Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the DragonVale Wiki Forum. If you wish to return to the wiki, please click here.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you are a new user, please register here.

REGISTER LINK WORKS NOW, SORRY. )x

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Sapphire Dragon; Mountain + Rain
Topic Started: Aug 21 2012, 09:40 PM (11,755 Views)
wapatango
Member Avatar

We have 10 days left to wait and speculate on September's sapphire dragon. It sure would be fun to guess the correct combo before the dragon is released. I have spent some time researching sapphires, looking at available dragons, and thinking. My current best guess for September is iron & water. My reasoning: Iron b/c iron & titanium cause the blue color in sapphires. Water b/c it is deep blue, didn't just come out, and would be something "unexpected". Also, sapphires are found in alluvial deposits which is loose dirt that has been moved around by water. This gives us 5 fails, same as with peridot. Average fail time is 11.2 hours (peridot's average fail time was 11.3.) Anyone else have any guesses?
Edited by Sylvandyr, Sep 4 2013, 11:27 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fletch_smf
Member Avatar

Iron + Ice. If we're not going to have Crystal as a Fail, then let's have Mountain, Steel and Mine.

lemmyLoop
Member Avatar

Fletch_smf
Aug 21 2012, 09:50 PM
Iron + Ice. If we're not going to have Crystal as a Fail, then let's have Mountain, Steel and Mine.
Let's not forget about a chance for Rainbow as well.

I'm goin to suggest Blue Fire x Iron, because Forge fails are always fun! This'll leave us with Mountain, Mine, Steel, Scoria as well. And also give us a chance for another friendly 48hr--Gold!

Highly doubtful that this would be the case, but it's a scary combo to consider.

MrsR

Fletch_smf
I have a feeling they'll save Ice for the April Gemstone Dragon since the birthstone is diamond.

Anybody else think the combo might be related to that of the Ruby Dragon since both sapphire and ruby are both forms of the mineral corundum?

Fletch_smf
Member Avatar

MrsR
Aug 22 2012, 06:54 AM
Fletch_smf
I have a feeling they'll save Ice for the April Gemstone Dragon since the birthstone is diamond.

Anybody else think the combo might be related to that of the Ruby Dragon since both sapphire and ruby are both forms of the mineral corundum?
They'll definitely use Ice for Diamond, but they've already shown they can reuse the dragons for more than one gemstone dragon.

RuffianRules

Okay, for arguments sake since the Sapphire is the "twin" of Ruby, let's say they decide to use Chrome again and poor Iceberg has never been used for anything so let's give him a turn. : ) Chrome + Iceberg - and you still have Quicksilver and Rainbow as your long fails.

wapatango
Member Avatar

Yeah, ruby & sapphire are related, but they surely wouldn't use chrome, b/c chrome is what gives the corundum the red color. If it has chrome, it is no longer a sapphire. I really debated which blue dragon to use, and ice and blue fire were both big considerations, partly because of their long fails. I finally decided to do water b/c it would be such a switch to use a pure dragon instead of a hybrid. (Plus it has a deep blue color.) However, I would not put it past BFS to use an opposite element like bluefire, for that too would be a switch. However, it would be hard for newer players.

Suncrusher
Member Avatar

I liked whoever's idea that rain was released so that it could be used, so I'm going with rain and ice/iceberg. Or rain and crystal?

txr13

I'm thinking maybe Iron x Rain. Rain has that deep blue color, Iron has the chemical link, it can generate Rainbow, Scoria, and Quicksilver fails, and it might additionally catch people off guard because Rain was just released.

Plus, we're all tired of Crystal fails. I don't think they want to tire us out too much on that one poor dragon that nobody wants, though I could be wrong. :)
Edited by txr13, Aug 22 2012, 10:15 AM.

DackRalter
Member Avatar

Whatever the combo is, I hope it allows for seasonal and/or olympus "fails"

wapatango
Member Avatar

I wish it would too, but I don't think it will, because I firmly believe that water will be one of the elements.

DragginDragon

I have the same guess as txr13, Iron and Rain. I really hope they keep Olympus combos out of sapphire. They are way to common and would use up a lot of time/gems for anyone wanting a sapphire dragon. It would be convient for people needing Olympus dragons but imagine all the 35 hour fail times... It would make me appreciate forge/crystal a lot more lol.

coolcor

dodo is another possibility, with his blue colour.
steeldragon is another nice blue dragon, and steel is made by castiron.
so you have the blue colour and the iron and titatium.
ruby was really red,(scorch), sapphire will be really blue. (water and rain are really blue, but the steeldragon was made with cold, and scorch is kinda opposite) Am I making sense ??? I don't know.
Edited by coolcor, Aug 22 2012, 11:40 AM.

logster

My guesses are always way off but I am guessing mud because of the earth and water source with crystal

txr13

The release of Silver has me thinking it's probably another potential Sapphire fail. But if the guess of Cold as a component of Silver is correct, that means Sapphire would probably be something like Iron x Iceberg (assuming they keep Ice for Diamond in April)...

Unless Silver is Metal x Water, which I consider less likely. :P In which case, my original thought of Iron x Rain for Sapphire could still be correct...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Rae of the ZetaBoardsThemeZone.