Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Heavenly Host Elementary School: A Corpse Party Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Corpse Party (PC): Chapter 1
Topic Started: May 26, 2018, 6:34 pm (687 Views)
moneko
Member Avatar
dedpankek
Recently I got ahold of what appears to be a copy of the PC edition of BloodCovered Chapter 1, which is strange because up until just a few weeks ago I didn't know it existed (according to the Corpse Party Wiki, the first physical volume of the PC game was the Chapter 1+2 disc).

Posted Image

I was a little skeptical about it being legitimate at first, but I did some digging and found a few mentions of it on the old GrisGris blog. I wondering if anyone had ever heard of it before.

http://gris2.blog70.fc2.com/blog-entry-85.html
Edited by moneko, May 26, 2018, 9:44 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

enigmaopoeia
Member Avatar

It is legitimate as I also own it myself.

Regarding the Japanese version, here are all of the PC versions of the game that has been released physically:

• Corpse Party: BloodCovered 1+2
  • Corpse Party: BloodCovered 3
  • Corpse Party: BloodCovered 3 Append Disc
  • Corpse Party: BloodCovered 1+2+3 Limited Edition
  • Corpse Party: BloodCovered 4
  • Corpse Party: BloodCovered 4 (Another Jacket Version)
  • Corpse Party: BloodCovered 5
~ enigmaopoeia

moneko
Member Avatar
dedpankek
Thanks!

enigmaopoeia
Member Avatar

Ah, I never saw the picture before on the first post and it just loaded for me.

That's a very unusual cover. I am usually used to the DVD-sized box with Naomi on it, like so. (Yours is a CD-sized box which I never seen before!) Is it possible for you to take more pictures of it because I am curious about this one.
~ enigmaopoeia

moneko
Member Avatar
dedpankek
Sure. Here are some more images of the back and interior of the box, as well as the "Read Me" text file from the disc. The text file indicates that this was apparently distributed at Comiket 73.
I've also made a quick scan of the paper insert so that the text is clearer; apologies if the quality isn't the best.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Scan: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2nmh2dtmwk9r5g3/copainsertscan.png

As you mentioned, the unusual packaging was something I also found strange, as well as the fact that the disc is completely barren of any sort of printing whatsoever, unlike the Chapter 1+2 editions onward. So I thought that maybe what could have happened was that someone copied the game files from the original disc onto a different, blank one. Also, the paper insert is odd in that the edges are shaped in a way as though someone cut it out by hand, which also led me to think that this might be a fake.
However I considered the possibility that the lower production quality might be simply due to the fact that these were handmade to be sold only at Comiket, and were never intended for a wider release like future physical releases.

In regards to the game itself, I can post more screenshots or possibly send you the files in a little while if you are interested. I've only played through about 1/3 of the chapter so far but there were some interesting things I noticed that I'm not sure are present in the later Chapter 1 + 2 version, since I don't own it (although I do own Chapter 3, and it's definitely changed in that).

Spoiler: click to toggle
Attached to this post:
Attachments: _________________________________.txt (2.01 KB)
Edited by enigmaopoeia, May 28, 2018, 9:51 pm.

enigmaopoeia
Member Avatar

Yeah, I am believing this must be the CD that was sold at Comiket 73 which is quite cool because I personally have never seen it before. Seems that you can buy it online as well. So good job on having this piece of history!!

Personally, I am curious what changes was made from BloodCovered 1 to BloodCovered 1+2...

EDIT: I was curious about the changes, so I have added screenshots for those curious between the Corpse Party BloodCovered Cover.1 to an unpatched version of Corpse Party BloodCovered 1+2:

Changes from Corpse Party BloodCovered Cover.1 VS. Corpse Party BloodCovered 1+2

EDIT2: Made corrections to the above thanks to moneko!
Edited by enigmaopoeia, May 29, 2018, 1:55 am.
~ enigmaopoeia

moneko
Member Avatar
dedpankek
Wow, this is pretty cool! Thanks for providing comparison shots!

By the way, for the fourth set, the blue spirit in the corner is actually the spirit of the corpse, who moves there once Ryou enters the room from the door on the right. Ryou then proceeds to attack the spirit, who then disappears.

Sachiko actually does not appear in this chapter at all, as far as I could tell. I couldn't find any trace of a Sachiko sprite in the files, either.

EDIT: Also the sprite for the corpse looks a little different, too.
Edited by moneko, May 28, 2018, 8:57 pm.

enigmaopoeia
Member Avatar

I am slowly doing comparison screenshots of Chapter 1 for those interested. Do note that I am currently comparing the Comiket 73 version of Corpse Party BloodCovered Cover.1 with the unpatched version of Corpse Party BloodCovered 1+2. (Do note that any files that are from Chapter 2 is not included in this comparison.)

NOTE: When it comes to the screenshots, the Comiket 73 version (abbreviated as BC1) is on left/top and BloodCovered 1+2 (abbreviated as BC1+2) is on the right/bottom.

Comparisons: Game Folder, Sprites & Graphics, and Config.exe

I will take more screenshots later on!
Edited by enigmaopoeia, May 30, 2018, 11:01 pm.
~ enigmaopoeia

Shadow Hakai
Member Avatar
Retaining Eyes
My eyes are glued to this thread

NEW CONTENT NEW CONTENT NEW C
Welcome to the Corpse Party.

Posted Image

enigmaopoeia
Member Avatar

Okay, I am comparing the game portions. Do note that I cannot compare every single thing out there, like any differences in audio (background music and SFX), screen changes (fade-outs, camera panning, etc.), and other minor stuff. So basically I am mainly gonna focus on graphics and script. Also when it comes to the script, I will be using XSEED's translation of the PSP game so long as it matches BC1+2. (Only due to the fact that I don't have the translated PC script on hand.) If there are any slight changes in the script, I'll try my best to reflect them in the dialogue changes.

NOTE: When it comes to the screenshots, the Comiket 73 version (abbreviated as BC1) is on left and BloodCovered 1+2 (abbreviated as BC1+2) is on the right.

Comparison: Title Screen & Opening

I'll get more comparisons in by tomorrow. Enjoy!
Edited by enigmaopoeia, June 1, 2018, 8:37 am.
~ enigmaopoeia

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Corpse Party (Blood Covered: ...Repeated Fear) · Next Topic »
Add Reply