Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the DragonVale Wiki Forum. If you wish to return to the wiki, please click here.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you are a new user, please register here.

REGISTER LINK WORKS NOW, SORRY. )x

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Upgrade Shrines. Higher % success breeding with higher level dragons.
Topic Started: Feb 13 2013, 10:16 PM (12,530 Views)
Fletch_smf
Member Avatar

Member at our forum is playing on a Kindle and he has the following message on his Water Shrine.

Posted Image

Can't see it on my GCID game and no Android users see it either, so perhaps it's an oops for Kindle devices only at the moment. Seems like an early glimpse of a new update.

You can now upgrade your shrines for gems, rather than have to breed a certain number of dragons to Level 10/15. Half a gem for each element required to get to silver (rounded up to the nearest gem) and 1 gem for each element to get to Gold.

He also has a message on his shrines that each level above 14 gives you a better chance of breeding rare dragons.

Not sure if posting this is against the rules. If so, just delete it. But as certain players could see it, I thought I would post the message. Obviously we'll all be getting this soon enough.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
essiw
Member Avatar

A significant advantage imo would be a at least 50% increase of chance (so if it has 1% it will be 1,5% and if it has 4% it will be 6%). However this is to difficult to take tests for (you would have to take a few thousands per dragon if I guess correct, and test it for both breeding places).

Fletch_smf
Member Avatar

essiw
Mar 2 2013, 05:22 AM
A significant advantage imo would be a at least 50% increase of chance (so if it has 1% it will be 1,5% and if it has 4% it will be 6%). However this is to difficult to take tests for (you would have to take a few thousands per dragon if I guess correct, and test it for both breeding places).
I concur. Impossible really to see if Rainbow goes up from 1% to 1.5%. But seeing if a Gem dragon goes from 7 to 10 is more testable and easier to check. Not seeing it yet. The most gemstone dragons I've gotten in a group of 100 is 7.

there be dragons

Thought some current data on Level 14 dragons might be interesting. Here is what I have so far

700 x level 14 River + level 14 Iceberg on the Island

38 Aquamarine
51 Century
611 regulars

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hate to be a pain but do consider the difference might be absolute. So rainbow goes 1 to 3% but gem goes 6 to 8 so that would be "significant" for really rare but not for others. Also, if only applies to epic might not effect gem stone?
Quote Post Goto Top

blkmagicwoman

there be dragons
Mar 2 2013, 05:55 PM
Thought some current data on Level 14 dragons might be interesting. Here is what I have so far

700 x level 14 River + level 14 Iceberg on the Island

38 Aquamarine
51 Century
611 regulars
thank you for doing this many repetitions. nice to see what the odds are. and in general, I would like to thank those who are trying to figure out just how much of a benefit it is to get a dragon to Level 20. It is quite expensive to do it, and I wouldn't want to attempt it as a matter of course so trying to figure out if it is worth it is a good thing to do.

essiw
Member Avatar

Fletch_smf
Mar 2 2013, 04:46 PM
essiw
Mar 2 2013, 05:22 AM
I concur. Impossible really to see if Rainbow goes up from 1% to 1.5%. But seeing if a Gem dragon goes from 7 to 10 is more testable and easier to check. Not seeing it yet. The most gemstone dragons I've gotten in a group of 100 is 7.
I am not going to spend a lot of time of calculating exactly how much tests you guys need to do to be sure. But I can say that f you are trying to figure out if a gemstone dragon has now 10% instead of 7% and assuming that the dragon has indeed a 10% chance, then with 100 tries you have 20% chance to get 7 or less gemstone dragons (binomial: n=100 P=0.1 number of successes=7 or less). 20% is a big amount and if you are unlucky it could take a long time to find out. If you only do 50 tries you will be around 30-35%.
Edited by essiw, Mar 7 2013, 01:04 PM.

steelbluefire

The loading bar now says "greatly improves your chances" not significantly, like before...

LiberKhaos
Member Avatar
Before everything, there was nothing. And no one complained about it.
Oh great! Guess it explains the Silver/Platinum overflow.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Rae of the ZetaBoardsThemeZone.