Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Fictional Woods. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
More Lists; Oh, the Shame!
Topic Started: May 20 2008, 10:13 AM (8,540 Views)
oneofmurphysbiscuits
Member Avatar
marmalade modernist
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
oh ha :P it reminds me of the bit in Stoppard's "the real inspector hound" when we hear a radio newsreader reporting on the recent escape of a dangerous criminal "the public is advised to stick together!"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

oneofmurphysbiscuits
Member Avatar
marmalade modernist
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
my husband and good friends say that a major source of my grumpiness is that i overestimate the intelligence at work in x y or z and underestimate my own, i'm mostly oblivious to things like this so i don't usually have a frame of reference or become too cross - although the latter takes discipline of a kind in practise, on the net it's easy to avoid as a mysterious waste of time :P

oneofmurphysbiscuits
Member Avatar
marmalade modernist
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
please excuse: Marcel, i keep meaning to say thay your most recent PMs left me a bit befuddled, sweets

oneofmurphysbiscuits
Member Avatar
marmalade modernist
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
35, plus A Dance to the Music of Time is a 12 novel sequence. A reread might be in order, because some of the things Powell does still fascinate me even at such a distance

oneofmurphysbiscuits
Member Avatar
marmalade modernist
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
re Cleanthes' post, i was about to say, where's Roa Bastos..oh there, right you are! :)
Edited by oneofmurphysbiscuits, Apr 9 2013, 06:56 PM.

oneofmurphysbiscuits
Member Avatar
marmalade modernist
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oblomov is good fun, if memory serves.

oneofmurphysbiscuits
Member Avatar
marmalade modernist
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
most of these are going on my tbb list, Blair, it's so interesting and i'm curious to see for myself. Thankyou!

« Previous Topic · General discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply