Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Once you've registered and completed email validation, you'll need to reply to the thread in The Welcome mat before you gain full access to the site.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Council Approved Releases - Downloads and Documents; MFA, MWZ, DLL
Topic Started: Feb 17 2011, 03:52 PM (8,370 Views)
banstylejbo
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey everyone, this thread will contain all updated downloads and rules documents for Council Approved sets. As of right now there are three such sets: Marvel Factions (MFA), Marvel Warzone (MWZ), and DC Lantern's Light (DLL). View the sections below for all files and documents associated with each set. Enjoy!

Marvel Factions - (Approved on December 27th, 2009)
Marvel Factions MWS Set File
Marvel Factions OCTGN Set File
Marvel Factions FAQ Document
Marvel Factions Sortable Excel Document
Marvel Factions Proxy Files - Playsets
Marvel Factions Proxy Files - Singles

Marvel Warzone - (Approved on July 13th, 2010)
Marvel Warzone MWS Set File
Marvel Warzone OCTGN Set File
Marvel Warzone FAQ Document
Marvel Warzone Sortable Excel Document
Marvel Warzone Proxy Files - Playsets
Marvel Warzone Proxy Files - Singles

DC Lantern's Light - (Approved on January 11th, 2011)
DC Lantern's Light MWS Set File
DC Lantern's Light OCTGN Set File
DC Lantern's Light FAQ Document
DC Lantern's Light Sortable Excel Document
DC Lantern's Light Image Gallery (Proxy files coming soon)

DC Nightfall - (Approved on November 17th, 2011)
DC Nightfall MWS Set File
DC Nightfall FAQ Document
More DCN files and documents coming soon...

If any links don't work please let us know and we'll get things fixed up.
Edited by banstylejbo, Nov 23 2011, 11:01 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ogdu
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Is there a resource such as this, but for sets that were produced by UDE? I'm basically looking to find quality card images to print out and play with. A point in the right direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

kariggi
Member Avatar
Hero For Hire
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
http://s11.zetaboards.com/vssystem/topic/7265179/1/

try that let me know if it's what you need.

ogdu
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
i think those are the MWS sets no? i was looking more for like a PDF file of card images, so i could color print them out to use as physical cards. can you do that with MWS?

kariggi
Member Avatar
Hero For Hire
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It is, & I don't know, I've used it for paper slips but I don't know about for a cardstock card.

Slow week here someone will shake out the answere soon I'm sure.

Ike E Bear
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A few people were talking about a scanning project to digitise (in reasonably high quality - higher than many of the images used in MWS) all existing cards ...

I was one of them, but I just couldn't find the time. It's a massive undertaking and I think it'd take a lot of people sharing the workload.

I honestly believe it's something we SHOULD do, since new players - if we hope to recruit them - can't reasonably be expected to accumulate decent collections at this point.

Edit - If you don't mind the lower quality images and you get all the JPG files from the MWS sets, it's easy enough to make the PDF files you're talking about. You can do it in Word, or Adobe InDesign. You just have to get the measurements of the cards right. It takes a little work, but so does anything worth doing.
Edited by Ike E Bear, Jun 25 2011, 06:02 AM.

Obsidian3d
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Is there an image gallery available for War Zone?

Sazabi
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  *  * ]
Just curious, when and or where can I find the playset proxies for DLL? I'm a huge DC/Lantern fan and would love to get my hands on a full set!!

carlosthedwarf
Member Avatar
Alpha Flight LIVES!!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Good question - I'm not sure. If you don't get an answer soon, send a PM to Banstylejbo (the guy who started this thread) and I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

(To send a PM, click his name, then click PM on the screen that opens up. He's a friendly guy, so I know he'll respond when he can - he sometimes gets a little caught up at work)

Ike E Bear
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As long as there weren't any amendments since I uploaded this (and I don't think there was), here's all of DLL as a PDF.

http://www.4shared.com/document/Dtskued_/DLL_Proxies_Final_2.html?

ZKrom
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
What about DCN....council approved or what...???

banstylejbo
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
We're working on it. Having some internal discussion on the set over the past couple days. We're just crossing our T's and dotting our I's before we make an official announcement.

carlosthedwarf
Member Avatar
Alpha Flight LIVES!!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
banstylejbo
Nov 3 2011, 04:22 PM
We're working on it. Having some internal discussion on the set over the past couple days. We're just crossing our T's and dotting our I's before we make an official announcement.
Translation: Carlos refuses to vote it in until at least 15 Bat-mite legend cards are inserted. The rest of the council FAILS to see my GENIUS!!

j-man
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
yay bat-mite. he needs respect in vs. hes got the same powers as mr mytzy and worships a better hero yet he has 1 caed to the others 3+. thats bs

Neuro2k5
No Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
MWZ clarification.

is Shuri MWZ022 correct as written? It is the first time i have seen a card worded as such. most times when a character is forced to move, its controller moves it. This has ramifications for resolution of CRD702.XX as far as the controller of a card moving it between visible/hidden.

It is my understanding, that when her target is chosen, its owner would decide where it ends up in the new location. Similar to how all previous such effects have been worded.

The owner of the 'target' card would choose where the character is ultimately placed, whether adjacent or non-adjacent to cards already in the new zone, since there are infinite spaces there.

I believe the intent on the card is the owner of target card moves it to the new spot, rather that the wording of, Shuri's owner moves the target card.

Edited by Neuro2k5, Nov 6 2011, 09:56 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fan Creations · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Marvel Comics Character Images, Character Names and Card Text Copyright 2009 Marvel Characters Ltd. and/or Upper Deck Entertainment, LLC. DC Comics Character Images, Character Names and Card Text Copyright 2009 DC Characters Ltd. and/or Upper Deck Entertainment, LLC.