Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the DragonVale Wiki Forum. If you wish to return to the wiki, please click here.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you are a new user, please register here.

REGISTER LINK WORKS NOW, SORRY. )x

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Butterfly Dragon; Firefly + Air element dragon
Topic Started: May 9 2012, 07:40 PM (39,561 Views)
Mōri Motonari
Member Avatar
Okra Lord
Ho hum another dragon, another time to breed.

Incubation/Breeding time is 12 hours, for those of you that are unsure.

Wiki page, for more information.

The thinking is that Butterfly requires Firefly within its pairing. Can we confirm/debunk this?

Edit; As of this edit, successful results for Butterfly seem to consist of the Firefly Dragon plus Air Dragon or an air hybrid.

Edit2; Please be aware that, like Sakura, BackFlip can change the breeding rules for this dragon at any time.
Edited by Sylvandyr, Jun 21 2013, 02:45 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lavenda

I know a few people getting it with air & firefly, but that is the only combiantion I can recall hearing so can't disprove the firefly theory

RuffianRules

I would think that Scorch should work too.

Lavenda

it's just a question of whether it has special breeding requirements like most of the recent ones have had.

RuffianRules

Yea, I know. Backflip is like that. I got 12 hour breeding Air + Firefly. So it is quite possible.
I'm sure Fletch would love to do some testing for us. ;)

scarreddragon

So three new dragons today! Woo! A favor from someone if they don't mind... the wiki is blocked on this computer but not the forum... could someone post up a little info about each dragon for me? I know the three new ones are Butterfly, Current, and Plasma, but not much else. Someone said current was water and storm... any other pairings to try for the others?

Sorry to be a bother ;=;
Edited by scarreddragon, May 9 2012, 09:29 PM.

Fletch_smf
Member Avatar

I will indeed do some testing on this tonight.

Is Butterfly Limited?

Mōri Motonari
Member Avatar
Okra Lord
We don't know yet. There's actually been arguments going around as to whether it is or not. I have it up on the eggs chart as limited for now, simply because only epics and limited dragons have unique eggs, but we honestly don't know

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fletch_smf
Member Avatar

Bereou
May 9 2012, 09:42 PM
We don't know yet. There's actually been arguments going around as to whether it is or not. I have it up on the eggs chart as limited for now, simply because only epics and limited dragons have unique eggs, but we honestly don't know
Fair enough. I guess because it's got 3 elements it can't use the usual system of egg creation. Cheers.

EDIT: Looking at the egg design now, if those circles had been red eggs with lightning bolts, they would have given themselves a new way of designing multi-element dragon eggs.
Edited by Fletch_smf, May 9 2012, 10:01 PM.

Dunkelzahn
Member Avatar

On my test account Firefly & Blazing worked at the 11th try.

100 tries with Scorch & Blazing -> No Butterfly.

Along with the reported combos at the wiki page i assume Firefly & Air-type is the breeding rule.
Edited by Dunkelzahn, May 10 2012, 01:56 AM.

Fletch_smf
Member Avatar

Ran off 25 Scorch + Air with no Butterfly. Firefly + Air/Air Hybrid it is.

RuffianRules

@Fletch & @Dunk - Thanks!! As always, very helpful information. Appreciate you taking the time to test it!

Mōri Motonari
Member Avatar
Okra Lord
Butterfly confirmed as limited, as I thought.

Posted Image

Posted Image

deejayucla

Do we know if Plasma and Current are permanent? If they are, I can get my Butterflys and go back to trying for my Panlongs.

Mōri Motonari
Member Avatar
Okra Lord
Yes, Plasma and Current should be permanent. They have regular egg styling, indicating they are normal hybrids.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Rae of the ZetaBoardsThemeZone.