Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
t performances
Topic Started: Apr 22 2014, 11:39 AM (8 Views)
zake201
Administrator
There appears to be differing opinions on the progress of Vancouver Canucks forward Ryan Keslers recuperation from two off-season surgeries. According to the Vancouver Province, Keslers agent says his clients recovery from off-season shoulder and wrist surgeries has been pushed back months. "The re-evaluation was positive in that the surgeries were successful," Keslers agent, Kurt Overhardt told the Province. "However, the compounding nature of both of those surgeries being on the same side of the body, its been very hard to properly rehab either one of the them — particularly the shoulder — because thats obviously a big deal. "I dont think its fair to have any sort of time frame when hes going to be 100 per cent and cleared to play. I dont have a crystal ball and its certainly months away, its not weeks away. Its several months away." But while the Canucks dont have a specific timeline in place for Keslers return, Canucks assistant general manager Laurence Gilman disagrees that their power forward is months away from being ready to play. "I wouldnt necessarily say its months away - thats news to me - and I havent been given a timeline," Gilman told the newspaper. "The rehab for his shoulder was complicated by the surgery that happened with his wrist and it has impacted his ability to build strength in his shoulder. "Its a gradual process and hes improving every day. We assume hell be healthy in due course but when thats going to be, at this stage thats not clear." Despite the current NHL lockout, Kesler is being paid his $5 million salary and is rehabbing with the Canucks medical staff because he was injured before the last collective bargaining agreement expired in September. Cheap NHL Jerseys . Barcelona says Fabregas will be sidelined seven to 10 days due to a strain to his right thigh picked up after coming on for the last 10 minutes of Fridays 3-0 Copa del Rey final win over Athletic Bilbao. Wholesale NFL Jerseys .A. Happ, infielder Emilio Bonifacio and catcher Josh Thole. Happ and Bonifacio signed one-year deals worth US$3. http://www.xingfantrade.com/ . -- The Denver Broncos have signed rookie quarterback Brock Osweiler, a second-round pick from Arizona State who they believe can eventually become Peyton Mannings heir apparent. xingfantrade . Tulowitzki took himself out of a game Wednesday at Triple-A Colorado Springs after feeling not quite right. Manager Jim Tracy said Tulowitzki went through strength tests on Thursday morning at Coors Field and that the MRI was simply because, "they want to rule out anything that possibly could be missed just by visual observation. Wholesale NHL Jerseys . Friday night in front of 5,095 at Shaw Park, starter Fabian Williamson allowed just one run on four hits over 6.DENVER -- Saturdays rematch between UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson and the man he beat for the belt, Frankie (The Answer) Edgar, wasnt supposed to happen. Following Hendersons UFC 144 win over Edgar in February, UFC President Dana White suggested former World Extreme Cagefighting champion Anthony Pettis would get his shot at UFC gold. But Edgar, who had previously granted title-shot rematches to B.J. Penn and Gray Maynard, was relentless in his pursuit of a return bout and eventually forced Whites hand. The two now meet in the main event of UFC 150 on Saturday night at the Pepsi Center. "Rematches are -- I mean theres two sides to it," Edgar said. "You get to see what your opponent is all about, and you get to see what youre about. I think sometimes in rematches it matters who makes the best adjustments and who is the best. But at this level, fights are so close and sometimes its who shows up that night and who performs better." Thus far in his career, Edgar (14-2-1 MMA, 9-2-1 UFC) has proven himself a better fighter in return bouts -- soundly defeating both Penn and Maynard in rematches. In February, Henderson was awarded their first fight with convincing scores of 49-46, 48-47 and 49-46. Still, Edgar believes he should have retained his belt that night, and hes determined to walk away a champion on Saturday night. "Hes not defending the belt," Edgar said. "That belt is mine, and Im taking it back. "I feel like I can do better than I did last time. All respect to him, hes a very good fighter, but I still feel I am No. 1 in the 155-pound weight class, and I will prove that." Despite Denvers high altitude, which has had visible effects on a handful of fighters on previous fight cards in the Mile-High City, Henderson and Edgar are well-equipped to maintain a fast pace for a full five rounds. The key ultimately boils down to the larger Hendersons ability to absorb Edgars blows while utilizing his strength to control the action in clinches and on the floor. Meanwhile, Edgar will likely look to capitalize on speed and movement to frustrate his opponent while landing rapid-fire combinations at every opportunity.dddddddddddd Henderson (16-2 MMA, 4-0 UFC) has already been told Nate Diaz is in waiting, and a trilogy fight is not in the cards should he fall short on Saturday night. Meanwhile, Edgar has been told repeatedly by White he should consider dropping to 145 pounds. So while the UFC 150 main event will determine the promotions lightweight champion, it will also have much to say about the future of two of the sports most exciting fighters. "I think its going to be another great fight, another great performance from both of us," Edgar said. "The biggest thing, I think, is that we both always bring it. We both always have good entertaining fights. We dont need to talk smack and hate each other. We dont need to dislike the guy or be hateful towards each other, but we always put on a great show, and its going to stay the same in Denver." On paper, the nights co-main event between Colorado native Donald Cerrone and Melvin Guillard looks to be a crowd-pleaser and a leading candidate to score the evenings Fight of the Night. Former teammates and current friends, Cerrone and Guillard have each promised to deliver an action-packed contest from start to finish, and their past performances would suggest thats not an empty pledge. Guillard fought just one month ago, but the potential to compete in such a high-level affair against Cerrone was too enticing to turn down. "Donald has always been a great friend of mine," Guillard said. "The first thing I thought was, The least I can do is show up for the guy. That way he can fight in his hometown. But by no means did I come to Colorado to lose." Meanwhile, Cerrone, who is 8-1 in his past nine fights, was especially appreciative of his opponents willingness to clash. "I am honoured Melvin stepped up," Cerrone said. "He could have said, We trained together. Weve sparred. He knows my style. Its in his hometown. But he stepped up right away. Hes a warrior. Hes a man." ' ' '
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Announcements & News · Next Topic »
Add Reply