Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Fictional Woods. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Welcome to the forum!
Topic Started: Nov 20 2006, 03:23 AM (13,210 Views)
DB Cooper
Member Avatar
Literary lunatic
[ *  *  * ]
Hello all. Ive posted as DB Cooper at the World Literature Forum for quite some time. Found this forum by sheer chance and it appears to have intelligent discussion of literature with many knowledgable members, also there appears to be quite a bit of overlap with the posters at WLF. So here I am! If you are curious and have any questions, feel free to ask, but as my username suggests I do enjoy a veil of internet privacy to a degree. I guess, in summation, I like books.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DB Cooper
Member Avatar
Literary lunatic
[ *  *  * ]
Hmm, five favorite? This list is ever shifting and changing, depending on the day (hour) you ask me. So here is my top five, for this hour at least:

Roberto Bolano- 2666 also The Savage Detectives
Vladimir Nabokov- Lolita
Julio Cortazar- Hopscotch
Franz Kafka- The Castle
Mario Vargas Llosa- The War At The End Of The World
William T Vollmann- The Rainbow Stories
Cormac McCarthy- Blood Meridian

More than five but oh well. Probably should be something by Pynchon in there too, but I had to stop listing sometime. Infinite Jest could sneak in there some days, and if Im feeling contrarian so would The Kindly Ones

DB Cooper
Member Avatar
Literary lunatic
[ *  *  * ]
Never read Fuentes or Crowley, but I have had Little, Big tucked away on my Amazon wishlist for some time.

DB Cooper
Member Avatar
Literary lunatic
[ *  *  * ]
Morgolemtheau
Jul 17 2010, 10:11 PM
you should also look into the Aegypt series.
Actually that is on my wishlist also, but I didnt realize it was a series. Hmm, sounds interesting.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply