Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the DragonVale Wiki Forum. If you wish to return to the wiki, please click here.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you are a new user, please register here.

REGISTER LINK WORKS NOW, SORRY. )x

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
How do you keep track of your dragons!
Topic Started: Jun 26 2012, 07:24 PM (3,917 Views)
scarreddragon

Now that there are so many dragons, I find the need to keep track of what I have and what I am missing on paper. I usually print off the wiki's egg page and keep track of what I have there, and then write on post-it notes or on lined paper what I still need.

The biggest thing I have trouble keeping track of are shrines; I've basically just stopped trying to figure out what I need to breed, and have been concentrating on just getting all my extra dragons (tons of panlongs!) to level 15. I guess once I've done that I'll go back through and deal with it then.

So how do you guys keep track? I fully admit I am weird and ocd, and like to write things down since it helps me keep track in my head. How does everyone else do it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wapatango
Member Avatar

I also write things down, but I use an excel spreadsheet. My spreadsheet includes: breed times, dragon, best breeding combo, and how many I need in my first account, and how many in my second. I can print it out to keep with the ipad, or look at it and quickly make changes on the computer. I only started doing this when I realized that there were certain dragons I needed to get as quickly as possible, and how many dragons I only had 1 of. Before that, I mostly used a white board I have hanging in my hall.

Sylvandyr
Member Avatar

I guess I'm weird, I just remember it all :P Now if only my memory applied to tests back when I still took them, I'd have been golden. But tests are dumb anyway, they don't make you apply your skills like projects do. XD

Unregistered

I always thought that one feature is missing in DragonVale - and that is dragon inventory. The only way to see all your dragons is to wait for competition or breeding to finish, then you still have to look up your hibernation cave content. Would be nice to have single screen... Otherwise I've had these situations - "OMG, my daughter must've sold last crystal, how would we get emerald now. Oh, ok she just moved it"
Quote Post Goto Top

pgoon
Member Avatar

I keep a spreadsheet too, i have a breeding log, I keep a sheet with all of the dragons in order by earninig rate, and another tab with my habitats so I can calculate the earning for each habitat and find the best habitat and boost combos to max my dragon cash. I also keep track of what my current DV goals are, which dragons are a priority, etc. ... i have a problem...

PS Scareddragon - if you want to PM me i can send you my spreadsheet to take a look at...
Edited by pgoon, Jun 27 2012, 10:17 AM.

scarreddragon

thanks pgoon, doing that now...

wapatango
Member Avatar

I used to keep track of earning rates and habitats for the dragons I had so that I could find the best spot for them, etc... Then I realized how pointless it was for me, since I have only intermittent access to DV and my brother is not likely to just leave all the dragons and habitats where I put them, especially as he hatches more dragons while I am not around. So I gave up on it, and since I don't really care that much about the shrines, except for helping with gold medals, I decided it wasn't really worth the effort anyway. It would be nice to have some way to see what dragons you have, where they are, and what level they are in one nice place. Maybe that will come out in a future update.

Azdares

I usually use the Fountain of Youth to list my dragons to see if I need to level any (just in case I accidentally leave one at level 1 or something) but usually I just remember which dragons I have. I'm the only one with access to my account. I know my friend usually groups dragons together by type (eg 2 Fireflies and 2 Scorches in one habitat) but mine are mostly all over the place. As for the hibernation cave... *shudders* it's a mess. A full screen overview of ALL your dragons which can be arranged in many ways would be nice though.

*Isa36*

Mostly I do remember which dragons are still missing. But I have a loose system ingame to keep track of them too: All habitats of the same element are built one one single island. Every dragon sits in a habitat of its primary element. First dragon is adult, second is baby, third is egg (I'm collecting eggs for only a short period, so it's just a few by now). Same dragons are grouped in the same habitat, egg next to it. And since I am starting to run out of space baby dragons can also be moved to the hibernation cave. So to find one dragon (or to be sure it's not there) I simply have to know (or check in the market) the primary element, the matching island and maybe check the hibernation cave.

logster

I have a list with the following headings, dragon, breeding time, how many dragons and how many eggs I have. Also I name all my dragons with a similar name to their type. For example, blazing could be blazer or blaz, this keeps all the same level dragons in alphabetical order when I need to breed them.

scarreddragon

I name all my dragons by whatever they are too, so I can find them easy, and I keep one adult in the habitats and one baby in the cave, no exceptions, which means I even have a baby sun, moon, rainbow etc in the cave. Mainly when a ton of dragons come out at once I find it hard to keep track of which ones I need completely, which ones I need another of, and especially which eggs I need! So I tend to write down what I have a keep a checklist. I was just wondering what everyone else did, and everyone's strategy seems different, which is really interesting!

wapatango
Member Avatar

Most of the dragons that my brother and I rename, we rename after dragons in the books we have read since we both love to read fantasy and have read tons of dragon books. My brother did try to give one of the quake dragons a fitting name...unfortunately it was too long a word. I always laugh when I see the name--earthquak. Maybe I should turn it into a joke. What do you get when you breed a quake dragon with a duck? An earthquack.

Hyped

I used to keep an excel spreadsheet...but got tired of updating it. Now, I simply name my dragons...like this:
Fire1, Fire2, Flower1, Lichen 1, Lichen 2, Magnetic 1, etc....

So, when I need to know how many dragons I have...I just look for the highest numbered dragon in all parks then in hibernation (I intentionally put the highest # one in Hibernation if I can... unless I need it for breeding/earning).

Hyped

In addition, I carefully level up my dragons to level 10...so that they will be sorted alphabetically in hibernation.

I wish we could sort dragons by names..not levels...

ForgeIsTheKing
Member Avatar

Interesting twist - never mind keeping track of dragons, how about eggs?

Me and my daughter finally got 6th island, so now we have space and we are relocating all egg displays there, as a grid - buying plain dragons as horizontal and vertical "axis labels" then placing egg displays into the grid (plus of course extra for limited/rare). It is starting to look pretty good, at least with single glance we know which are missing

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Rae of the ZetaBoardsThemeZone.