within the Corpse Party series, allowing players to jump in regardless of their experience with past titles.

Key Features

• Brand New Setting, Same Creepy Atmosphere: This time it’s not an otherworldly elementary school, but a quarantined hospital full of bloodthirsty zombies, supernatural monsters, and scornful shades.
  • Unique Cast with Some Familiar Names: Features an all new set of dramatis personae, yet still rewards series fans by tying back into the Heavenly Host arc with a few familiar names.
  • More Interactive Environment than Ever Before: Items can be equipped and used directly on the environment to solve puzzles, or held and used in protagonist Ayame’s hands for a variety of purposes. Ayame can also hide in cabinets to evade foes.
  • Original Indie Team’s Return to PC: The same team responsible for the 2008 Windows PC edition of Corpse Party is back! Features top-down 3D graphics with dynamic lighting, 360° control, emotional Japanese voice-acting, and one of series composer Mao Hamamoto’s moodiest soundtracks to date.
Gallery @ https://gematsu.com/gallery/corpse-party-2-dead-patient/may-22-2018/

SOURCE: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/22/corpse-party-2-dead-patient-headed-westward-fall-2018/
Edited by enigmaopoeia, May 22, 2018, 10:40 am.
~ enigmaopoeia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

egg_
Member Avatar
Cursed
This is good news! And just when all hope was lost. An official translation might bring more traffic to the forum. And maybe a wider release of the game will motivate Grindhouse into keeping this project alive.
"Whoa, a talking dog! What were you guys smoking when you came up with that?"
"We ere eating Rotisserie Chicken"

3xtraFantasy86_ZBs
Member Avatar
Darkened
*Internal Screaming due to excitement*

Where will my Christmas money go ? On this game ! I'm so impatient to meet daddy Morishige and the others again !

cloud8100
Member Avatar
Ally
So excited to be able to finally play DP! I'm surprised though, I really didn't think they'd consider it. At least until other chapters were out or something in Japan. Day one purchase definitely.

Shadow Hakai
Member Avatar
Retaining Eyes
I Can't Believe It's Not Dead! (tm)

Finally, Corpse Party news, and CP2 to boot! I'm so hyped!
Welcome to the Corpse Party.

Posted Image

3xtraFantasy86_ZBs
Member Avatar
Darkened
Sadly, XSEEDS revealed on their Twitter that it's only going to have Chapter 1 and EX Chapter 1 for now ;-;

Ajogamer
Member Avatar

3xtraFantasy86_ZBs
May 23, 2018, 4:48 pm
Sadly, XSEEDS revealed on their Twitter that it's only going to have Chapter 1 and EX Chapter 1 for now ;-;
Yup. That's all that's released in Japanese currently, so that's to be expected. XSEED are only the localizers, so they need to wait for GrindHouse to make Chapter 2 onward before they can translate and release any of those other chapters in English.

3xtraFantasy86_ZBs
Member Avatar
Darkened
Ajogamer
May 23, 2018, 5:55 pm
3xtraFantasy86_ZBs
Yup. That's all that's released in Japanese currently, so that's to be expected. XSEED are only the localizers, so they need to wait for GrindHouse to make Chapter 2 onward before they can translate and release any of those other chapters in English.
I think Team GrindHouse will release the rest of the game instead of just Chapter 2

Shadow Hakai
Member Avatar
Retaining Eyes
3xtraFantasy86_ZBs
May 24, 2018, 5:04 am
Ajogamer
May 23, 2018, 5:55 pm
3xtraFantasy86_ZBs
I think Team GrindHouse will release the rest of the game instead of just Chapter 2
In an ideal world, that would be the case. However, I'm still rather skeptical. It's been a while, a few years, and the only thing was announced before this was the new engine. Considering how long that took...
Edited by Shadow Hakai, May 24, 2018, 12:32 pm.
Welcome to the Corpse Party.

Posted Image

Ajogamer
Member Avatar

I really doubt they'd release the rest all at once. Blood Covered was also a chapter-by-chapter release with the original PC version, so it makes sense for GrisGris/GrindHouse to stick with that, plus I imagine they'll be making the game one chapter at a time anyway, so if they were to avoid releasing it one chapter at a time, that'd mean a longer wait, not a shorter one (which is another reason I see them initially releasing it all at once as unlikely).

That said, I'm sure it'll be possible to buy all chapters together once they're all released, so if anyone doesn't like buying Dead Patient chapter-by chapter, that option should still be available; it just means more wait.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient · Next Topic »
Add Reply