Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Fictional Woods. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Welcome to the forum!
Topic Started: Nov 20 2006, 03:23 AM (13,204 Views)
Myrddin
Member Avatar
Literary lunatic
[ *  *  * ]
Hello all, discovered the Modern Word site about 10 years ago when looking for information on Pynchon, joined recently as I've just been rediscovering him as an author, I found the main site useful for recommendations, I was only vaguely aware of Borges beforehand but didn't "do" forums at the time have come on here for more information on different authors and generally bookish discussion. I'm originally from South Wales but have lived in London for the last seven years.

My favourite authors are Borges, Anthony Burgess, Alan Moore and (guilty pleasure) Terry Pratchett. I also really enjoy Thomas Pynchon, Mervyn Peake, Iain Sinclair (not sure that "enjoy" is the correct word with him though) Magnus Mills, Niall Griffiths and Peter Ackroyd, or at least his earlier stuff. I mostly read fiction and prefer things with fantastical tendencies, preferring that to naturalism. I enjoy ghost stories and Weird fiction especially MR James, Arthur Machen and Clark Ashton Smith.

Outside of fiction I'm into unexplained phenomena, having subscribed to Fortean Times for years, I like guitar based music but I'll stop waffling on now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Myrddin
Member Avatar
Literary lunatic
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks for the welcomes, will head over to the music section...

n00b question, is there a quick way to go to the most recent post in a thread? The other forum I use has arrow at the end of the topic title that automatically takes you the first post you haven't read.

Myrddin
Member Avatar
Literary lunatic
[ *  *  * ]
suzannahhh
May 23 2013, 04:37 PM
when a folder is indicated
that it has new messages in it
when I open the folder it automatically takes me
to the first as yet unread post.
Thanks and thanks for the further welcomes!

Myrddin
Member Avatar
Literary lunatic
[ *  *  * ]
Cheers.

Myrddin
Member Avatar
Literary lunatic
[ *  *  * ]
I introduced Taimat to the forum, do I get a cookie or something?

Myrddin
Member Avatar
Literary lunatic
[ *  *  * ]
Tiamat, start posting immediately!

Myrddin
Member Avatar
Literary lunatic
[ *  *  * ]
Tiamat obviously doesn't care about my five cookies, I hate her now.

« Previous Topic · General discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply